The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Gerade eben schrieb Radagosh:

I mean yes. But you forgot to mention the lack of resources, endo and mods that makes it even worse.

Despite being done with Focus already, I find that part fair enough as you get tons of enemies in a very small area. It would feel like exploiting. Or they allow us the normal drops but strongly reduce the drop rate.

9 часов назад, DarkRuler2500 сказал:

Efficiency too hard to handle with randoms groups

I kinda disagree on this one. One thing that everybody should know (seriously, just display this info before the mission DE) is that collecting this yellow fragments seems to increase your efficiency meter. So, ideally you need to collect them in the last 10-20 seconds. But for some reason people grab them ASAP.

Edited by Rinaldos

So, today I was farming kohra doing the sanctuary onslaught and i was running around with my operator and when the portal appears the game takes me back to my warframe and it puts this screen filter thing and I'm stuck there, but thats not all after that the screen goes grey(not black) and I keep on hearing if i wasn't stuck in the other level and the screen animations of the health and energy bar kept on going.

Gerade eben schrieb Rinaldos:

I kinda disagree on this one. One thing that should everybody know (seriously, just display this info before the mission DE) is that collecting this yellow fragments seems to increase your efficiency meter. So, ideally you need to collect them in the last 10-20 seconds. But for some reason people grab them ASAP.

They buffed the chance in a recent hotfix considerably.
So this point is pretty much no more valid from my side. :)

Not the worst, that would be defection for me personally, but it's not far off. 

The issue for many is getting basically nothing (I can get more focus from an eidolon in the same time) if they don't get khora, vandal parts of the captura scenes after doing such a monotonous mission really doesn't make many of us want to go back and do it again. 

Even doing something as simple as making it so we get AABC rewards on every level and adding normal drops to enemies would make it better, although I still feel higher drop rates are needed for the stuff we actually want.

1 hour ago, zombieshoterx said:

the mission is cool but there is to big problem like loosing everything when host leave and can't get our rewards back (i lost a braton vandal bleuprint because of this), same when the game crashes,  it happens that we can't return in our squads. simaris going afk and didn't open open the portal is also annoying. hope this will be fix as soon as possible.

(i'm french, sorry if there is error in my message)

Noted the same problem.I've lost 3 runs rewards and focus to the host leaving. I'm not playing that anymore until it's fixed.

Also some tiles have pretty bad spawns, in particular corpus ice planets. If Simaris really wants more conflict, he really should give us enough targets.

Edited by Sargrak

9 minutes ago, Dawson1917 said:

Fun fact: Focus isn't content. It's a bunch of minor stat bonuses and about 4 visual FX

You saying something doesn't automatically make it a fact, and it's not funny either. The Focus system, in its entirety, is content. Lenses, abilities, bosses rewarding items that profit your focus gains, and specific ways to earn the points required. Sounds like content to me.

13 minutes ago, Dawson1917 said:

Face it, you don't care about focus. You're just jumping onto criticism for no reason other than to jump on criticism.

I've already spent (and I'll continue to spend) and awful lot of focus points, for apparently not caring about it.

You keep jumping to conclusions instead of trying to propose an offer that would be beneficial for both the players and DE. 

This post will be edited in the future if more issues starts to come up. So expect 'Edit' notes.

Now that's out of the way, let's jump in.

1 - No Tutorial / Trial mode:
Everyone knows that Warframe has problems regarding new player experience right? Well SO is no exception on that. When I first launched the mission through Simaris, there was no explanation on what to do except 'kill stuff' 'wait for timer' 'go through portal', and that's it. I'd really like a tutorial / trial introduction to the new game mode, to shed some light on my brain, and show me what to do. Pausing the game to go on Wiki / Forums to actually know what the HEK should I do is still a pathetic method on educating players on how to play the game. There was no explanation on Efficiency and what are those yellow bubbly nodes are, I knew I had to kill and wait that's all.

2 - Efficiency nodes:
Their lack of extinction from the surroundings, the pathetic 10% Efficiency bonus and the worst of it all, their placement in the way of enemies groups kills their purpose. This collides with the 1st Issue, but many newcomers collect them accidentally without having a clue on what they do. I suggest transforming them into Life Support like devices, that you can activate whenever you want, without picking them up by accident, and make them give more, like a regular Life Support module does.

3 - Ability blockage:
Who thought that this is gonna be a good idea? Like seriously, who? Just don't. Please.

4 - Bugs:
>> I encountered basic Warframe bugs. Nothing unusual... Oh wait. If a host leaves after you pick up all the Efficiency nodes and kill all the enemies that spawned, the game migrates, and enemies stop spawning. Kinda frustrating to watch your Efficiency meter deplete on a field of nothingness.
>> '3/2 Efficiency' notification was funny tho.

5 - Points:
No meaning towards them except Leaderboards. There are currently 0.001% of people who are driven by the Leaderboards. There are more than 30 million registered users, and 100.000 active player count on Steam. Figure it out what's the problem with it. Count them towards Simaris Rep, or Focus to actually give the points meaning.

6 - Extraction:
You chill, enjoy the gamemode, kill SHEEV, then suddenly after you advance on the levels, without no warning someone quits. The other squad mates, including yours truly, struggles in the next area, you barely made out, advance, then suddenly another one of your squadmates extract. WITHOUT ANY KIND OF NOTIFICATION. You can't quit, because you have been already advanced to the next floor, so you and the other guy who remained got FURAXd. I expected something like in Defense missions where you can chose if you can stay or quit. Something like in Relic Survivals. Because the current one is like backstabbing a Grineer with the a Covert Lethality RAKTA DARK DAGGER.

Edit:
7 - Rewards:
Endo? 5k - 10k Credits? 5% drop rate for the new Frame? Lith Relics? You're kidding, right? This must be a joke.

Edited by Shotikhan

Il y a 19 heures, sixmille a dit :

Ha no, I'm happy that for once a game mode can't be ruined by someone with the attention span of a goldfish. There are enough game modes for this kind of players. I don't mind people who just want to do quick 5 minute matches, but I'm also happy that there's something like this for longer runs.

But IT IS ruined by these kind of players. I just had my host leaving after 14 rounds. Got thrown out of onslought, lost everything and wasted my time completely. That's just telling me I'll have to do those solo, or find a whole squad that wants to do a long run if I want to have a long run. Can't just jump in as pug. I'd rather have an option for any squadmate, including the host, who wishes to leave to be able to do so without interrupting the onslought for those who wish to continue.

I've had some serious problems with it. all other missions do fine but sanctuary onslaught will freeze my game at some point while the last noise i made repeats over and over and the whole thing freezes and i've left it like that and it just stays for 1 time a whole hour. i cant do much expect use the windows button to play other steam games and then i decide i have to turn off my computer and turn it back on again. it makes me unable to play it and i really want khora.

First off, I'd like to thank DE for their effort in bringing some endgame challenge to Warframe, this is much appreciated. I have played a few rounds of Elite Sanctuary Onslaughts, going up to zone 6/7, and this is my feedback on what I like and dislike so far

What I like:

1. Option for Elite mode, enemy level starting at level 75-90

2. Fast enemy level scaling.

3. Changing enemy types and tilesets.

4. Inability to spam the same abilities over and over.

5. No gear.

6. Radiant relics.

What I dislike:

1. Challenge based on killing fast, not on surviving the ordeal.
The challenge in this mode is mostly on killing fast, and not because of the threat of dying from an onslaught of enemies. I would like to see a hardcore game mode with the same rules where surviving the threat is the main challenge, and not killing fast.

2. Impossible to "fail".
Although this is supposed to be the hardcore mode, it's almost impossible for you to fail. If you couldn't kill fast enough, you just collect whatever rewards you have achieved and extract. There is no urgency to reach a goal even though this is supposed to be a hardcore mode.

3. Some skills still spammable
Although 4th skills are quickly limited by Simaris, other skills which are very potent but not assigned to the 4th skill are not really limited. From play testing, I could still spam Radial Blind and lock down the entire room, turning off enemy AI and removing all threats easily. It doesn't help too much with killing fast, but you don't feel any threats at all.

4. Too many revives in Elite mode
Let us have 0 revives in Elite mode. Let it be a true hardcore mode. This way we have the urgency to work as a team and revive teammates.

5. No Axi relics
I like hardcore challenge, and I regard T4 Orokin Void Fissures to be one of the more fun challenge to play in Warframe. Thus, I usually run out of Axi relics. It would be good if this hardcore mode awards resources that lets me do the other hardcore mode.

Suggestions

I doubt DE will change this game mode significantly when it is just freshly introduced, but this is what I would like to see. If not altering Sanctuary Onslaught, I would like to see a future hardcore mode that is focused more on surviving the ordeal of the mission, and not to kill fast.

1. Let players have the option to choose how many rounds they want to go before they start the mission (e.g. let us have 4 options, 1st Rotation A, 2nd Rotation A, Rotation B, Rotation C).

2. If we fail to meet the target that we have declared to achieve, we fail the mission and no rewards are given. If we meet our goal, we are automatically extracted. This gives us the urgency to achieve the goal.

3. Remove or slow down the efficiency counter, so that surviving the ordeal is the main focus, not killing fast. Increase the threat if you have to if not having the efficiency counter becomes too easy e.g. let enemies have 3x damage multiplier as in the case of T4 Void missions.

4. Keep Simaris' rules, I like them. Fix it for other potent abilities which are not 4th abilities.

5. 0 revives.

Edit:

After 1 day of gameplay, I am already abandoning this mode, mainly due to the difficulty that lies in "killing fast" and not "surviving". This penalizes killing with guns, and large AoE nukes are much more preferred. Also, for a "hardcore" content, it is ironic that it is impossible to "fail", you are just automatically extracted with your rewards when you couldn't kill fast enough. I will still be waiting for a hardcore content, with Simaris' rules, starting at high levels and scaling up fast, that focuses on surviving the ordeal.

Edited by Checht
Additional feedback

5 minutes ago, Shotikhan said:

6 - Extraction:
You chill, enjoy the gamemode, kill SHEEV, then suddenly after you advance on the levels, without no warning someone quits. The other squad mates, including yours truly, struggles in the next area, you barely made out, advance, then suddenly another one of your squadmates extract. WITHOUT ANY KIND OF NOTIFICATION. You can't quit, because you have been already advanced to the next floor, so you and the other guy who remained got FURAXd. I expected something like in Defense missions where you can chose if you can stay or quit. Something like in Relic Survivals. Because the current one is like backstabbing a Grineer with the a Covert Lethality RAKTA DARK DAGGER.

They don't quit, they crash.

I wasted so many hours now crashing, failed to connect, host migration, lost SOOOO many school points, its just beyond a joke now.

Edited by SinergyX

Any type of host migration is ruining gameplay. When someone leaves, you get stuck on the loading screen, then somehow complete the mission with no rewards! Then you stuck, unable to move in your orbiter. Not fun.

Plus if you are where the conduit spawns, you go to the next round but aren't counted as being there and get stuck on a white screen, forcing you to disconnect and reconnect

Was really keen for Khora, hope this is fixed soon.

4 minutes ago, Checht said:

First off, I'd like to thank DE for their effort in bringing some endgame challenge to Warframe, this is much appreciated. I have played a few rounds of Elite Sanctuary Onslaughts, going up to zone 6/7, and this is my feedback on what I like an dislike so far

What I like:

4. Inability to spam the same abilities over and over.

The game actualy don't even check who is spamming it, I had a 2nd mesa in the group, I pop my 4 for the very first time.. boom, 15sec disabled.