Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nitain extract

I can't believe all these tears over Nitain. I took a year off Warframe and I still have 120 of them sitting there and nothing to do with them. I mostly skip the alerts for them these days unless I am grouped with a friend who is getting them. They are free every day and you only need a finite amount. 

19 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I doubt that.

And if they put the alerts back to back, then theres no point to having them in alerts.  

Which is fine, because having a pretty frequently used crafting component only appear from alerts is a stupid idea anyway.

On 2018-05-03 at 5:47 AM, Fuzzycoco said:

stuff

Wrong in just about every assertion and disingenuous besides. 

I don't really like parsing posts, but in this case it's illustrative. To wit: 

i have no more weapon slots to build anymore weapons

If you can't be bothered to add weapons slots, whose fault is that? And if you won't, what do you really care about rare resources? This statement makes practically no sense. 

not to mention i have been a user of warframe for just shy of 4 years mate.

Who cares? So have lots of people. 

this game has no progression... you do the exact same thing over and over again just with different weapons and with different frames. you gain mastery rank which is a near irrelevant to anyone it doesnt mean higher skill. you just build things and level them up, and make them stronger. that is warframe. 

It does, but if you don't play much, well, you won't progress much. Your arsenal is your progression. You mods, your (many) warframes, your (very many) weapons...all of this is your progression; your capability to do stuff.  If you don't collect stuff, why are you playing the game? Strengthening your stuff IS part of your progression and it never really ends since there's always new stuff. 

i play this game because its so unique in its own way. and if im not mistaken prime frames offer more benefits and are easier and better to use, and can only be built by a near impossible ot get resource so whats your only other option to get a said prime frame, its to pay a huge amount of money. thus its p2w.

You don't play it much. Four years and only 1.2k hours in. That's not that much. Nothing wrong with occasionally playing, but occasionally playing and then complaining about an inability to obtain things, well, there's a disconnect there. You can't have everything and not work for it. Just the way of things, both here and elsewhere. 

Primed warframes are mostly about cosmetics. Some have significant advantages over the base 'frame and some do not. They're not fundamentally different, however. Nitain has been around now for, what? Two years? If you don't have a stockpile, it's only on you. It's really not hard to get, but you do have to play the game to have the opportunity to get it. 

Also, any assertion of P2W is simply laughable. There's no real win to pay for, and all the stuff you seem to want is entirely available in-game. Of course, you have to play the game to get it. 

The stench of entitlement is strong here. 

what to do with ~70 Nitains? No srsly I have no idea XD

That's after shoving quite a bit into my previous clan ... and building almost everything that needs Nitain including Vauban P.

4 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Which is fine, because having a pretty frequently used crafting component only appear from alerts is a stupid idea anyway.

If it's a back to back alert, then it's not an alert...

Nitain is available in other places as well,  you just have to do research to find out where it drops. 

And Nitain usage isn't that frequent. Per the wiki, we need Nitain for 49 in game items, and 9 of those are nonvital cosmetics.  That's a total of 147 Nitain required to build everything.

49 is a lot, yes, but, keep in mind we have hundreds of items in game that don't need any Nitain at all. So our Nitain usage really isn't all that frequent nor burdensome.

Edited by MagPrime
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nitain_Extract

15 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Nitain is available in other places as well,  you just have to do research to find out where it drops.

I know full well where else it can be found - but even the "best" drop rate (T3 ship reactor sabotage) is still utterly pathetic. That is - again, at best - a 2% chance of acquiring one single piece from a 6 minute mission (and I'm pretty good at these missions, having done enough to farm the damn xiphos). This works out to a time average of one alertium for every 5 hours of constant effort.

1 hour ago, DoomFruit said:

I know full well where else it can be found - but even the "best" drop rate (T3 ship reactor sabotage) is still utterly pathetic. That is - again, at best - a 2% chance of acquiring one single piece from a 6 minute mission (and I'm pretty good at these missions, having done enough to farm the damn xiphos). This works out to a time average of one alertium for every 5 hours of constant effort.

They drop from ghoul bounties much more frequently. It's like a 5.5% drop chance, but since you get 5 drops per bounty set, you can farm fairly effectively. So next time there's a ghoul purge, farm it like crazy if you want to stock up on Nitain.

6 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Your info is a bit out of date.  The drop chance of Nitain is about double that if you do the Ghoul bounties. 

I'm on my mobile So I can't provide the link to the official drop tables but DE released it and maintain it.  It provides drop locations, rotations and percentages.  It's incredibly useful for improving your farming. 

Edited by MagPrime

The worse thing about Nitain is that when you actually need them there's nothing you can do to get them aside from wait for alerts. I personally think that none of the games resources should be time gated but there instances of time gated resources that handled much better than Nitain. Forma, for example, have benefit of having their blueprints being extremely common drops. Yes they take a day to complete but anything that asks for Forma only asks for two at the most, and there's only two things that ask for that much. Mutagen Mass, Detonite Injectors, and Fieldrons can all be crafted in 24 hours but even better than forma, their blueprints don't have to be farm because you get them from the dojo. They also have the added benefit of dropping fully made from invasions in bundles of up to 3 at a time. In any given day I can end up with 6 or 7 of each if I'm also crafting them while doing the invasions. And that's the thing, there's never any point in time when I feel like I can't do anything to get them. There are plenty of solutions to Nitain that would make them much less of a hassle to deal with. They could make Nitain blueprints obtainable from the dojo for example. Or if they necessarily needed there to only be 4 available a day, then why not have them be fixed events that anyone can complete at anytime of day, like the weekly ayatan missions. 

1 minute ago, MickThejaguar said:

The worse thing about Nitain is that when you actually need them there's nothing you can do to get them aside from wait for alerts. I personally think that none of the games resources should be time gated but there instances of time gated resources that handled much better than Nitain. Forma, for example, have benefit of having their blueprints being extremely common drops. Yes they take a day to complete but anything that asks for Forma only asks for two at the most, and there's only two things that ask for that much. Mutagen Mass, Detonite Injectors, and Fieldrons can all be crafted in 24 hours but even better than forma, their blueprints don't have to be farm because you get them from the dojo. They also have the added benefit of dropping fully made from invasions in bundles of up to 3 at a time. In any given day I can end up with 6 or 7 of each if I'm also crafting them while doing the invasions. And that's the thing, there's never any point in time when I feel like I can't do anything to get them. There are plenty of solutions to Nitain that would make them much less of a hassle to deal with. They could make Nitain blueprints obtainable from the dojo for example. Or if they necessarily needed there to only be 4 available a day, then why not have them be fixed events that anyone can complete at anytime of day, like the weekly ayatan missions. 

Ghoul Bounties.  It also drops from Ghoul Bounties.

Literally posted above your comment, twice, and on page 2.

1 minute ago, MickThejaguar said:

The worse thing about Nitain is that when you actually need them there's nothing you can do to get them aside from wait for alerts.

The problem is that you only looked for nitain when you needed it. Just always do the alerts. Even if you don't need nitain. Do the ghoul bounties when they show up, even if you don't want to. The key is to build up a stock of nitain, so that when something comes a long that needs it, you already have a pile of it.

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Ghoul Bounties.  It also drops from Ghoul Bounties.

Literally posted above your comment, twice, and on page 2.

Ghoul Bounties occur too infrequently with drop chances too small to be a reliable source of Nitain. Which the problem with Nitain: there is no reliable way to acquire it outside of 4 random daily alerts. 

7 minutes ago, rune_me said:

The problem is that you only looked for nitain when you needed it. Just always do the alerts. Even if you don't need nitain. Do the ghoul bounties when they show up, even if you don't want to. The key is to build up a stock of nitain, so that when something comes a long that needs it, you already have a pile of it.

Yes, that is the solution to the current way Nitain works but the current way Nitain works is awful. I don't even actually need Nitain at the moment but I still believe that it's one of the worst aspects of this game. 

What about Vauban Prime.  He's still 5 nitain per piece and 20 for the whole frame.  Took me about a month I'd say to get all 20 nitain.  I didn't complain, I just logged in and checked the alerts.  If there was none I did sorties or other things until there was.  They show up fairly regularly.  P2w is laughable really.  Pay to rush is all.  And at 80$ a frame who am I to complain?  They earned that money in most cases and if they spent it on a frame that's fine by me.  Without experience they still aren't winning anything.  You can get everything through patience and effort.  Play to Win for the win.  

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashagin said:

What about Vauban Prime.  He's still 5 nitain per piece and 20 for the whole frame.  Took me about a month I'd say to get all 20 nitain.  I didn't complain, I just logged in and checked the alerts.  If there was none I did sorties or other things until there was.  They show up fairly regularly.  P2w is laughable really.  Pay to rush is all.  And at 80$ a frame who am I to complain?  They earned that money in most cases and if they spent it on a frame that's fine by me.  Without experience they still aren't winning anything.  You can get everything through patience and effort.  Play to Win for the win.  

Not to mention that Vauban Prime doesn't really make the player any more capable of winning than regular Vauban, or pretty much any frame for that matter.  People will just complain because they want to have everything right away.

On 2018-05-03 at 5:01 AM, Fuzzycoco said:

its getting close to p2w, when you need prime frames to get better performance

LMAO you don't NEED prime frames. Prime frames are nice, you NEED mods, you NEED the right weapons. But you can do the same stuff in non prime versions of frames... 

• 2 weeks later...

I do kinda agree that Nitain could be a touch easier to obtain, maybe by having the alerts last twice as long, or lowering the amount needed from them in blueprints here and there.

But I also do feel that having something being somewhat rare like Nitain, just serves the game better, and making certain items feel that much more rewarding to complete. You really don't need to have this and that frame and weapon now, and there's plenty others to get while you farm mats. I have a full time job myself, on some days I don't get to see a Nitain alert at all, believe it or not, but I'm still going to just putter along and start getting things for my Vauban Prime. Game ain't going anywhere, and even if things you want get vaulted, it's not impossible to make the plat needed for a player-to-player trade for them.

TL;DR, Nitain as a whole can only frustrate you and "ruin" your enjoyment if you obsess over it too bad. If you miss an alert, you still can be 100% sure there's a new one coming eventually. Just take it easy, play at your own pace (whether ultra casual like me, or hardcore), and you will get to your desired Frame and/or weapon. (Sorry for the extremely "love and peace" wording, but I felt like tossing my two cents in about a topic I myself used to be frustrated by.)