Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

8 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

You need to give more details and be less over dramatic if you

• A: Want things fixed
  • B: Want  this thread taken seriously.

Might also be worth doing some investigating to see if the issue is on your end. Before throwing stones. 

While I agree with you, there's nothing to investigate on the clients' ends. The game mode keeps freezing all the time and it crashes the game. All of my friends had this issue, not much to investigate about it.

Just now, Epilogia said:

While I agree with you, there's nothing to investigate on the clients' ends. The game mode keeps freezing all the time and it crashes the game. All of my friends had this issue, not much to investigate about it.

That doesn't mean it's not potentially a client side issue. True, chances are it is the update at fault, but you know what my point is.

So far I'm yet to have any of the issues with onslaught i've been hearing about. But I normally tend to miss the worst of the bugs with new WF updates.

Just now, StinkyPygmy said:

That doesn't mean it's not potentially a client side issue. True, chances are it is the update at fault, but you know what my point is.

So far I'm yet to have any of the issues with onslaught i've been hearing about. But I normally tend to miss the worst of the bugs with new WF updates.

Well with many of my friends we've been playing onslaught since it came out - both elite and normal modes - and we kept crashing all the time. Only the host seems to be stable as of now, the players that were the hosts haven't crashed a single time. If you check YouTube, even content creators are experiencing this issue.
The game usually crashes when a conduit spawns, sometimes even when the timer is ticking down.
Have you played with pugs where you weren't the host? Try that, maybe you'll see the crashes that literally the whole forum is talking about.

Dude, I believe Onslaught even crashed in the Devstream when they were showcasing it. It's that unstable. When you play it in a random group you have people crashing and disconnecting basically every round. Solo it works fine for me but as far as group play is concerned it's basically unplayable atm. The chances that you can finish a run without either you or the host crashing is extremely low.

Which sounds pretty extreme, but hear me out:
I can see the idea behind them, little pickups to keep you just barely on top of the dwindling efficiency counter; giving well planned movement a purpose and all.
Unfortunately, they don't do that. They only appear in reasonable quantity at extremely low waves, where your squad probably has no problem keepin efficiency capped out. 
If they are meant for incredibly new players bringing mk-1 gear into Sanctuary onslaught, they don't serve the purpose of letting undergeared squads progress meaningfully further than they would without them since 10% times 3 is a drop in the bucket even at low waves.
Given the increase in efficiency drop as you progress further, players who are going for long runs have them represent less and less "time" bonus with every further wave.
So if they don't meaningfully help normal squads, new squads or tryhard squads; what is their purpose?

I propose reworking efficiency stimulus to work in one of three different ways:
1. A recurring drop that adds efficiency (like they do now), either on a timer or from enemy squads/eximus units. Reducing their scarcity would make them more valuable for both long and short term play.
2. A multiplier or flat bonus on efficiency per kill indefinitely, to let long term squads fight the efficiency drop rate by hunting them down and giving new and short term squads a more accessible gameplay experience.
3. A efficiency drain rate reduction, similar effect as number 2 but resetable per wave to make the start of each wave a scramble to find the item at higher waves.

This is probably one of the more annoying aspects of Onslaught's design, it feels tacked on completely superfluous in it's current state. Most players don't seem to even know what the things do and just pick them up at 99% efficiency anyways. Onslaught is a lovely, hectic murderfest and I love it (drop rates and coming after I was done the prime grind aside); but more game mechanics beyond just "use meta gear to kill harder" would be a nice thing for every type of player I'd say.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

Its a free game and the playerbase are the loving bug testers. 

as a console player; that gets the finalised and often polished product when new content is released, i feel like you probably dont understand how frustrating it is to lose 1 hour + worth of rewards because a new game mode is buggy. lol

2 minutes ago, drewfishking said:

as a console player; that gets the finalised and often polished product when new content is released, i feel like you probably dont understand how frustrating it is to lose 1 hour + worth of rewards because a new game mode is buggy. lol

His point is valid tho. You are a tester, either test the game or wait for it to be patched. Simple. 

Feedback after more than few days of new mode from my last feedback

Bugs, bugs, bugs and loosing of patience. One of the worst bugfest of update this game could bring.

Normal onslaught mode:
- Not loading into first zone from first portal upon joining squad (nothing to wait for other than leave and rejoin).
- Game freezing upon entering portal to new zone (game either crash or needs to be stopped from task manager). Usually happening at wave 4, 8 and 11 (still probably random)

- Fps drops after finishing zone and creating of portal.
- Upon reaching 00:00 (completing zone) it can take lots of time till portal shows while still loosing efficiency and enemies aren't spawning.

- When host of the squad leaves the game or game crashes, game will make an infinite host migration leading into failed mission or while loading efficiency is still being on countdown meaning its failed since every member is loading. All rewards all lost due to salty hosts that leaves or crashes. Which causes a huge head ache and salt field in this game mode.
- Not gaining rewards upon host migration and leading into crash/fail should be fixed asap.

- Some tile sets produce small number of enemies which is making efficiency impossible to keep up.

Happened several times to me and some buddies when we got khora parts and after zone ended host leaves which pops host migration that ends in failing the mission and no rewards whatsoever.

Sadly to say this mode is so buggy that it feels it was put together during few days of spare time and gave out to players in poor state.
Hope this mode will get fixed fast as possible since it have some potential.

Edited by -AT-RedClown

"Why aren't DE better than AAA companies?!!!!".

There is a huge difference between DE staff testing something in house and thousands of people playing it on the public build. There is no way to account for some bugs. Just because you think it's easy to fix or obvious doesn't mean it is. Hell most of these bugs may occur because there are more than a hundred people with unique loadouts and mods are playing the mode at once. The same goes for any update.

By the reasoning of these 2 console players,  we should get paid too (by who? it's simple, by the console players) for testing the product before it reaches their "little perfect" consoles, cuz we do all the work in finding the bugs and DE irons them out (DE already gets paid by all of us)..... all jokes aside ( maybe ? ).... there is no excuse to use your player base as a test team.... it's not moral but it's cheap no sorry it's free

We are all testers basically and our feedbacks needs to help the devs to finish their product and give us more polished content. It is not a once buy game then you get a full product it is a constantly evolving and ocassionally buggy game. There is old bugs which not solved or solved but the recent changes revived a lot, also new bugs appear in the game with every new patch and updates. I agree with you on this is not an excuse by their part the game is free and beta. This game is actually not beta because the core features are finished and the game playable but like mmo games this one also getting new contents. They need feedbacks on how to form the game and yes the grind is a part of the game because they want us to buy or at least fight for the content in game. The rng is terrible but you cannot except better because their life depend on how many peoples buy in their game. They could be better if they go for the once you bought the game then oyu get a full product but that is not available now because they went to this way and the once you buy game model is not gives them too much money. This game needs contant updates and some kind of server maintaince despite it is peer to peer which means we host games and the game trying to choose the best options.

Console peoples are in a better place because they usualy get more polished contents because the game released on the consoles later but they have to wait a lot to the content and they usualy feel boredom because of it. We pc players dealing with the most of bugs and our feedback worth enough to solve things depends on the devs and what feedbacks they check really.

So, i've been playing Onslaught Elite with a friend the last couple days. We have yet to manage Zone 26.

And thats where the problem is. There are no enemies, even thought we kill them as soon as they spawn, efficiency goes down insanely fast. even without enemies.

So im either hoping for a fix in spawns, a fix of how efficiency works or someone to tell me that we are doing something wrong.

3 minutes ago, g0thv4mp1r3 said:

By the reasoning of these 2 console players,  we should get paid too (by who? it's simple, by the console players) for testing the product before it reaches their "little perfect" consoles, cuz we do all the work in finding the bugs and DE irons them out (DE already gets paid by all of us)..... all jokes aside ( maybe ? ).... there is no excuse to use your player base as a test team.... it's not moral but it's cheap no sorry it's free

Most of us are fine with being testers as long as the game is free. If you aren't then don't play for a week or so after an update. This isn't some triple A studio that is concerned only about cash.

4 minutes ago, g0thv4mp1r3 said:

Sadly we arent paid testers we are paid with the fact we can use the game freely. Other hand not so many person can give real feedbacks and not many knows the form how to make a proper feedback. Fix this and that is not reallz useful but if you know an exact location and item which is bugged then you could help them to check it that. And partly agreeing with you on the moral part but they cannot pay to the playerbase for playtest because it means thousands of peoples whom then need to be paid for testing.

Again left in limbo when host left or crashed.

Game eventually kicks you out of Onslaught when you kill nothing as game 'loads' and you drop to zero efficiency.

Best part is you seem to lose all rewards earned up to that point including focus and you have to restart the game.

Find a solution for Spammers.

Here is my suggestion: Simaris wants you to use multiple tactics, so, if you use your fourth ability 20 times during a zone or use a duration power (that you can deactivate) for 100 seconds, in the next zone that power will be locked, this is a generous amount to anyone that isn't spamming as a zone has 150 seconds, so you can use your fourth every 8 seconds or for 2/3 of the zone duration.

If this happens again after the first lock the zones it is locked for doubles, EX: Zone 1 unlocked, used power too much, upset Simaris locked it, Zone 2 locked, Zone 3 unlocked, did it again, Zone 4 and 5 locked, zone 6 unlocked, did it again, zone 7,8,9 and 10 locked, and so on.

This restriction could also be applied to other abilities but being more generous, so 40 times used and 140 seconds time.

This not only will create a better gaming experience but it will also curb Exploits related to powers from being used.

2 minutes ago, tyranno66 said:

Most of us are fine with being testers as long as the game is free. If you aren't then don't play for a week or so after an update. This isn't some triple A studio that is concerned only about cash.

That's what i do i don't play the new content until it's fixed, why? because i already paid more than 60$ around 200$(triple A games and their DLCs) (yes that means i bought  items not paid for the game but that's the business they have) overall since this game was launched before steam, and i am not feeling like doing work for free, i could do that for money at a company not in my free time, on the other side i completely understand they need feed back for the bugs, i love that they listen to their community how much they can (this is why they have all my respect and that's why i am so hard on them with criticism, because they need to constantly evolve to survive)

1 minute ago, g0thv4mp1r3 said:

That's what i do i don't play the new content until it's fixed, why? because i already paid more than 60$ around 200$(triple A games and their DLCs) (yes that means i bought  items not paid for the game but that's the business they have) overall since this game was launched before steam, and i am not feeling like doing work for free, i could do that for money at a company not in my free time, on the other side i completely understand they need feed back for the bugs, i love that they listen to their community how much they can (this is why they have all my respect and that's why i am so hard on them with criticism, because they need to constantly evolve to survive)

K. Don't see what your issue is then. Other than this whole "I tell them they suck because I love them" mentality. Sometimes people want to feel appreciated, not like they have to step on eggshells every time they realease something.