Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lenz Vs Tonkor

AlbatrozSteak

1 minute ago, amose007 said:

care to explain why DE didn't change it's Riven dispo since the nerf?

they don't just change Dispositions on the fly, they monitor a weapon's popularity over the course of months and then change when they see fit.

Tonkor still has quicker follow-up shots: you can get an extra grenade out into groups. you're also not limited to 6 shots between ammo pickups.  both weapons still have merits, personally I prefer the Lenz, but some people may still like the Tonkor instead.

il y a 5 minutes, GinKenshin a dit :

Because there’s more important things than balancing the game, duhh

This

And that

il y a 8 minutes, (PS4)robotwars7 a dit :

they don't just change Dispositions on the fly, they monitor a weapon's popularity over the course of months and then change when they see fit.

If they really cared about balance they wouldn't release a weapon better than tonkor right after nerfing it, just like they wouldn't have released rivens.

The thing is, disposition isn't just "1/5" or "3/5", it can be 1.5/5.

The disposition will change, but slowly.

You just have to wait...

Edited by Trichouette

It's not just about the weapon stats. Disposition also largely takes popularity into consideration. The more popular the weapon the worse it benefits from rivens. For a long time you'd see Tonkor in every mission. It's definitely died down, but you don't see Lenz at an insane frequency either so I'm guessing those influenced DE's decisions based on their data.

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Tonkor still has quicker follow-up shots: you can get an extra grenade out into groups. you're also not limited to 6 shots between ammo pickups.  both weapons still have merits, personally I prefer the Lenz, but some people may still like the Tonkor instead.

I don't think they've ever changed the disposition of any weapon since the initial iterations of disposition adjustments. And they really don't monitor the popularity of the released weapons, basically every new weapon just comes out with a 3/5 and the prime/wraith/vandal/whatever varieties just get the disposition that was already in place. So you get a Tiberon Prime with a 5/5. I'm guessing they don't really have much time to really adjust the dispositions regularly so they just leave it as it has been going.

Cynical part of me also says that giving new weapons a standard 3/5 means that people will always want to buy rivens for the new toys and in the off chance that a high disposition weapon gets a variant made, there is a chance that the riven price will go up and these things will, to some extend, drive plat sales; but it's probably more likely that they just don't feel like they have the time to manage a serious, well thought out disposition overhaul every so often.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

It's not just about the weapon stats. Disposition also largely takes popularity into consideration. The more popular the weapon the worse it benefits from rivens. For a long time you'd see Tonkor in every mission. It's definitely died down, but you don't see Lenz at an insane frequency either so I'm guessing those influenced DE's decisions based on their data.

Tonkor's popularity and usage had more to do with the fact that it had almost zero self damage than anything else, as soon as they added self damage the weapon was shelved by most people since there was a high chance to kill yourself with it. Combined with the high damage potential you could just vaporize groups without any real threat of downing yourself. They could probably have give the Tonkor a 5 disposition and people still wouldn't use it as much as they did when it had no self damage.

4 hours ago, wanning said:

I don't think they've ever changed the disposition of any weapon since the initial iterations of disposition adjustments. And they really don't monitor the popularity of the released weapons, basically every new weapon just comes out with a 3/5 and the prime/wraith/vandal/whatever varieties just get the disposition that was already in place. So you get a Tiberon Prime with a 5/5. I'm guessing they don't really have much time to really adjust the dispositions regularly so they just leave it as it has been going.

Cynical part of me also says that giving new weapons a standard 3/5 means that people will always want to buy rivens for the new toys and in the off chance that a high disposition weapon gets a variant made, there is a chance that the riven price will go up and these things will, to some extend, drive plat sales; but it's probably more likely that they just don't feel like they have the time to manage a serious, well thought out disposition overhaul every so often.

Aklex says hi!

8 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

Because Riven dispositions get changed... at some point when DE changes them.

The better question to ask is "When will DE update Riven Dispositions with new weapon usage data?"

they seem to be updating them: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tY2kYC8eiFq1STC1gYrSgWe6S3O9iKu2LHr4-pN5MTY/edit#gid=1133202225

Actually a lot more than i thought they did

Some changes were made but still some elephants in the room were not addressed leading players to where they are now. 

Tonkor used to be a LOT better and after the nerf I doubt that the usage was still the same but the disosition was never changed.

Sicarus got 2 buffs and is still the same.