The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Exodia Contagion

uxx0

unknown.png

This is a fully ranked Exodia Contagion hitting the Heavy Gunners head. It would be nice if it dealt a little bit more damage. While you're at it buff the other Exodia Arcanes as well. They're really meh at the moment.

EDIT: Since some people probably don't bother reading patch notes or any other posts in this thread:

unknown.png&key=7fde6f602bcac8ee4b830db2

This is with armor stripped, as you can barely see.

Edited by uxx0

3 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

That's what they nerfed.

They nerfed the lethal bit not the 100% bonus dmg that's still there. Trust me I have a dagger zaw with that arcane and it wrecks S#&$ hard, even my own if I'm not careful where I throw the damn thing

2 minutes ago, Stoner said:

They nerfed the range. It's stil super OP and... might get you killed more often than not lol

No, they specifically said they removed the interaction between Covert Lethality and Exodia Contagion's damage multiplier. It now adds 100 damage to the explosion, affected by distance traveled. Compared to its base damage, that's not much.

exodia contagion and my dagger is pretty much what i used to run all the time, it's fine. i normally mod my dagger for gas or viral, there is no problem imo. i dont rely on exodia to kill high level enemies such as 155, because i will never encounter them outside the simulacrum(apart from onslaught for which i will use lesion or atterax)

12 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

No, they specifically said they removed the interaction between Covert Lethality and Exodia Contagion's damage multiplier. It now adds 100 damage to the explosion, affected by distance traveled. Compared to its base damage, that's not much.

Not sure what to tell you... Go try it and you'll see.

21 minutes ago, Stoner said:

They nerfed the range. It's stil super OP and... might get you killed more often than not lol

Sounds like you haven't tried it today. The interaction with Contagion and Covert Lethality got nerfed an hour or so ago. We know they nerfed range previously, but the fact that you brought that up makes you think you haven't checked it out today. No way it's doing the same amount of damage if they nerfed that aspect.

Loved the Contagion-CL interaction so much. Was pretty balanced IMO too - it hit pretty hard to offer a decent alternative to the current spin2win meme strike meta while not totally replacing quick melee or melee combos, whereas self-damage and projectile nature meant it took some level of competency and aim to pull off. It also gave daggers some good use outside of the standard CL-invis frame spy missions. Plus it was really, really fun. Chucking knives at the dropships in PoE, high-angle shots reminiscent of good'ol Gunbound boomer skillshots, getting rekt by idiot squadmates who run in front of you right as you throw...

The entire interaction was based off an erroneous interaction so the fix was understandable, but it's one I wished they had kept as is, and will definitely sorely miss.

To all future posters: Try it out yourself. There was a patch today. Maybe even read the patch notes, it might help you understand why I made this thread.

Honestly? I think DE #*!%ed up somewhere. If it's supposed to deal that little damage I'm just straight up selling Contagion.

DE logic: Let's release content with loads of grind to keep even vets occupied for months longer. But let's make none of that content actually worth that grind. 

Brilliant.

Why not just released more re-skinned versions of warm coat?

Edited by -dicht.Goko-

Interaction got fixed so that CL doesn't apply to the multiplier but instead adds to the projectile damage. Before this patch i could run ESO and consistently oneshot enemies up till wave 12 or so, now it barely oneshots hydron-level enemies.

Covert Lethality should've never been necessary in the first place. That damage should've been normal. It was pretty strong, but fell off pretty quickly and it was super dangerous for the user. Imagine using it to try to out-DPS a player using Maiming Strike on a range melee. It just wasn't broken like that and wasn't hurting anybody except for the user sometimes. 

Other than Wukong's old interaction, it was never that big of a deal. It was just something that was fun to use, but still effective enough so you weren't just wasting your time. I just don't understand the point of it now. Why does DE make stuff like this? It might as well be Exodia Force now. 

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

If they are gonna keep the CL-interaction away (which honestly felt like an unneeded change), can we at least have it NOT do self-damage anymore?

And, since it is rather weak, maybe let the base projectile deal double damage of what it does now?

Edited by Azamagon

2 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

If they are gonna keep the CL-interaction away (which honestly is rather fair to the other melee, I guess?), can we at least have it NOT do self-damage anymore?

And, since it is rather weak, maybe let the base projectile deal double damage of what it does now?

It's so weak that it doesn't even kill yourself anymore. Need I say more?

27 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Sounds like you haven't tried it today. The interaction with Contagion and Covert Lethality got nerfed an hour or so ago. We know they nerfed range previously, but the fact that you brought that up makes you think you haven't checked it out today. No way it's doing the same amount of damage if they nerfed that aspect.

Oh..... Well damn. I guess it was too op? While some other op things have been left the same for years? Nice logic as always DE.

2 minutes ago, uxx0 said:

It's so weak that it doesn't even kill yourself anymore. Need I say more?

Yeah, I had to change that what you quoted. It's really superweak now, indeed.

It was, before the nerf, just slightly better than the Zaw Heavy Blade / Hammer with the Exodia Contagion. Now it's just vastly inferior. Bummer, guess we have to go with the heavy weapon meta even more (yay for variety -.-)

Edited by Azamagon

1 minute ago, Azamagon said:

it's useless proposal. projectile can't kill 80 lvl crewman. no any piece of armor but anyway it's still will be useless even when doubled