Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Punch Through and Secondaries!

KX297

Can we get another punch-through modification for secondaries? 
Maybe a nightmare one?

I built the Hystrix and forma'd it five times. I love this weapon. 
Unfortunately, the sixteen quill magazine and crazy rapid fire rate means that I'm reloading a lot and I need to make every shot count. I did this by adding punch-through, and it feels so much better.  

But, the only punch-through modification I had access to was Seeker! I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but more options would be nice. 

So DE, when you add new modifications again (whenever that may be), could you maybe throw in some sort of punch-through mod for secondaries? 

:thumbup::laugh: 

(Good job on the Hystrix though, super fun to use!)

Punchthrough mods are for me mandatory on any non-explosive weapon as it massively increases the damage output of any weapon, consequently makes it more Ammo efficient as you dont waste bullets hitting corpses as you wait for them to drop to the floor or parts of mobs that fly around.

I have been looking forward to a PunchThrough + Some other status mod for secondary for some time now, maybe a Shred or Seeking Fury equivalent?

Would be better if there would be more then just and only the function punch through, or like that less recoil mod. The only ones i never really will use maybe. If there would be at least any other feature like on that gold elemental mods that also add a little bit status chance.

I agree with this. PunchThrough as a stat is severely underrated as I believe most players just look for on-paper DPS increases against a single enemy (which is fine in certain situations), while PT scales damage up as more and more enemies spawn and overwhelm the squad.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

Do rivens count?

To a degree, sure. 
But getting one for specifically the Hystrix (or whatever weapon you wish), then getting Punch-through (and no crippling downsides) can be difficult. It would be nice to have another choice since only one non-Riven one exists. 

55 minutes ago, BladeRambler said:

I agree with this. PunchThrough as a stat is severely underrated as I believe most players just look for on-paper DPS increases against a single enemy (which is fine in certain situations), while PT scales damage up as more and more enemies spawn and overwhelm the squad.

Ya, I agree with this a lot. I use Rifles generally over everything else, and I have Shred on (probably) all of them. And while I don't use Shotguns much, I can say that Seeking Fury is on just about all of those as well. 

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Punchthrough mods are for me mandatory on any non-explosive weapon as it massively increases the damage output of any weapon, consequently makes it more Ammo efficient as you dont waste bullets hitting corpses as you wait for them to drop to the floor or parts of mobs that fly around.

I have been looking forward to a PunchThrough + Some other status mod for secondary for some time now, maybe a Shred or Seeking Fury equivalent?

I agree! I love having Punch-Through so much!

I think I would like a Punch-Through + Something not provided by Seeking Force or Shred to differentiate it from them.
For example;
Punch-Through and + Accuracy.
Or
Punch-Through and - Recoil.

Something along these lines to make a new nightmare Punch-Through mod without straight up copying one of the already existing primary ones. 

Good replies! :thumbup:

I agree that punch-through is very underrated. It would be nice if we had "staple" mods with punch through. Like, +60% toxin and +0.6m punch through, +70% Multishot and +0.4m Punch-through, and so on.

There are a lot of combinations for dual stat mods that DE could use to give us more freedom when building our weps.