The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You haven't REALLY experience Warframe until...

Arrbjorn

On 2018-05-11 at 2:26 AM, Arrbjorn said:

You've played it on the widest ultra-wide on the market!  I picked this thing up to be able to easily multi-task when working from home and figured it would be a joke as a gaming monitor, but I sure am glad I was wrong.

The colors are amazing with HDR10 support, and the game is silky smooth at 144hz/fps.

MBJeuBp8wmj9V3fHEEBgPUbJowavZAa1lvRCrSOg

Anyone else have awesome setups for farming polymer bundles and nitain?  I mean... being an awesome space ninja?

Post what you think is the best way to experience Warframe!

My Acer Predator x34 panoramic curve 3440x1440 G-Sync 100hz says hello.  Powered by gtx980-ti overclocked.  The experience is awesome. 

Edited by AnGeL_KRoM

On 2018-05-14 at 12:16 AM, Tramadols said:

IzACpZy.png 

My monitor is not that wide. I have an Acer  x34 that i lock at 99fps for gsync. powered with 2 gtx 1080 ti's.  

With dual 1080ti graphics cards you should easily be able to overclock that puppy to 120hz and maintain 120fps easily for a better experience.  Locking your frame rate at 99fps essentially disables gSync, which works by adjusting the frequency of your monitor (measure in hz) to match your fps.  For instance if you are getting 120fps it would go to 120hz, but if you hit a rough patch in the game and your fps dropped to 77 it would "down-clock" your monitor to 77hz. This allows for variable frame-rates without screen-tearing.

So think of it like this:

V-Sync = lock frame-rate to the frequency (hz) of your monitor in order to prevent screen tearing. frame rate must never drop below the frequency of your monitor or you may experience "choppiness". This is really only noticeable with a fps difference of about 10 or more, so dropping from 120fps to 110fps for a few frames won't register, but any lower/longer and you may notice it.

G-Sync = lock the frequency of your monitor to the frame-rate of the game you are playing. Frame-rates above/below the maximum/minimum frequency of your monitor are ignored and/or discarded from the buffer. Frame-tearing and choppiness never occur.

So with dual 1080ti graphics cards, there is no reason you shouldn't be playing with v-sync off and allowing your frame-rate to do whatever it's going to do.  But honestly, enabling v-sync, locking your frame-rate at 120fps, and over-clocking your monitor to 120hz will give you a far superior experience and make the most of your graphics cards and your monitor.  This is because with your setup the need for g-sync to down-clock your monitor should never occur.

The exception, of course, is Crysis and similar games which are extremely taxing.  In which case if you want the best experience with settings on max/ultra go with g-sync and let your fps roam free.

Edited by Arrbjorn

You haven't really experienced Warframe until you've done the Grineer Manic event where you had to defend a console or something in a tiny room filled with invisible manics ready to instant kill you. You had to climb on objects on the walls and whatnot to stay alive.

Edited by Spaloon

I absolutely hate ultrawide. You have to sit far enough to see the whole screen that the height becomes too narrow.

Tried playing it on my 55" 120 4k HDR+ QLEd. Rather low response time as well
Tho hdmi limited me to 60.

Wasn't the best experience - at this scale some details are lost because they just become too small to notice - i likely looked like a noob who bought the mr24 account  when playing a few  test games.
You just lose in reaction time due to scale and detail size in shooters at that scale.

Edited by Ketec

5 hours ago, Ketec said:

Because not everyone is average.

4 hours ago, (PS4)deadbeef001 said:

Because not everyone's human

Humans usually begin to get headaches when their eyes start to see this fast, birds have relatively high 'fps' if you will.

Most humans with high reaction time such as the man who can cut a bullet with a katana still dont see fast enough, rather they are capable of intense prediction.

31 minutes ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

Humans usually begin to get headaches when their eyes start to see this fast, birds have relatively high 'fps' if you will.

Most humans with high reaction time such as the man who can cut a bullet with a katana still dont see fast enough, rather they are capable of intense prediction.

First, gamers are not most humans. As everything else, vision is something that can be trained. Second, people can react to visual signals lasting less than 1 ms, that's 1000 Hz. Also, people can still see artifacts at 500 Hz.

Edited by Orgoon

Until you've been banned from chat for 2 weeks for using Nezha and a device or enclosure designed to catch and retain animals, typically by allowing entry but not exit or by catching hold of a part of the body in the same sentence.

Ahh, what a wonderful flippin world we live in.