Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we report hosts who abandon Onslaught parties at Zone 8?

RS219

After having this happen to me several times in a row, and proving the hotfixes' claims of fixing disconnect/host transfer loss of rewards wrong, I'm really angry right now.

20 minute sessions down the gutter because someone didn't like what the rotation rewards were. No credits, no exp, no focus, no resources, no nothing at all, being stuck in loading screen limbo and being forced to alt-f4 to be able to restart the game. This might as well be a new form of griefing/trolling.

1 minute ago, Fishyflakes said:

Just wait for the mode to get more fixes jeez.

Come on... the recent patch notes seems to suggest that the problem's been fixed.

5 minutes ago, kgabor said:

There is no point in staying any longer than that, 8 zones is a full rotation and from that point only enemy levels scale.

It's best to assume the host will not enter the gate at 8.

The host should still be obligated to hold the party and let efficiency taper down to 0%, instead of selfishly bailing and dooming everyone else to a lobotomized loading screen and losing all rewards.

4 minutes ago, RS219 said:

The host should still be obligated to...

No, he shouldn't. DE should fix the host migrations. People who want to go over wave 8 should look for a group in recruit chat if they want to be safe.

Public game is open for anyone to play how they want. Imagine you as a host, wanting to leave and getting stuck because one or two players want to keep going? No thanks, we already have survivor with this terrible "wait for the rest of the squad to extract" thing.

16 minutes ago, RS219 said:

Come on... the recent patch notes seems to suggest that the problem's been fixed.

You should've gone further and noted just how many hotfixes there have been the past few work days.
Of course we're not out of the woodworks yet.

Give this mode a rest until they got it down.
No need to take out your frustrations on the players and support team.

3 minutes ago, Emulad0or said:

No, he shouldn't. DE should fix the host migrations. People who want to go over wave 8 should look for a group in recruit chat if they want to be safe.

Public game is open for anyone to play how they want. Imagine you as a host, wanting to leave and getting stuck because one or two players want to keep going? No thanks, we already have survivor with this terrible "wait for the rest of the squad to extract" thing.

Are you saying you're perfectly fine with losing 10 minutes' worth of radiant relics, focus, exp and vandal parts because the host of your elite onslaught didn't get a particular vandal part he wanted and decides to "restart faster"?

Granted I know what you mean about wanting to leave at whatever time you want as host or client, but while this game is still badly bugged up where client/host transfer occurs the host should still be obligated to last to wave 8 (8 now, I think), then sit in a corner and just do nothing; past zone 8 it's alot harder to keep efficiency up anyway when more than 1 guy slacks off unless the rest of the team are nukers.

You know the problem and still blindly repeating the same mistake? Meh.

Until the problem is really fixed: watch for your host behavior on z8. Enter the portal only after he does that. He stays - you stay and extract with him. I could understand the anger if hosts were leaving at z7 for example, but z8 is C rotation, you got the rarest reward, breathe easy, leave and do the mission again. Such a simple plan should have appeared in your head after first occasion.

2 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

You should've gone further and noted just how many hotfixes there have been the past few work days.
Of course we're not out of the woodworks yet.

Give this mode a rest until they got it down.
No need to take out your frustrations on the players and support team.

Yes... you're right. Once all the nails are hammered in and all the bugs are ironed out Onslaught will be a really great mode for exp and focus farming. At the moment though, it just feels more like an all-or-nothing gambling stakes, at the mercy of the host's temperament.

4 minutes ago, soparlaa1 said:

Got Lato Vandal blueprint at stage 6,host left at 8.game bugged and i lost the blueprint and the rad relics that i got,so in other words i played for nothing :awkward:

Wow, sorry to hear of your loss.

1 minute ago, Zanoza-chan said:

Until the problem is really fixed: watch for your host behavior on z8. Enter the portal only after he does that. He stays - you stay and extract with him. I could understand the anger if hosts were leaving at z7 for example, but z8 is C rotation, you got the rarest reward, breathe easy, leave and do the mission again. Such a simple plan should have appeared in your head after first occasion.

Nope, he quit without entering the portal. None of us made it to Zone 9.

3 minutes ago, RS219 said:

Are you saying you're perfectly fine with losing 10 minutes' worth of radiant relics, focus, exp and vandal parts because the host of your elite onslaught didn't get a particular vandal part he wanted and decides to "restart faster"?

Granted I know what you mean about wanting to leave at whatever time you want as host or client, but while this game is still badly bugged up where client/host transfer occurs the host should still be obligated to last to wave 8 (8 now, I think), then sit in a corner and just do nothing; past zone 8 it's alot harder to keep efficiency up anyway when more than 1 guy slacks off unless the rest of the team are nukers.

DE is a fault for not fixing host migrations, not the host for leaving. You joined a public game, you risk getting every kind of people in there. If you don't like the risk, create a group in the recruit chat

3 минуты назад, RS219 сказал:

Nope, he quit without entering the portal. None of us made it to Zone 9.

I'll try to explain it as clear as I can. That knowledge costed me many.

There are two ways to extract from onslaught: (1) enter the portal and wait till your efficiency runs out, (2) don't enter the portal and get extracted after 30sec.

Most likely your host decided to do the second way cuz it's faster. For all of you it looks like he quitted, but that's not true. Not entering the portal is like pressing "extract" in defense mission while everyone else pressed "stay". So, again, don't jump into portal, stay away from its marker once it appears, watch for your host behavior.

3 minutes ago, Emulad0or said:

DE is a fault for not fixing host migrations, not the host for leaving. You joined a public game, you risk getting every kind of people in there. If you don't like the risk, create a group in the recruit chat

I meant 20 minutes, by the way, not 10.

The onus is on DE to fix migrations, but while they're hard at work at that hosts still need to have a little obligation to keep in mind their fellow party members, and not rob them of their 20 minutes of investment and concentration.

1 minute ago, Zanoza-chan said:

There are two ways to extract from onslaught: (1) enter the portal and wait till your efficiency runs out, (2) don't enter the portal and get extracted after 30sec.

Most likely your host decided to do the second way cuz it's faster. For all of you it looks like he quitted, but that's not true. Not entering the portal is like pressing "extract" in defense mission while everyone else pressed "stay". So, again, don't jump into portal, stay away from its marker once it appears, watch for your host behavior.

Noooo nononono. I know of the two ways to extract. What happened was right as the reward came up, within the next 5 seconds the host just up and quit. Like I said, none of us made it to the next zone, which means it was definitely well within the 30 seconds to stay behind that he just upped and left. So either he had a legit connection issue that booted us all out, or he hit esc->leave mission. Given that no vandal part or peculiar mod dropped, suspicion falls to the latter.

Edited by RS219

10 minutes ago, RS219 said:

The onus is on DE to fix migrations, but while they're hard at work at that hosts still need to have a little obligation to keep in mind their fellow party members, and not rob them of their 20 minutes of investment and concentration.

Of course not! It would be good manners to say he is leaving, but he should not be forced to stay because the others want to stay. For the 3rd time, if you don't like this, feel free to create a squad in the recruit chat and avoid the risk of getting a random host who may or may not leave when you want him to

22 hours ago, Zanoza-chan said:

The first sentence and the last sentence are straight out assuming the OP is a simpleton, and is not only rude but borders on Griefing/Trolling.

22 hours ago, Zanoza-chan said:

Again you lead off your post with assumptions. As far as watching for host behavior, there is no real way to tell which player is host...other than yourself...and even if there was, you are assuming these disconnects are always before the next zone.

22 hours ago, RS219 said:

After having this happen to me several times in a row, and proving the hotfixes' claims of fixing disconnect/host transfer loss of rewards wrong, I'm really angry right now.

20 minute sessions down the gutter because someone didn't like what the rotation rewards were. No credits, no exp, no focus, no resources, no nothing at all, being stuck in loading screen limbo and being forced to alt-f4 to be able to restart the game. This might as well be a new form of griefing/trolling.

While @Emulad0or has somewhat of a point about how 'most' people are in Public, they could have said it in a less demeaning way.

Unfortunately, like I stated above, there is no real way to tell who is or isn't host other than if YOU are or not. The network info is great at times, but it only shows if you are not hosting: Ping, and if you are host: Ram.

Now as far as 'Public' goes for matchmaking, (I'm only speculating) DE probably doesn't have a specific 'Report' option unless you go into Communication>Friends>Last Played...and even then without knowing which one it was you could end up reporting the wrong player.

Now before I end up on a rant of my own, @RS219 just take what little comfort that is, that you are not the only one. On multiple occasions, I have lost a full run of loot because the host ended up leaving in the middle of a zone and have faced the infinite loading screen quite a few times.

Personally I'm just going to wait a few weeks until it's finally fixed, or if not, trade some of my vaulted relics for the parts.

Edited by NazT_DragN

11 часов назад, NazT_DragN сказал:

there is no real way to tell which player is host

Look brothers! Newbie!

You can know who's host by looking at the players list in your mission. There are two ways to enable the players list:
1. Enter the mission and press Z (default keybinding).
2. Go to game Options menu and look for "Enable players list" line somewhere in interface tab. That will set players list to be shown all the time.
There you go! Now you can see other players nicknames, health/shields bars and manapools. And, most importantly, you can see the peculiar numbers from 1 to 4 near their nicknames. Those numbers are indicating the order of joining the party. Number 1 is obviously the host, and number 4 is the last joined.

To watch for your host behavior you need to look at players list, spot the guy with number 1 and then track him. It's better to also enable nicknames (so they will appear over other players heads in mission) to ease the tracking.

Hope I appeared helpful.

On 25/04/2018 at 6:07 AM, Emulad0or said:

this guy gets it

On 24/04/2018 at 8:57 PM, RS219 said:

Host migration has not been fixed, if anything it's actually worse now as you seem to go into an infinite loop, where as before you just ran out of time and ended up on the reward screen.  Had it happen to me after the latest patch plus I haven't seen anything about actually fixing the migration issues in patch notes, just 'getting the rewards' (well if you manage to make it to the reward screen).

Personally even if I didn't need to go to round 8 (I do due to useless khora drops) and I was host I would do at the moment because of the host migration bug and I would also tell them that I was leaving at round 8.  Mind you I've had people continue even after I've said it so it can't all be blamed on the host.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-04-26 at 2:26 AM, Zanoza-chan said:

Look brothers! Newbie!

You can know who's host by looking at the players list in your mission. There are two ways to enable the players list:
1. Enter the mission and press Z (default keybinding).
2. Go to game Options menu and look for "Enable players list" line somewhere in interface tab. That will set players list to be shown all the time.
There you go! Now you can see other players nicknames, health/shields bars and manapools. And, most importantly, you can see the peculiar numbers from 1 to 4 near their nicknames. Those numbers are indicating the order of joining the party. Number 1 is obviously the host, and number 4 is the last joined.

To watch for your host behavior you need to look at players list, spot the guy with number 1 and then track him. It's better to also enable nicknames (so they will appear over other players heads in mission) to ease the tracking.

Hope I appeared helpful.

Not always the case.

There's been quite a few times where I was host and showed up in list as number 3... Pls make sure it's a solid fact With no exceptions before ranking on ppl and calling them noobs.

Just because you have so many posts on forums, doesn't mean you can be a #$&(% about things.

3 hours ago, NazT_DragN said:

Not always the case.

There's been quite a few times where I was host and showed up in list as number 3... 

That happens when a host migration occurs when the mission begins to load. Even though you invited the other players and started the countdown, you should be the host but if matchmaking decides based on latency or whatever that another player is better suited as a host, it will do so. This happens seldom from my experience, but it happens enough times to not forget about it.

After the mission start countdown reaches zero but just before our landing craft loading screen appears, you may see the message "host migration" for a short moment, this means another player has become the host. If it happens, it happens.  No 100% way to prevent matchmaking from doing this.

Whoever has the 1️⃣ under their name is the host, always.