Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Warframe can't have a true endgame (CHANGE MY MIND)

mosaickle

The cycle is very much true. DE has in-fact given us end-game content many times over but we've either become stronger than it or found methods to cheese it.

It isn't even entirely DE's fault. When the game was younger players wanted bigger and better weapons and abilities and the mod system was very 2-dimensional, it was more expected that the old end-game would be phased out eventually.

Also every time DE has tried to "balance" the game (which is necessary to have a "proper" long lasting end-game) the community pulls out their pitchforks over it.

There is also no real consensus as to what the community even wants as there are always conflicting requests throws around.

Demand end-game but refuse all weapon balancing.

Demand armor scaling rework (making high-level enemies easier) but also want higher level enemies and end-game.

Demand less farm/grind then complain there isn't anything else to do.

Players want a proper and functional end-game? Go see how the gun-play is in Conclave and imagine that translated to PvE, the community would absolutely lose their sh*t over it.

Forgot to mention, the community has also requested more mechanics related to killing enemies than have them be bullet sponges, yet the enemies that meet that criteria right now are repeatedly complained about (Nullifies, Nox, Scrambus/Comba).

Edited by trst

19 minutes ago, trst said:

Forgot to mention, the community has also requested more mechanics related to killing enemies than have them be bullet sponges, yet the enemies that meet that criteria right now are repeatedly complained about (Nullifies, Nox, Scrambus/Comba).

Those enemies can just f**k off!!... I'm kidding lol...

I'm just don't get why enemies can 'Disable' our Warframe ability... But not gun... Is there a lore somewhere?? I wanna know. But the enemy jamming us to not use ability is one thing. But enemies that can Disable an already activated ability?? No, god NO!! It was like you fire a misslie then you got jam so you cannot fire a second one. But the one you have already fired flying back to your silo (lol). It was like you light a fire with a matches. Then somebody take your matches your fire just gone... yeah, it was like that. It's Warframe you know!! no other faction can replicate the Warframe even they have the Blueprints. IT'S WARFRAMES!! how can they disable that easily...

PS. I'm not fully know the lore of the game but the gimmick should also stay with the lore. Not like using missile weapon in Roman Age right...

I'm a little confused as to why people use "lack of endgame" when critiquing a game, like it is something a game -must- have. 

Isn't endgame the "what do I do next, when everything is completed" state of a game? I don't think you can demand content specifically designed to keep you playing after you've completed all the content. That, too, will grow stale in time. 

Once you hit a point where you are no longer interested in playing, you've hit endgame. At that point, it falls on you to either make a reason to continue playing for yourself, or leave. There are lots of other games out there, Chances are slim that people would be happy with the form a solution to "lack of endgame" on most games would take. 

For those of you that played Nier, endgame is:

• Leave knowing you completed the game.
  • Help someone else complete the game.

I don't think there's any content that can motivate anyone that has completed the game to continue playing short of e-sports and punishing the player for not logging in. And both of those aren't for everyone. 

Edited by C_MAJOR
grammar redundancy

Forgive me for asking, but, folks, I've gotta ask, what IS this "Change My Mind" thing from? It HAS to be a reference to something, I know, but, what?

Endgamewise? I'm not sufficiently qualified to evaluate anything, I'm along for the story. End Game, for me, is when Digital finally stamps the "Done" label on Warframe and creates something at the conclusion that is appetizing for those folks who want to "take it to the next level. Perhaps a rotateing modifier sortie-style version of Simaris' realm, with additional modifiers tacked on every 5 waves and resetting at the 3 maximum, something that could be eternally (or as close as one can get) fun, as well as co-oppetative (fight togethor, face each other.)

That could be Warframe's Swansong before it goes into eternal maintainence mode as Digital moves on to it's next Independent Property/ Collapses/ Becomes a metal band under Steve's leadership.

1. Please let's stop using "change my mind". It's purely pointless because the word "discussion" already implies the very thing and it is very cringy.

2. The definition of endgame is unclear and subjective. Some people think there's already endgame in Warframe. Some people think it's the Sortie. Some people think it's the Conclave. Some people think it's the Riven and the Kuva farming. Some people think it's the new Beast of Sanctuary. Some people think they are not. I don't think anyone's right or wrong, because there's no such thing as definitive "endgame". My personal definition of endgame? Something that makes you keep coming back to the game after you are somewhat confidently "done" with most of its contents (So yes. Although it is a joke, fashion framing CAN be the endgame).

3. The cycle described is true for every single online games that constantly get updated. The "endgame" for WoW a few years ago? Not anymore. The "level 80 endgame boss" in some random game? Not anymore once your level cap increases by 100 along with the new gearset.

2 hours ago, NocheLuz said:

Those enemies can just f**k off!!... I'm kidding lol...

I'm just don't get why enemies can 'Disable' our Warframe ability... But not gun... Is there a lore somewhere?? I wanna know. But the enemy jamming us to not use ability is one thing. But enemies that can Disable an already activated ability?? No, god NO!! It was like you fire a misslie then you got jam so you cannot fire a second one. But the one you have already fired flying back to your silo (lol). It was like you light a fire with a matches. Then somebody take your matches your fire just gone... yeah, it was like that. It's Warframe you know!! no other faction can replicate the Warframe even they have the Blueprints. IT'S WARFRAMES!! how can they disable that easily...

PS. I'm not fully know the lore of the game but the gimmick should also stay with the lore. Not like using missile weapon in Roman Age right...

I'm not the biggest lore buff but if I'm not mistaken the Corpus have a lot of ties to the Orokin (even existed at the same time as them) and a lot of Corpus technology is salvaged/re-purposed Orokin tech. I mean Alad V even cobbles his Zanuka together from butchered Warframes so it isn't much of a stretch that such tech made it's way into other Corpus proxies.

Also as far as game design goes the existence of the nullifying units gave them a leg to stand on. Grineer have armor, Infested have aura buffs and toxic damage, and Corpus have ability nullification.

5 hours ago, trst said:

Also as far as game design goes the existence of the nullifying units gave them a leg to stand on. Grineer have armor, Infested have aura buffs and toxic damage, and Corpus have ability nullification.

Talking about Armor, this game armor is werid too. It's was like... your skin can stop bullets. No bullets can penetrate your skin. But then you wearing cloth, suddenly you're weak to bullets. You can be killed as long as your wearing the cloth. But if you were strip of the cloth/Armor... you're immune to bullets again... weird right?? But if armor is acting like 'Armor' that is reducing damage as long as you have Armor, and lose the effect when you got strip. Not just one of a Health type where it make you weak to some damage type and can be killed easily with that damage type, but then make you stronger to that damage type when get strip.

Shiled also weird... It can stop any bullets from hitting Health point but suddenly 'Slash'!! You lose your health overtime even though bombs cannot even scratch your skin as long as the shiled is up... Toxin damage is one thing, but after you have combine it with other elemental damage... It lose the effect of bypassing the shield... What if I want Toxin and Fire Elemental at the same time but not want to combine them?? There should me more option in modding the gun too...

PS. This is just my opinion of playing this game about 4 years long lol.