The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has there ever been a disposition change

I hear a lot of talk about an eventual disposition change with weapons. Has there ever been one? What happens to riven stats, do they go down if a disposition goes down?

If so I really don't think that's how it should be handled. I think the rivens that are already out there should remain unchanged and it should just be that stats change on any riven rolls from there on out. 

People spend tons of plat on some of these rivens. It would be different if there was an OFFICIAL disclaimer that riven disposition was subject to change, but I've never seen such a post....

13 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Yes there have been changes, yes people were told dispositions would change beforehand. What they spend on these mods is entirely their choice. If DE wants to change it, tough. People knew in advance.

So, my main question was what happens to stats. Do they automatically adjust? Also, I'm a warframe player and I wasnt "told" anything about rivens officially.

Edited by (PS4)tissot555

6 minutes ago, Gadeon said:

Weird question if a riven dispositions gets changed. Does it also mean the riven for that weapon will get nerfed of buffed. If you have the riven for that specific weapon.

This is literally what the question of this post is...

52 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Yes there have been changes, yes people were told dispositions would change beforehand. What they spend on these mods is entirely their choice. If DE wants to change it, tough. People knew in advance.

I love seeing people who spend around 1000 or way way more platinum on a riven cry rivers 🙂

1 hour ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

I hear a lot of talk about an eventual disposition change with weapons. Has there ever been one? What happens to riven stats, do they go down if a disposition goes down?

If so I really don't think that's how it should be handled. I think the rivens that are already out there should remain unchanged and it should just be that stats change on any riven rolls from there on out. 

People spend tons of plat on some of these rivens. It would be different if there was an OFFICIAL disclaimer that riven disposition was subject to change, but I've never seen such a post....

How is this fixing the problem? if a balance pass on riven disposition happens and some weapons get a lower disposition than they they before. Your solution is only making things worse, people who have rivens for say Rubico, which is currently 4 dot, and it changes to a 2 dot weapon, with your suggestion, they are keeping their 4 dot stats while anyone else who gets a riven for Rubico after will end up with 2 dot stats.that will only make the untouched riven prices skyrocket and PLEASE tell me, where would the supposed "balance" the change was supposed to bring be then?

Edited by Cebian

24 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

I have yet to understand why a riven is worth over 1000 plat.

Because they are a monopoly. Finding 2 rivens that are exactly the same is beyond rare. Even if you have the same stat roll as me, I could have slightly more or less DPS than you through RNG. People spend up to 31,000 platinum for a single riven mod because they seek the highest possible damage for a weapon for the sake of it.

28 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

I have yet to understand why a riven is worth over 1000 plat.

because rng can be a *@##$... I was tired of rolling my dread riven once and I only wanted to get that over with, so I was offering up to 600pl for one with the stats I wanted (+150% CC and +Reload Speed).

Since those stats weren't godly, I found someone selling the riven I wanted for 120p, I think...

Some times, people offer high amounts of plat not just for the stats, but because they are tired of kuva farming/riven rolling disappointments.

1 hour ago, Cebian said:

How is this fixing the problem? if a balance pass on riven disposition happens and some weapons get a lower disposition than they they before. Your solution is only making things worse, people who have rivens for say Rubico, which is currently 4 dot, and it changes to a 2 dot weapon, with your suggestion, they are keeping their 4 dot stats while anyone else who gets a riven for Rubico after will end up with 2 dot stats.that will only make the untouched riven prices skyrocket and PLEASE tell me, where would the supposed "balance" the change was supposed to bring be then?

We just don't see things the same way. For me there are two reasons I don't think stats should change. 

1) Investment. It's not just about the plat that people have spent on rivens; there are plenty of players that spent their TIME on rivens. Getting the riven, earning the kuva, rolling the riven and then earning more kuva because RNG is a fickle mistress. It's not a true "balance" in my opinion, because it's just based of popularity. DE gave certain weapons a five disposition because no one used them and it worked. People started getting rivens and started using those guns. Then what, are you going to tell me it's a good idea to lower the disposition and make the weapon unpopular again? Sounds like a stupid plan to me.

2) I personally like the idea of some things in a game like this to be exclusive. It's like limited collectors edition items in a way. For the players that bought or rolled a great lanka riven they get to keep that. The lanka will always be a good gun for them. If you didn't get a lanka riven, oh well. You'll have a chance at the next best riven when the dispositions change. Then trading would be so much fun. If I was lucky enough to get a god roll lanka but not a good roll "whatever gun" then I can trade. And yes, prices would be crazy, but so what. Just becasue you can't afford them or don't want to pay for them, that doesn't mean anything to the people who do. 

I'd also like to add that Im relatively new to warframe. When the 50% off plat hit, I bought a ton of plat becasue its what I wanted to do. I never saw or heard any warning about riven stats changing. It's because prices were so high, it never even crossed my mind that rivens could change. I'm willing to bet almost 100% of new players buying rivens don't know either and I think that's a problem.

Edited by (PS4)tissot555

8 minutes ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

I'm willing to bet almost 100% of new players buying rivens don't know either and I think that's a problem.

New players almost never buy rivens. Riven trade and sales is very much an endgame thing for long time players. If you bought one as a new player, then you are the exception to the rule. Consider that there is no content in the game at all you need a riven for. It's just the cherry on the top and you can enjoy your desert just fine without it. So you should never ever spend plat on a riven if there is still things you actually need in the game, because those things will always be more important than a riven. Once you no longer have anything to spend your plat on, then you can start buying rivens.

Also, you don't have to worry, disposition almost never changes. I think they nerfed the Aklex riven disposition when the prime came out, otherwise I don't think I have ever seen a change to riven disposition that actually mattered to anyone.

12 minutes ago, rune_me said:

New players almost never buy rivens. Riven trade and sales is very much an endgame thing for long time players. If you bought one as a new player, then you are the exception to the rule. Consider that there is no content in the game at all you need a riven for. It's just the cherry on the top and you can enjoy your desert just fine without it. So you should never ever spend plat on a riven if there is still things you actually need in the game, because those things will always be more important than a riven. Once you no longer have anything to spend your plat on, then you can start buying rivens.

Also, you don't have to worry, disposition almost never changes. I think they nerfed the Aklex riven disposition when the prime came out, otherwise I don't think I have ever seen a change to riven disposition that actually mattered to anyone.

Well, I'm just going to assume you have zero data on what new players do and everything else you said is simply your opinion of what a new player should be doing. Except for the last part of your post; I like that part and I'm glad to hear it. 

Just now, (PS4)tissot555 said:

Well, I'm just going to assume you have zero data on what new players do and everything else you said is simply your opinion of what a new player should be doing. Except for the last part of your post; I like that part and I'm glad to hear it. 

So you believed the part you liked and chose to not believe the part you didn't like? Let me guess, you're a millennial.

13 minutes ago, rune_me said:

I agree with disposition changes affecting stats when disposition is tuned for balance, but...

Every variant should have separate Rivens stats in some way, whether that's giving the same mod different stats on different variants or some other means of allowing standard versions of weapons to retain their Riven disposition when powercreep Primes are added. Aklex Riven change coming out had absolutely nothing to do with Aklex suddenly becoming more powerful, yet Aklex suffers for it.

23 minutes ago, Kinetos said:

I agree with disposition changes affecting stats when disposition is tuned for balance, but...

Every variant should have separate Rivens stats in some way, whether that's giving the same mod different stats on different variants or some other means of allowing standard versions of weapons to retain their Riven disposition when powercreep Primes are added. Aklex Riven change coming out had absolutely nothing to do with Aklex suddenly becoming more powerful, yet Aklex suffers for it.

Exactly 

I'm willing to bet almost 100% of new players buying rivens don't know either and I think that's a problem.

Doing the research before you spend your money is just common sense.  If a player - be they old or new - doesn't do that then its on them.  The system is designed to protect the balance of the game not a fool and his plat.

People have talked about the Aklex, but the Tiberon and the Lato are next thanks to the prime and the vandal respectively.

Sorry OP but a bad idea is a bad idea and you sir, have presented us with just that. There is nothing wrong with the riven disposition system. You dont need rivens to go far in the game. If you are stupid enough to pay someone ridiculous amounts of plat for a so called 'God roll' riven then I feel bad for you. 

Except new players physically can't use rivens, so no, the average intellect ones would not be buying them. Try again.

1 minute ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Except new players physically can't use rivens, so no, the average intellect ones would not be buying them. Try again.

I am literally a new player who got into rivens soooooo...you try again. 

Edited by (PS4)tissot555