Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE please calm down with new content and fix your game instead

Signs

3 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

This lame, worn out excuse argument again? That may have worked 3 years ago, but it's not going to fly today.

i put that there for those who choose not to read but also for my amusement and thought why not im in a gif mood if you want to talk about what i said im game for that too

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Say what you want to say, enough with this fawning bu we wuv you, pwese give us things.

And...we got a condescending strawman attack. *slow clap*

What I'm saying is "DE, I / we like your game but you really need get your act together and stop releasing half-baked crap." but it seems that's a bit too hard for you to understand.

If a lame strawman is the best you got, then you have no argument.

1 hour ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

The dialing it back on new content in favor of polish seems pretty straightforward to me, and the post even goes as far as to call out that this divergence from the standard MO was in consideration of feedback received.

Thanks for saving me the trouble of hunting down that post.

10 hours ago, Exitsignn said:

With the latest addition of Beasts of the Sanctuary came MANY game breaking bugs which there is a megathread for. 

It is clear that many many people are unsatisfied about the update and mad about losing rewards. 

I can't be the only one who thinks DE should make better content instead of more content as well as fix the older content instead. A week late good Beasts of the Sanctuary would've been much better. I know that DE needs a constant stream of content to release but I think many people would be much more satisfied with bug fixes and rebalances.

Here are a plethora of bugs and unbalances I've found throughout my years of playing.

- if you go into operator and your Warframe flies off the map, your operator and Warframe get teleported back to spawn

- one time when doing kela de thaym, after first part where you have to shoot the button to lift up the platform. I just glitched through and couldn't go up into the boss (I was stuck underneath the platform that lifts up)

- Eidolons randomly teleporting even though there are charged lures (this has been mentioned many times)

- during Eidolons hunts my screen freezes sometimes and I either dc completely or I host migrate into my own game on solo for some reason. If I disconnect and reconnect, I lose all rewards before I disconnected

- while doing kuva survival as ivara, I did a finisher which moved me into a set of stairs then I fell through the map but spawned up after the finisher animation (this didn't ruin my game but it's concerning) 

- sometimes after I return to the orbiter, I can't move or anything until I press esc and then back

- sometimes after leaving the arsenal, just the UI disappears but I can't move until I press esc and click navigation. (I assume this is because you are still in the arsenal but the UI is gone)

- just recently (on Saturday April 21) I was in a stalker beacon share. Someone used a beacon, stalker message showed, then, nothing spawned. The player lost his beacon and stalker didn't spawn. I tried using my beacon and it wouldn't work (because one beacon has already been used)

- Still bugs with kuva getting stuck on things and therefore not being able to complete it

Other than that

Raids

Reveal hidden contents

why discontinue raids but keep conclaive? No one plays conclaive, conclaive is unrewarding and raids are extremely fun and end game.

Kuva survival

Reveal hidden contents

Rewards should scale as enemies scale or else there's no point after rotation c.

15 - 80 Endo rewards in high level survival and defense missions

Reveal hidden contents

in missions such as Ani in the void are super unrewarding as 3 common mods equals 15 Endo.

Trash mod rewards in high level survival and defense missions

Reveal hidden contents

Trick mag, vitality, magazine warp in high level missions like Hydron and Akkad seems unrewarding and should be changed.

Peculiar mods

Reveal hidden contents

peculiar mods are just a slap in the face for end game players. It drops from elite and rotation c, at a low rate and offers no stat bonuses

Onslaught

Reveal hidden contents

Onslaught is a great place for focus and as DE stated, the focus will scale up to 16x but the thing is that I cap focus in 10 elite rounds, not being able to take advantage of the multiplier fully.

Lua rescue

Reveal hidden contents

Lua rescue is super dumb in public because everyone is hacking and the portal destination keeps changing.

Titania

Reveal hidden contents

She is still a trash(y) frame that needs some help. I don't really play her often so I don't know what she can do or what to change but she is weak from what I have played of her.

Zephyr

Reveal hidden contents

She still needs some help after her prime just came out. She's like worse than mesa but fast. And does no damage.

Wukong

Reveal hidden contents

A great frame because of one ability and that's not good. Defy is the only reason wukong is good and used even then you can use rhino or inaros for most of the content that you would want to use wukong in and rhino has dmg buff and great cc. Inaros has great cc and team healing

Khora

Reveal hidden contents

Khora is just complete trash at the moment. Her 1 is a worse gara 1 or nidus 1. Her 2 is like a worse volt 1. 

Her 3

Attack - is pretty bad, doesn't do much damage doesn't have a great aoe.

Defense - disarm and knockdowns are inconsistent and venari quite often likes to stand still and afk.

Healing - a trash Oberon 3 or Trinity 4.

Her 4 is a worse vauban 3.

Feel free to leave other bugs and suggestions in the comments and I'll the thread.

This is the first piece of new content this year.

1 hour ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

That's bull.

No matter how you phrase it there's always some knobhead who will say "but you didn't ask nicely enough" or "you asked too nicely," as if they ought to have some say in the matter beyond obvious violations of TOS.

Presenting it as though it has anything to do with argumentation is simply trying to disguise that your commentary here lacks any point at all.

The tone annoyed you. It's within the boundaries of TOS; deal with it.

4 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

And...we got a condescending strawman attack. *slow clap*

What I'm saying is "DE, I / we like your game but you really need get your act together and stop releasing half-baked crap." but it seems that's a bit too hard for you to understand.

If a lame strawman is the best you got, then you have no argument.

If you didn't like the game, you wouldn't be on the forums for it, though there are people here that I would question if they actually do like the game. Skip to the actual content of what you are asking for. Saying you like the game doesn't give your criticism/suggestion more weight.

3 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

A while back Rebecca announced they'd be scaling back on releasing new content. The objective of doing this was to lessen the work load pressure and help ensure that when stuff does get released, it's more or less polished and reasonably bug-free.

I take issue when people don't actually quote what someone from DE says and then editorialize their vague memory of it to suit their ends. This is what you wrote. Where in the linked thread announcing their plans for 2018 did they say content would be reasonably bug-free (whatever that means in software) or more polished? New content wasn't coming out because they focused, as a few people "asked" them to do here and elsewhere, on older content, namely weapons.

@Exitsignn

I've read your first post in this thread and that's it. And here's what I have to say. 

Did you watch the NoClip documentary on DE they did? If you did you'd see that because of DEs past they had to release something quick or they were goners. There is a point where the say "Get it out now. 0.0 is good enough for launch and we'll fix it later." That mentality was the reason warframe exists right now. Yes, I agree that we should get more polished out updates that don't come out as a torrential suffering for you pc master race types. But at least there are updates for this game regularly. 

And the you pull the "fix your game" shtick. You serious? What have almost 90% of updates for the game been since 2018 started? Fixes. Lots of them. You probably don't realize that though because no one seems to read patch notes (I do, because I hate myself and like losing 40% of my day). This update you all just got, that is going to get fixed up sooner rather than later, is the first REAL content update we've gotten this year. A new game mode, new warframe, new mechanics, new zaws, and a ton of bug fixes for things that had existed prior to this release. Oh yeah, every update comes with a list of big fixes too. Once again, you'd know that if you check patch notes.

So yes, a more polished update would be nice. But realize you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't say "Fix the game! No new content!" while also screaming "We need more to do! When's the next actual update?!" 

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

If you didn't like the game, you wouldn't be on the forums for it, though there are people here that I would question if they actually do like the game. Skip to the actual content of what you are asking for. Saying you like the game doesn't give your criticism/suggestion more weight.

Yet it doesn't detract from it either, as you suggested previously. You're just trying to editorialize other people's voices. Again, if it's violating TOS you have a leg to stand on. Otherwise... Not so much.

Simple concision has its merits, but I'm not going to hold my breath for the day you stop conflating it with pretentious snark.

I take issue when people don't actually quote what someone from DE says and then editorialize their vague memory of it to suit their ends. This is what you wrote. Where in the linked thread announcing their plans for 2018 did they say content would be reasonably bug-free (whatever that means in software) or more polished? New content wasn't coming out because they focused, as a few people "asked" them to do here and elsewhere, on older content, namely weapons.

If they had to slow the release of new content to work on polish, then that means they needed more time for testing, bugfixing, etc. Calling it out as in-keeping with community demand would seem to suggest an affirmation of that goal.

I'll grant that it never made mention of adopting prioritization of polish as a thing for the whole of 2018 though.

As it stands, the game didn't stumble into catastrophe for lack of shiny new toys every week.

Consequently, it's a bit disappointing to see them jump straight back into roughspun new content instead of finding a happier middle ground.

Wtf? Calm down? This is the first real content we got this year aside from prime access and bigger teralysts and you tell them to slow down.

I agree that this new update is hell of a buggy mess. But that's not because of getting spammed with content...since there was no content.

It is concerning the fact that people tell DE is fixing the game because Khora and Onslaught are the only new content in months. Hold up, really?

They released the 2 new eidolons and killed trials. The 2 new Eidolons are just repainted, bigger versions of the Teralyst but bigger. Full of bugs and its still a mess. Kuva survival took them months to come out with, is full of bugs and its a failure both as concept and as a game mode. Plague Star's boss is just a smaller version of Lephantis.

The only REAL fixing they did was the weapons rework and a rework in a bunch of Warframes. That's basically it. They should have done this years ago but nope, we got this while waiting for a normal warframe.

Khora was supposed to come out late December/January. The Sacrifice was announced to be released in December/January as well. They released this new game mode which is basically a weird cousin of a survival mission full of bugs and nigh unplayable and released Khora 4 months DElayed without even giving her a proper quest. NOT EVEN A SMALL QUEST WE GOT. And you guys think this is fine? No, it really isn't. There is something really messed up going on at DE. From everything they teased up in devstreams and other media so far this year, we only got to see kuva survival and the tridolon thing, the first being just bad and the latter being lazy as hell and still needing a lot of fixes.

We still didn't get new UI, Pets 2.0, MOA Pet, Sacrifice, Quest for Khora or 99% of the stuff they showed us so far and I just wonder what the heck are they working so much on to compromise their regular schedule like that.

Anyone who thinks DE is being trash needs a wake-up call to how a game like Warframe keeps afloat. Go watch the No Clip 2 part doco on Warframe, and the extended interviews and then tell me they are being lazy. Watch the goddam streams once and a while. Half the goddam post on this forum would not be needed if people watched them, or even any of the Stream Highlight vids that come out after.

@OP You seem to be a little confused. Any "game" using the F2P business model is not a game, it is a money transmission device.

The "game" is simply there to facilitate the movement of money from your account into the accounts of those who run the business.

There are only two principles.

1. Minimum viable product

2. Maximum return on investment