The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

The Lato Vandal Receiver, Lato Vandal Blueprint, and Braton Vandal Blueprint each have a 2.01% drop chance, but I'll use the Braton Vandal Blueprint in my example for the sake of argument, and round the 2.01% to 2.00% for the sake of convenience. It takes 20 minutes to complete Zone 8, and with it Rotation C, and each time you have about a 2% chance to get the Braton V Blueprint.

20 * 50 = 1000 and 1000 / 60 = 16.667, so it hypothetically take you 16 hours and 40 minutes to get one piece, not to mention the other 3. I could do that, but it would take a while, and something in my gut tells me this isn't permanent.

3 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

This can't be considered endgame.

It's exactly the same thing us vets are doing all the time. Cheesing through enemies with incredible high values with abilities that can create even better values. No change or thinking required. We missed top 100 in elite onslaught today by three spots in a squad of three, one of us was a random wukong who was just memeing.

It requires exactly as much tactis or thinking as the main game as your build is set up: none at all.

Regarding the mode itself: unstable, quite numb in terms of depth, rewards are grindy at least. 3% drop chance for a weapon part? Good thing other players are paying for my plat.

Why not simply lock weapons behind a certain wave? Like 25 zones in normal mode equals lato vandal, 25 zones in elite equals braton vandal. To give players an incentive to actually play your gamemode and make those weapons feel like an achievement.

Let me get this straight, you hate the fact people are cheesing the content, so you want to lock stuff behind level 25 which isnt super easy to get to which will then force people to cheese it even more to get there..

Ship it!

I keep coming back after each hotfix because I'd like to get Khora. After a few missions I quit again because Onslaught is still so buggy that even if I got something worthwhile there's a good chance I wouldn't keep it.

It's kind've disheartening because the game mode isn't even fun. There's no skill involved in bringing mass kill frames to get rid of enemies as fast as possible.

So, today playing the Sanctuary Onslaught, in both modes, Normal and Elite if during the teleporting you entered or exited Operator (or were killed as an Operator for example) you get stuck in the "pixelated" filter that happens when you teleport and you can't do a single thing.

If you Alt + F4 the game, you can rejoin the squad you started with but as long as you are in the mission next portal won't spawn.

Edit : Seems I've mistaken the feedback category with Bug, if somone could remove the thread or move it, I would be grateful.

Edited by Matir21

I have a lower end laptop

-Intel Quad Core 2.8mhz

-6gb ram

-Inrel 512mb graphics

Mass killing enemies in multiplayer (Warframe abilities or Sydicate procs from weapons) seems to kill my FPS  or lock up my game..

Dunno.. Could be networking also? It's a wifi only capable laptop. But my router is setup for just my computer..

I host the multiplayer game too.. So does multiplayer enemy spawn dictate off host networking/processing power?

Seems there would be less crashes if all multiplayer systems were analyzed then applied a spawn rate for systems to handle

Onslaught is currently having issues in general, but with those specs it's likely you might have some more issues than normal.

Problem with lowering spawn rate, is that you're not gonna be able to make very far, and will be at a disadvantage since you won't have enough enemies to kill to keep the efficiency up.

I said this before and i will say it again, i am tired of host leaving and it causing you to leave the game without any rewards. i finally got the new warframe Blueprint after many tries and then the hosts decides to leave right at the end of rotation C. DE fix this. This should be the number 1 problem you should be fixing. And i know im not the only one saying this because i seen other people comment about this exact subject.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

How would the game know the host was about to drop connection?

the game wouldn't. but they can put few temporary variable like "expWarframe", "expPrimaryWeapon","expSecondaryWeapon", "rewardGet" etc etc, in each client not only host.
so when the connection drop. each client compare the variable. if host not exist, use client temporary variable.

14 minutes ago, kikuapple said:

the game wouldn't. but they can put few temporary variable like "expWarframe", "expPrimaryWeapon","expSecondaryWeapon", "rewardGet" etc etc, in each client not only host.
so when the connection drop. each client compare the variable. if host not exist, use client temporary variable.

This is the worst possible thing that could happen. You do not do this in an online game.

32 minutes ago, Mr_Folf said:

Onslaught is currently having issues in general, but with those specs it's likely you might have some more issues than normal.

Problem with lowering spawn rate, is that you're not gonna be able to make very far, and will be at a disadvantage since you won't have enough enemies to kill to keep the efficiency up.

I mean anyone who connects to a mission thier computer specs should be analyzed by matchmaking.. Then mission spawn rate should be calculated for the average of what the PCs can handle..

Then for specific missions like Onslaught, even efficiency should be adjusted for the average of what the PCs can handle.. 

Like having a host that has a high powered computer/network.. And a guest with a low powered computer/network.. Will more than likely have the guest disconnect cause their PC/network can't handle it.. Causing computation lock up

Please D/E, come up with a fix for this, whether it be saving the loot per round to accounts or whatnot,

In the three instances of onslaught that I've run today, 2/3 of the hosts left on rotation C.  The impression I get is that people will just leave on rotation C, and there's no feedback from the game if we've received loot if we hit host migration. It's been happening more than 50% of the time and it's hard to enjoy such a wonderful game mode when I can't tell if I'm gaining any focus or getting any loot.

The gamemode (and Kuva survival) has revitalised my desire to play the game instead of just logging in, setting extractors and logging out. Well done.

Obvious bugs aside I think the intensity is quite spot on in elite mode, made it to zone 18 without a meta tryhard squad and had hectic fun. To me the rewards are fine, though personally I would prefer no captura scenes because I don't use captura.

Okay, thank you for some of the fixes, but honestly, as fun as the game mode is, it seems very badly thought out. This is not even close to endgame. There are no lasting or intriguing rewards. Nobody is playing to have fun, and frankly the Simmaris cooldown things are just lazy. 

What were you aiming for? A game mode of 8 waves, that will be played for 1-2 months until players get the lato and braton vandal and khora? Then what? Some radiant keys that are kind of meh most of the time and you have to go in a different game mode to unlock? Yea that's nice and all but still not worth going above 8 waves. The focus cap makes it so that you can play the mission 4-5 times a day, up to wave 8 of course cuz then everyone just afks and tanks it since "there is no point". 

There are many ways you could fix some of these and I will take the enjoyable time to explain what I believe would be more fun and dynamic (granted, probably no one will read it). 

0) Fix the non-rotating tilesets. Right now, it's just amazingly dull the face the same tileset in the same order with the same enemy type. (I know you guys are on it but I must mention it)

1) Stimuli should be a multiplier to efficiency, and probably hidden to force some teamwork. Right now, up to wave 8 everyone ignores them apart from the first wave as efficiency stays at 100%. 

2) Instead of a radiant key why not drop a random prime part from the drop table of that radiant key? It's not a very good way to farm something you actively want but it cuts out a boring middle man. 

3) Reduce the A rotations after wave 8. You want people to try to stay in as much as possible? Make it so that after wave 8 you only have A B C rotation (instead of AABC), then drop a further A form the next rotation so you just have BC. 

4) The focus multiplier is a nice touch, but once again with the cap in place, you can play about 4-5 mission and you are capped. So, no incentive to keep playing. 

5) The Simmaris Block was fun at first, but come on, does simmaris really hate Atlas making FOUR walls in a row? For Mesa it's useless as she doesn't spam it and it's one of the best ults in game to use, and even if she does it doesn't disable her ult she can stay in it for as long as she needs. Saryn the most used one so far just never touches ult. So, what's the point? 

6) You could literally make a prize in the drop table be 5-10p. And that would really get players playing. Heck, even 1 plat but the amount increases for each completed wave with the drop chance staying the same. It would really get players striving to reach high ends, but i do feel that it would be very difficult to balance properly. 

7) You should really be able to leave when you want to without disrupting the other players. This would allow people to keep going should one of the guys have to leave, or get bored or literally just finish his focus farm cap. 

8) There should be a stimuli counter to know how many there are and how many there are left. 

These are some of the things that keep popping up in a glaring way whenever I play the game mode. And as it stands, I have yet to use any of the radiant keys, and gained approximately 15-20 of them. I hope you guys make the right calls, cuz it's obvious a lot of though was put into making the mode fit nicely, which it does, and it would be a shame to have this work go to waste. I was wanting for a long time a place to test my optimised gear and even some more crazy builds against extremely high level enemies without having to spend up to an hour or more. All in all, thank you for trying and I hope the debugging runs smoothly and quickly. Good luck!

I have a potato pc, and before the update i was able to farm khorra pausing the game during the transition, but now i keep losing efficiency after the hotfix (22.18.4). 

right now I can't farm khorra (I can't reach rotation c). is my first time in this game where having a potato pc is blocking content to me.

the efficiency should stop when the timer hit 0, and the rest enemies should die or not give more efficiency.

pd:(get rid of earth tilesets in the sanctuary).

atte. potato user

Edited by nnexenn

In addition to all the bugs that need fixing, this mode desperately needs a better exit mechanic if you want to leave. Even if you plan at leaving on a specific zone, you still end up having to stand around just waiting on efficiency. You can do so early so the timer happens to run out shortly after finishing the last zone you care about, but even then you spend a lot of time just standing there, waiting for it to tick down. That's not great gameplay, even if you plan ahead.

My suggestion would just change the abort mission feature to exit a mission without removing rewards (which is how it should work in PoE as well) and let you end the mission at any point, saving all rewards you had up to that point. If you're in a group it should pull up a vote screen. If everyone votes to leave, end the mission, hand out rewards. If someone wants to stay and they aren't host, then do a host migration (obviously that needs fixing so it doesn't fail). 

It's trivial to stand around in operator mode and wait out efficiency without dying if you want to leave. There's no meaningful reason to make you wait on this pointless timer to leave if you want to leave. It just wastes people's time. 

We all know at this point there is a lot of bugs with this game mode but I'm not surprised, they'll take time to be ironed out and hopefully fixed which I do thank DE for doing for us. It's honestly better to play Solo currently for myself due to all the bugs as of this post.

My biggest problem with the event is not even the moed itself and it's bugs, it's The Elite Onslaught's reward tables. Why is Endo even on the list on Rotation C of all things? I mean Endo honestly doesn't deserve to be at all on the Elite drop table at such a level. I'm normally fine with Endo in silly places but this is going a bit too far. Now how can this be changed? Remove it from the table, or change it to perhaps something more valuable, even if it's Kuva it's still better than Endo in the long run. I personally would want the Kuva to be 200 on Rotation A, 400 or so on B and 800 on C. Because honestly 750 endo isn't that great for what you're doing and getting up to rotation C after maybe a struggle only for it to be Endo is a kick to the jaw. 

Otherwise I'm okay with how things are now, maybe as well what could be added is a faster way to end the run so you don't have to wait around as much but that's more trival to myself but maybe to other players who need a specific item from Rotation A or B. 

You cannot change the spawn rates or efficiency rates for certain people just because their computers can't handle it. It would create an unfair advantage for them, and would be easier to get as far if not further than others. 

Sorry bud, but fact is if you can't run it, you can't run it. Either upgrade your pc, or get a console are your options. Or you could just stick it out as is.

I've lost sooo many items now to host migrations. I'm honestly tired of this. Just lost the Lato Bp and Khora Bp because of a host migration. DE PLEASE fix this, it's getting ridiculous, especially with the horrific drop chances of Khora and Braton/Lato Vandal. This is getting painful for the community as a whole. Out of all the bugs this gamemode has to it, fix this one especially. 

So not sure if this bug has been noted already so apologies if its a repeat post.

Was playing onslaught room 1, 15 seconds in the host disconnects.. We go into host migration.
During this time on the loading screen i could hear my Rhino getting slapped around by the infested. when the migration ends, my Rhino is dead and the revive counter also not available.. 

I find myself in operator mode unable to do anything and then he dies.. 

Now I become this invisible camera that can do nothing except roll and watch my teammates do work.. all buttons non responsive and i cant even esc and leave mission.. 

Had to hard shutdown the game..

Keep an eye on the hotfixes for Onslaught. They are aware of the issues plaguing the game mode. 

Also, while I'm not sure if this will help or not, you can change your match making ping as well in the options area. again, I know the game mode is bugging so not sure if this will help or not, but it -might- be a small improvement. 

Hope things go better for you, Tenno!

24 minutes ago, Mr_Folf said:

You cannot change the spawn rates or efficiency rates for certain people just because their computers can't handle it. It would create an unfair advantage for them, and would be easier to get as far if not further than others. 

Sorry bud, but fact is if you can't run it, you can't run it. Either upgrade your pc, or get a console are your options. Or you could just stick it out as is.

Probably so.. But i see a lot of complaints about how Onslaught needs to be fixed..

Other than Host Migration, a poor PC is probably the case for most players not being able to play Onslaught due to crashing..