Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lack of Options as a New Player and Why it's made me Consider Quitting

Hell_Raven

A friend recommended I share my thoughts on this here, in the hopes the message it sends helps in some fashion.
Just to start, I had played Warframe for an incredibly brief period of time years ago, (So long ago I had forgotten I ever had) but only truly started playing recently. Which is why my account is so old despite calling myself a new player.

Why I started playing, and why I've felt let down:

I began playing this game in earnest after having the chance to see my friend play through a mission recently. He himself is significantly more invested in the game, so he had a large variety of frames, weapons and mods at his disposal. As I have always enjoyed Warframe's visual design even when I was only vaguely aware of the game, he was more than happy to go through the frames and explain many of them to me. Hearing about their varied abilities, play styles and powers finally caught my interest. I decided to (re)download the game and give it a proper go.

At it's core, what got me hooked with the game at the start was just the variety on offer. Tons of Frames, as well as weapons, companions, and since we're talking variety, all the cosmetics and customization too. Both of the gear and things like decorating your ship. Of course I knew I wouldn't acquire any of it quickly, but I found the tutorial missions and first few planets rather enjoyable to run through with Excalibur. Even now I still find the running, jumping, shooting and slashing to be great fun.

When it came to the initial grind, the foundry crafting, void relics, Endo, Focus and similar things. I found myself enjoying the idea of have to slowly gather all these different pieces over time for new toys. That stuff is fine, it's a Free to Play game and that's to be expected. Even if the emphasis is on slow in a few cases. (Focus, etc.) The grind at the time was through just continuing to play each mission. Which meant more fun time spent running around and murdering Grineer.

However, now that I've played more of the game, leveled a second frame, and have a better understanding of its mechanics, resources, and mission variety, the eagerness to level new gear has been fading. I was even considering buying some platinum to get some more slots in a desire to get my hands on every frame and weapon I could, which again was why I started playing. I think I can explain the reasons why this faded so quickly.

What's put me off continuing:

I've found myself looking at what goals I can have when it comes to that slow grind. As well as the methods available to me to do it. Unfortunately, the conclusion I've reached seems to oppose that desire for variety and customization. As it looks to me like there are a small handful of truly good endgame builds and Frames, As well as only a small amount of missions that are considered worthwhile to do to acquire resources. Either for those endgame builds, or in order to acquire other things, like leveling stuff for Mastery.

That on it's own would be fine, every game with a grind is like that. The issue stems from the fact that those builds, those missions, are not in the slightest engaging. Efficient? Absolutely, But many of them seem to go deliberately against the action packed gameplay I found in those early missions. In favor of consistent Crowd Control, AOE damage. and massively overpowering the enemy.

In what I have experienced being taken into the current common grinding spots for affinity and credits. It was mostly having 1 player easily able to destroy every enemy in the area, with perhaps another providing buffs or energy. In other missions it was just bullet jumping through a level, ignoring all enemies and item containers around as you rush to the objective, complete it quickly with that same powerful setup, and rush to the end. Leaving you with what you came in for and little more.

As well as that, and most importantly. As a player who has not yet unlocked those powerful builds, who's using weaker weapons and gear and trying to level them up to get new cooler stuff or add more powerful mods. I feel completely and utterly worthless. My most valuable contribution Seeming to be Rhino's Roar damage buff. (Which I'm also aware isn't even that strong with the gear I currently have)

At my rank, with my weapons. A mission is either so easy as to be not in the slightest challenging. Or so overwhelming with enemy numbers and health that it's impossible to solo. When I then try to get a squad together to beat it. I'm inevitably carried through by players with the aforementioned incredibly powerful builds.

In the end, the satisfaction I found in the lower level missions is now gone. The hope of eventually having a large variety of weapons and frames to play with disappearing with it. As well, I can't simply return to those low level missions and play them solo. Because they couldn't possibly feel worth my time anymore. So I can either continue to grind, looking for parties to carry me until I can manage to get my own powerful gear and slowly use that to acquire other, less powerful but perhaps more interesting gear. Maybe in the distant future seeing myself with enough resources built up that I can spare using less optimized gear for fun.

Or I can simply stop and uninstall. Admiring the design and story online while no longer playing it myself.

In Conclusion:

I unfortunately do not know enough about game design, or even about this game itself to offer any advice or suggestions. This is simply an explanation of what I loved about this game, why I found it incredibly disappointing, and how I'm left feeling like I should just quit after what feels like barely having scratched the surface. Even though I started with a willingness to put a lot of time and possibly even money into this. Just because I adore the overall aesthetic.

I hope that it can help offer some insight into one new player mindset. Perhaps it could also help a more experienced player re-evaluate what they truly enjoy about the game. I might try to see if there's anything else I can find that'll keep me hooked. But most likely I'll find myself enjoying Warframe from a distance instead.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)TheRealTommo said:

Is there a TL:DR version and can I add this to my bingo card?

I believe it's something like; Game has no real sense of direction/instruction for new players and they feel like they will never reach the OPness of older players. This leaves them confused and wanting to leave. Which is a true issue, DE does need to make things in this game more apparent and explain things better to new players. Also no, there's no spot for this on the card.

Just now, SergeantSunshine said:

I believe it's something like; Game has no real sense of direction/instruction for new players and they feel like they will never reach the OPness of older players. This leaves them confused and wanting to leave. Which is a true issue, DE does need to make things in this game more apparent and explain things better to new players. Also no, there's no spot for this on the card.

You're close. However it's not about never reaching that OPness. I guess it's a little more "The only goal in sight for a new player outside of basic quests is to grind the most powerful warframes. But I was attracted to the variety and designs to being limited to only a select few warframes and gear kinda sucks. Also you're basically getting carried up until that point and once you're there you're OP so what's the point of trying out other not as good stuff." But that's really summarizing.

But honestly, I'd ask you read the post to fully if you want to understand it. I spent a lot of time on it for a reason. I love this games Aesthetic massively, but the issues I bring up in that post just ruined it for me.

Every person look at a game differently. As for me, I enjoyed clearly all nodes of a planet and excited to hear that drum beating after I beat a junction specter. Then I continue on to start collecting all frames, companions, mods etc, so that kept me going. 

All in all, it sounds like you are giving up because you have met a wall that you are lazy to climb over and you lose interest due to that.

Welcome to the forums.

While I still enjoy the game I agree with the points you raised, especially this one:

17 minutes ago, Hell_Raven said:

At my rank, with my weapons. A mission is either so easy as to be not in the slightest challenging. Or so overwhelming with enemy numbers and health that it's impossible to solo.

Difficulty scaling is flawed and might or might not be addressed in the future, but it is what often pushes players towards overpowered builds. However, it is possible to experiment and find more variety if you don't focus on efficiency. Most missions don't require it unless you do endurance runs.

There is also a problem that Warframe is not really focused on endgame, so when you get all the stuff you don't really have anything to do with it. Even the latest game mode that was added is just more of the same. It's all right, but still. Maybe when Dark Sectors are brought back or the kingpin system is introduced something will change.

The thing is, everyone started that way. Everyone had 1 frame, limited resources, bad weapons, no mods. The desire to skip the grind and have everything seems to be the issue here to be honest. I remember struggling with poor weapons, being carried sometimes just to clear that last horrible node somewhere.

Yes the game does definitely need clearer direction for new players, but they have been working on it. You all nowadays literally have lines to follow, node to node to get somewhere... but most people don't even look at anything before they are asking questions and getting flustered. (The esc button and that crazy ol menu has lots of fun things in it to click)

Just take your time. ENJOY the design, the tilesets, the quests, the missions. You don't "need" everything at once. You grind, just like every other player did until they got what they desired.

46 минут назад, Hell_Raven сказал:

As it looks to me like there are a small handful of truly good endgame builds and Frames,

no

As a player who has not yet unlocked those powerful builds, who's using weaker weapons and gear and trying to level them up to get new cooler stuff or add more powerful mods.

rhino is one the most powerful and versatile frames in the game. hek is one of the most powerful weapons in the game because of scattered justice syndicate mod. orthos prime is cheap and awesome, though outdated, melee

Or I can simply stop and uninstall.

well, it's easier than to do your research and learn the game.

Edited by Sqecmi

There are more ways to play the game.

Going public you'll be thrown into the speed-clear playstyle. Which kinda sucks in 2 ways for a newcomer - making you realize where you're at with your current gear and killing the fun because of no time spent exploring the places. It's good for rolling quick capture fissure missions and interception/defense missions for easy time and better affinity and, of course, vault runs... but overall, that's about what you'd want to go public on (that and the PoE higher tier bounties).

Then you have the solo/friends style. If your friend is not a speed-clear demon, you can take your time to explore, stick around in endless missions to up your chances for new mods for you (not that your friend couldn't shower you with all the missing rares you might be needing right off the bat). I'm rougly 6 months old in Warframe, MR 24, but I'm still playing most of the missions alone or with my lady.

We dislike the cookie cutter builds that you mentioned, but we also dislike the conditions offered by DE in some of the endless missions (like the latest Onslaught). So, yeah, it's quite often that we find ourselves on a treadmill, looking for the most efficient way to reach our goal, simply because the missions design is... thin. Understandable, given the way the whole Solar System's laid out, but not necessarily fun in the long run.

DE is continuously improving the game and, if Lotus may so desire, they might start showing more love to missions architecture, lore and consistency, not just bling-blings. What I wanna say by all this is, 100 days of Warframe is/should be the threshold beyond which the game loses a bit of its charm and 50 days later it'll start showing all it pimples and wounds that didn't heal too well from the years past. It's a bit too early though, for both me and you to see everything in shades of black. Destiny, for example has 5 years of flops and deceit, with very little to no effort put into making anything better. Warframe grew, improved and DE is committed to it.

You aren't wrong in pointing out some of the game's flaws, you're just a bit inpatient and with maybe a bit too high expectations. Play through the story, find some new frames you like, some new weapons, discover the solar system. Rely more on your friend for exploration (if you don't like adventuring on your own) and use the public mode to your benefit (you know, you shouldn't complain about the food they serve in the airplane, you didn't buy a ticket to a restaurant). Cheer up! You find inefficient frames that are fun, sub-par weapons that you can have some fun with and so on. Not everything in a game should be about efficiency and maximizing your profits, otherwise, you might end up not feeling like playing a game, but having a second job.

6 minutes ago, kyori said:

Every person look at a game differently. As for me, I enjoyed clearly all nodes of a planet and excited to hear that drum beating after I beat a junction specter. Then I continue on to start collecting all frames, companions, mods etc, so that kept me going. 

All in all, it sounds like you are giving up because you have met a wall that you are lazy to climb over and you lose interest due to that.

I understand this isn't a problem everyone will have with the game. People play for different reasons and I know mine is only one of many.

However, I can assure you it is not because of simple laziness. As I explain in the post, I in fact enjoyed the grind to a point. What I didn't enjoy was the hyper efficient one seemingly used by the majority of the community. Similarly, I was put off by the difficult balance in missions. And how it felt that in the end, I would be carried through part of the grind. Until I finally get the powerful gear myself, only to then steamroll through the mission in the same way those carrying me do now.

1 minute ago, Genitive said:

While I still enjoy the game I agree with the points you raised, especially this one:

Difficulty scaling is flawed and might or might not be addressed in the future, but it is what often pushes players towards overpowered builds. However, it is possible to experiment and find more variety if you don't focus on efficiency. Most missions don't require it unless you do endurance runs.

There is also a problem that Warframe is not really focused on endgame, so when you get all the stuff you don't really have anything to do with it. Even the latest game mode that was added is just more of the same. It's all right, but still. Maybe when Dark Sectors are brought back or the kingpin system is introduced something will change.

Thank you. And I'm glad to know I'm not alone on the difficulty balance issues.

I did begin to notice the lack of endgame. I hope that when those things are re-added. Perhaps it will be in a manner that allows for more variety and a reason to use the varied Frames in the game. If I do end up quitting, I'll definitely ask my friend to inform me if things change. As I'd be more than happy to jump back in if they did.

6 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

The thing is, everyone started that way. Everyone had 1 frame, limited resources, bad weapons, no mods. The desire to skip the grind and have everything seems to be the issue here to be honest. I remember struggling with poor weapons, being carried sometimes just to clear that last horrible node somewhere.

Yes the game does definitely need clearer direction for new players, but they have been working on it. You all nowadays literally have lines to follow, node to node to get somewhere... but most people don't even look at anything before they are asking questions and getting flustered. (The esc button and that crazy ol menu has lots of fun things in it to click)

Just take your time. ENJOY the design, the tilesets, the quests, the missions. You don't "need" everything at once. You grind, just like every other player did until they got what they desired.

I understand that, and am willing to grind. My point is that the reward for the grind, the end goal. Just seems to be less of what I enjoyed about the game. Less of the variety and wonderful designs that appealed to me to begin with. I've done my research, I've gotten through a lot of the starmap already. But it's just not fun anymore. It's not the flipping and shooting that appealed to me. It's following a player around who's destroying everything with a single ability. While I'm trying to find an enemy that's not dead yet to spend a little time fighting.

3 minutes ago, Himenoinu said:

You aren't wrong in pointing out some of the game's flaws, you're just a bit inpatient and with maybe a bit too high expectations. Play through the story, find some new frames you like, some new weapons, discover the solar system. Rely more on your friend for exploration (if you don't like adventuring on your own) and use the public mode to your benefit (you know, you shouldn't complain about the food they serve in the airplane, you didn't buy a ticket to a restaurant). Cheer up! You find inefficient frames that are fun, sub-par weapons that you can have some fun with and so on. Not everything in a game should be about efficiency and maximizing your profits, otherwise, you might end up not feeling like playing a game, but having a second job.

I agree with your final point more than you could possibly know. And unfortunately I think that's why I'm so put off by this all. I want to explore, to enjoy the grind and not just mindlessly slog through it without thinking about the reasons I'm doing it. But that's just makes me realize more that what I like about the game just isn't what I'll get in the long run. Maybe eventually, but the amount of time needed to reach that point cannot be worth it when there are other games to play. Most of my time I am adventuring solo, exploring planets and playing the game the way I enjoy it. Like you recommend. But in the end, that only means more time spend working toward an endgame that isn't there. So instead, the most likely outcome if i kept playing would be to get through the remaining story quests. And then simply stop until something more relevant to my reasons for playing comes along in a future patch.

1 hour ago, Hell_Raven said:

In the end, the satisfaction I found in the lower level missions is now gone. The hope of eventually having a large variety of weapons and frames to play with disappearing with it. As well, I can't simply return to those low level missions and play them solo. Because they couldn't possibly feel worth my time anymore. So I can either continue to grind, looking for parties to carry me until I can manage to get my own powerful gear and slowly use that to acquire other, less powerful but perhaps more interesting gear. Maybe in the distant future seeing myself with enough resources built up that I can spare using less optimized gear for fun.

Or I can simply stop and uninstall. Admiring the design and story online while no longer playing it myself.

You are speaking about being burnt out. Its happened to me as well. But with onslaught and its new way of farming focus I have new energy and new open world update should help as well.

now that I've played more of the game, leveled a second frame, and have a better understanding of its mechanics, resources, and mission variety, the eagerness to level new gear has been fading.

Your burn out is only after the second frame which may mean the game may just not be for you. Getting primed mods, finishing codex story missions (Getting to Second Dream and War Within), being able to reach the Mastery rank for Sorties, Riven Mods and farming Primed frames and Popular Primed weapons is what got me going before my first burn out. There is a particular technique for farming Prime Frames by recruiting Radiant only groups in chat that a lot of new players dont know about. Look into best ways for accomplishing these mentioned tasks and if you still arent interested then the game is not for you.

Unfortunately, the conclusion I've reached seems to oppose that desire for variety and customization. As it looks to me like there are a small handful of truly good endgame builds

That was the case probably a while ago but I would say at least 80% of frames (Probably more) can be end game with the right combination of weapons, mods, companions, Operator abilites etc. Which is also a fun task to figure out what works.

58 minutes ago, Hell_Raven said:

But in the end, that only means more time spend working toward an endgame that isn't there. So instead, the most likely outcome if i kept playing would be to get through the remaining story quests.

The former is actually a benefit, I think. Guild Wars's "endgame" was non-existent either and once you unlocked all skills and all places, you basically had only fashion to grind for (and titles), in either way you felt like. Endgame gets boring fast and a lot of MMOs are suffering from it, with all other 100001 dungeons before being abandoned or forgotten. Warframe kept its universe fresh with the fissure and invasion missions scattered randomly through it, but it does get stale, especially when there's no challenge going through the content after a while - or no reward, if you actually choose to just go stupid against the game's scaling issues and bunker up in a survival missions for a week or two.

The latter is definitely well worth your time. Story drops may seem few and far between in Warframe, but DE won't disappoint when they offer one (it is my main gripe with Onslaught and Khora they didn't :D).

There's no grind if you don't see it as one, there's no grind if you don't push for too much too fast and there's no one "pushing" you towards plats store just to get the progression going faster. Quite the opposite, I'd say. I did buy plats, I did expand my armory on fast-forward and now... I'm left with more than 3k plats worth of primes that I can't see a reason to sell. Buying plats now is just a supportive gesture towards the devs, nothing else.

So all in all, Warframe still has quite a bit to offer to you. Ignore the missing mods, the high MR requirement for this or that weapon, the meta and the gimmick builds that are (ab)used. 100 days later, DE might actually surprize all at Tennocon with their roadmap and you might just be there, in the front seat with everything ready for the next chapter - or really close to the bus door ;)

58 minutes ago, Hell_Raven said:

But it's just not fun anymore. It's not the flipping and shooting that appealed to me. It's following a player around who's destroying everything with a single ability. While I'm trying to find an enemy that's not dead yet to spend a little time fighting.

Both of them are of use in the long run. The former's for the fun, the latter's when you just want this or that weapon ready in a jiffy to take it to a Sortie or try a new mod, etc. The latter playstyle is the free version of an affinity booster, with the inconvenience of you needing something else to do while half-afk'ing in the game. So I ain't supporting any of them exclusively, I am enjoying the flipping and shooting more and because of that, I tend to avoid the public runs. I'm usually running public when I'm the player you mentioned in the latter sentence.

You can point out a lot of flaws this game still has. This, however, is not one of them. Recruiting, Friends only and Invite mode are all there to give you the means to avoid the RQ/Spores/WoF players in low level maps. Veteran players could explain to you what other flaws the game had that are now ironed out. Digital Extreme are not really acting like other devs who took the easy, EV path to handling their game ;)

Edited by Himenoinu

Boohoo, you don't get what you want fast enough.

You don't have the initiative to watch up on some Warframe Youtubers or read the wiki, tough!

Warframe is not a game that comes to you, you have to come to the game, and that's precisely how I like my relationship with games to go. I've invited a plethora of people to the game and all but one of the eight people I've brought into my fold tell me it's great and they're having fun. And there'll be many more I continue to invite and inspire to play.

Feel free to return to PUPB, Fortnite, Rainbow Six, or wherever you came from ~

Edited by Xaxma

30 minutes ago, Xaxma said:

Boohoo, you don't get what you want fast enough.

Reading diagonally doesn't always help ;) He talks about things dying too fast due to Banshees, Embers, Meme'ers and Saryns. About the grind feeling empty at times, about not really convenient match-making - MR wise. Warframe evolved a lot, but too much time is spent catering to people's demand for new weapons and frames, and too little bringing more life and lore into the Origins System.

Here's the things 5 out of the 8 you invited might've also stayed for:

• MR linked matchmaking, so that MR 25 juggernauts won't steal the fun of those who're still figuring out how bullet jumping works.
  • Enemies scaling in a less frustrating way, so that there's more to the game than just slash damage through-and-through and that all frames and weapons are viable without resorting to metas or hard-to-get mods.
  • More meaning to why we're doing what we're doing. Not all players get their kicks from just bursting pinatas open using a tank for a club. Add more meaning to Syndicates tasks, add more depth to "keep the balance" (especially seeing how, overall, we're the bullies and the thieves in the solar system). Stick to the promise of trying to pack a story in every warframe that sees the light of day.

It's not the grind that makes this game dull, quite the contrary, I'd say. Even with the dim chances for some of the useful items, Warframe's grind is a leisure trip compared to almost any game, from Aion to Destiny 2 and whatnot. It's the lack of purpose to this grind. We're supporting a syndicate or another to no meaningful end, we're "keeping the balance" in the Corpus-Grineer feud (stealing from and killing droves of both) again to no end, they both hate us, they both lay siege to our relays and, in case of them succeeding, there's no follow-up. We're scanning the life out of everything, but there's very little to push the connection further... It's like in the movies in which characters die before they have been properly introduced, before the public got to care.

And by the way things go, we're seeing more of the empty spaces, empty shells of warframes - with no past and no purpose and a lot less of what makes people care for a game world. It is, if you will, what differentiate the ME trilogy from Andromeda. The former had deep, rich content, while the latter had just bling-blings and an oversized hype-train.

2 minutes ago, Himenoinu said:

Reading diagonally doesn't always help ;) He talks about things dying too fast due to Banshees, Embers, Meme'ers and Saryns.

Shut up and enjoy your free affinity/resources. 

When I was that behind in MR way back when, if I wanted to play for fun, I'd run solo or with one other person in my clan. 

But I guess MR based match-making would make these things less apparent, so I'll give you that one.

However, the OP is also complaining about how you can't solo some missions. Like, are you joking? In an online game where there's thousands of people online, you can't go online to get some help? 

People complain when a game does handhold you, and then people complain when they don't handhold you. You just can't bloody win.

1 hour ago, Xaxma said:

Shut up and enjoy your free affinity/resources. 

When I was that behind in MR way back when, if I wanted to play for fun, I'd run solo or with one other person in my clan. 

But I guess MR based match-making would make these things less apparent, so I'll give you that one.

However, the OP is also complaining about how you can't solo some missions. Like, are you joking? In an online game where there's thousands of people online, you can't go online to get some help? 

People complain when a game does handhold you, and then people complain when they don't handhold you. You just can't bloody win.

Trickle down economics isn't fun. Also, the fact that we're picking efficiency over adventure is a sign of saturation. He's kinda right to complain about coming in for the fun and the dance and only getting free booze - no dancing, no fun.

I've failed my first few solo fissure exterminations on Earth, I've failed the Raptor assassination. It was fun, good sign I'm waay away from being good. Failure's a good stepping stone to improvement. I would never complain a game's too difficult (kinda embarrassing doing that), so I guess I kinda blocked it out in my mind. I agree with the last part though. We just have to b*tch about something, either it being too easy or too hard.

The main point of the OP however, I think, is the fact that the whole grind leads to just... nothing, gimmick builds to increase efficiency and profit at the cost of fun and the feeling of adventure. And that point kinda stands. We seem to be given the means and the training grounds to prepare for a war that never comes. The infestation never spreads uncontrolled and even with Salad's involvement it remains just a pest and the sentients have been lost the race. When you meet'em the first time, they're scary and dangerous - from the Stalker to the meanies past the Uranus story. Then... you look back at the mindless giants roaming the Plains and wonder "the f**k we're arming up for?!" It doesn't really matter how long it takes me to finish a bounty or a sortie or any other mission - not when I'm doing it for the 100th time. It starts to matter more why. And if it's the game mechanics that are having me coming back, then certainly "free affinity/resources" has little place in the equation. It could be the feeling of accomplishment, of making a difference in the Origins System, but it ain't, 'cause there's not much focus on that part from neither DE nor the community. Loot is only important if the means of getting it are challenging in some way, shape or form. If you don't have to "work" for them, then the end-mission rewards are irrelevant. They're not rewards, they're freebies and it doesn't trigger any feel-good mechanisms in one's brain :D

I started this game with only 1 goal. Get Chroma. That was 1 1/2 years ago. It was a slow grind that took me thru the whole game. But I enjoyed it. Every progress wall I hit encouraged me to go back thru stuff and improve my gear before trying to continue further. I eventually got chroma (rip that majestic dragon), but I still stuck around. Warframes not a game that you complete over the course of a week then forget about. It’s an investment with a questionable definition of satisfaction, but damn the game is fun. Your issues don’t 100% stem from the game itself. It stems from you as a player.

If you'd like my two cents as a 5yr player, the best way to enjoy this game is to make your own direction. Yes, you have things you can do, and a lot of them, but as some point it is really up to you of where to go. And, really, just do it for the fun of it. Once you just play some missions because why not, you'll notice that the game feels much more fulfilling. I've basically gotten all the benchmarks in this game and achieved OPness, and the one thing that keeps me going is me saying "let's go into a stealth mission as ash and play assassins creed, just because I can". If that is not the way you play, that's fine, but I've found myself playing for five years by motivating myself based on fun factor.

Hi @Hell_Raven, I understand your sentiment. I am a returning player too, returned following the Plains of Eidolon hype. The reason that I quit before is the same, lack of endgame challenge and endgame seemed to be just cheese builds which only focus on grinding for resources efficiently. I have farmed up to semi-endgame gears before quitting, and now I am comfortably at the endgame.

New players are most likely drawn to the impression that Warframe is about a sci-fi fast-paced action shooter, with a variety of warframe abilities to complement the high-speed gunplay. This is true for the most part at the start. However, as they progress, they would catch a glimpse that endgame in Warframe is more like using overpowered builds and abilities to cheese through grinding. These abilities at endgame replaces the need for fast-paced action gunplay, rather than complementing it. There doesn't seem to be challenging fun too, endgame seems to be all about grinding. This would be a huge turn-off for many players, including me.

However, I see some hope from DE and that's why I am still staying for now. It seems that DE is willing to nerf overpowered abilities to introduce challenge into the game, despite outcry in the forums, and they seem to dislike these meta builds and "playstyles" that are unengaging too. Recent nerfs on Ember, Volt's Discharge in terms of CC, Chroma etc. exemplify this. If they are successful in addressing these overpowered meta abilities, we can finally see some resemblance of endgame challenge in Warframe, and fast-paced gunplay would be resurrected. In addition, the recent introduction of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught seems to suggest that they are putting in effort to give us some endgame challenge too, and that is encouraging.

Anyway, thank you very much for posting this feedback. Most players would have just quit without even coming to the forums to post their feedback and reasons for quitting, which is valuable information for DE. If DE wants to retain new players from the influx of PoE update who share this sentiment, some changes need to be done. Also, please just ignore comments on how it's your fault that you don't enjoy the current state of Warframe, there's nothing wrong in a person's personal taste. Saying that it's your fault for not liking what they like is just immature.

Edited by Checht

Personally taking a break from the game, I do that every now and again.
I understand that as it is, Warframe is a fairly incomplete game and there is quite a bit of content and features they need to add/update & fix. 
As the picture becomes more complete we will see an addition of engaging content. They have frequently talked about this.

Just as the increase in number in variety of tile sets added more engaging content so will the progress of adding open world spaces. Its a process of becoming more and more of a complete picture.