The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Onslaught is the worst experience I've had in 5 years of Warframe

Diarist

I found this new game mode toxic...riddled with squad quitters, regularly dying players that need constant reviving... and the worst of them all (since you can make do with the first two, just reducing the number levels) the host resets caused by a player that force aborts the mission sending everyone into the host reset loading screen which has a 50:50 chance of crashing the game or mission, or simply hang at the load screen while warframe sets a host with remaining players ... while this is going on, the efficiency drops, and if still stuck in host reset loading screen if you are lucky you would be sent back to the ship...

secondly you cant loot , but it has the benefit of having high affinity which makes leveling up and forma-ing stuff fast... 

I prefer running through regular missions, relics and the plains of eidolon stuff as well attempting the conclaive stuff., Gave up on the onslaught. Was fun when it was first introduced  ... but it became boring and frustrating.

edit:: i think Onslaught would be decent if ,1) the Drop Table is sorted , and 2) it is an daily event thing like the invasions...

Edited by Cosmic_Elf

On 2018-04-26 at 12:03 PM, Glavenusaur said:

I feel like the only people complaining are the ones who themselves are not good enough, it's a new game mode, there will be issues, get over and move on till it's better optimised, providing constructive criticism is fine, but ranting like this is helping no one.

I know it’s not popular to propose solutions to a rant, but joining a clan of like-minded people who care makes you fairly bullet-proof to these PuG scenarios.

PuG is the Wild West.

You’ve got to know that going in.

The “fix-it-100% DE!” Panacea isn’t realistic from a cost or end-user-performance spec perspective.

DE will always work towards better efficiency, but the architecture isn’t being rebuilt from the ground up.

Too bad you weren’t around for the days of Ultimate Online and Diablo 2 HARDCORE, OP.

Because honestly, this is NOTHING.

Egghhh... I just look out for ESO runs in recruitment, everyone knows the score, we're all going to 8, there is no BS, squad is worked out beforehand...
PUG is PUG, you play in PUG you get the PUG...

kspydfguvd9qzecijaaa.jpg

Edited by Carnage2K4

I've never run into any of these issues despite playing a ton of public runs. Must be RNGesus giving me a high five.

Although I will say that it absolutely would suck losing something I'd been farming hours for, I don't know the feeling of a host migration causing a boot to orbiter. Every time I've had a host migration, it's been successful in properly granting the match a new host, or weirdly enough putting me back in the mission solo somehow.

As for toxic players, RNGesus has blessed me there again, giving me mostly silent pub squads, in which for the most part nobody goes down. The only issue I had once was I was accused of leeching by two of the squad, but I responded immediately that I simply didn't get to anything in time because we had a Saryn and an equinox annihilating the entire map. After pointing out I was trying, and the low tier weaponry I was using, they agreed that my damage numbers were just going to be low due to how high of a clear was in the rest of the squad. 

Now, despite coming from a position where I've had zero experience with what people are complaining about in this gamemode, I have noticed that this is the only mode I have noticed the host migration issue crop up on in the forums. Makes me think that the mode's unique tile jumping nature causes it to be more volatile and vulnerable to bugs. Could be that this is something DE has never done before and therefore don't know what to expect to crop up, or know how to easily deal with it.

When i remember right it was because of Cronus credit farm or because of (forgot the node / was there defense one where you got banshee from) ressource farm when people just destroyed all container and then just left.I think at this time they changed it because of people leaving when they got what they wanted.

Or am i wrong here and remember wrong?

PS : The game got way more toxic.

Edited by K0bra

I run into more technical issues than anything else. Timer hits zero and the portal just... decides not to appear and I'm left stuck on the map.

This super annoying one before the portal opens I get thrust into this sort of endless drop animation loop and in one instance I was able to get myself killed during it to instantly shove me into the next map only to be removed from the match entirely.

I've come across disconnects but not after a good part has dropped so I doubt there was any ill will involved but the mode is so boring that I honestly don't blame them so I can't really get mad over a hos migration.

The drop rates are so low I'm going to just stop because this is the sort of grind that ruins the game for me, especially for a weapon that isn't worth it. (Don't care about the mod, just want to get that mastery out of the way.)