Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Deluxe Skin info?

Mirasein

As someone who plays Nidus more than any other frame (aside from Trinity Prime), I really love the look of this skin. While I can see where some people are coming from as this is quite the departure from the infested look, I also appreciate that same departure. It is a unique look for Nidus and I will wear it proudly once I purchase his bundle (a flesh and bone syandana, and an alternate Helmith Charger skin would be most appreciated).

17 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Except it WASN'T a vocal minority that complained about Nova's deluxe skin; It was a size-able majority of of the players on the forums and the dev streams. Same for Ember deluxe. There was more hate than like. But hey, keep on deluding yourself and insulting us. 

Unprovable. Further, what matters is the profit, and we have no idea how Ember and Nova sold in comparison to other Deluxe skins. None.

4 hours ago, (XB1)N7 Sinner said:

As someone who plays Nidus more than any other frame (aside from Trinity Prime), I really love the look of this skin. While I can see where some people are coming from as this is quite the departure from the infested look, I also appreciate that same departure. It is a unique look for Nidus and I will wear it proudly once I purchase his bundle (a flesh and bone syandana, and an alternate Helmith Charger skin would be most appreciated).

Just wanna say, thanks for not tarring all of us who dislike it with the same deluded or blind brush. Or any other insults that have been slung our way. I'm really getting sick of the dog-piling, when all I say is I disagree. So yeah, +1, and enjoy the new skin. :thumbup:

17 hours ago, butka1998 said:

Ok so let me tell you what is infested about this deluxe skin. Infestation in warframe isnt the same as normal infestation you would find in real world right? This infestation isnt about flesh or being messed up and disgusting as many people here are trying to suggest. Problem is most players dont have even single idea about the real intetion behind this infestation. It was created to battle the sentients (from older form of infestation that is reference to game dark sector). Sentients as you know are sort of hivemind a shared consciousness if you will. That gives them the advantage to know what every other sentient knows. Huge strategic advantage becouse of sharing informations and thus reacting quicker. To battle that the orokin "revived" infestation that was able to transform humans, animals, robots, basicaly any lifeform or AI and turn it into its part to become a hive mind. Thus gaining the same ability the sentient had but also the ability to replenish its numbers (soldiers) much much faster from many sources and thus gaining advantage against the sentient. And that idea of transforming many things into one hivemind is exactly what infestation is and what this skin represents. When you look at it you see extra pair of hands on chest and many eyes on shoulders. So it actualy isnt going away from the nidus theme or infestation theme but pretty much with it. As to what those hands are? I dont have even the slightest idea but thats whats magical about it being deluxe skin and not part of the main story. It could be possibly some relic of old times (after dark sector) when scientist tried to experiment with the original infestation? I think thats up to everyones imagination. I hope i answered your questions (i dont want to prove you wrong or something just to show you what you might have missed).

STOP SAYING IT ISNT INFESTED THEME AND READ THIS PLEASE APARENTLY YOU HAVE MISSED IT ASWELL EVEN THOUGH I HAVE ALREADY EXPLAINED THAT YOU THINK OF INFESTATION IN WRONG WAY

the deluxe skin has infested parts, those complaining are not looking hard enough.

1. Exposed Brain(Zombie status, enough said)

2. Visible Teeth(not many frames have visible teeth)

3. Boils and Eyes(Boils on armor, Eyes on Shoulder)

4. Stomach and Legs look like they have exposed organs.

5. Beige bits resemble Bone

6. the "metalics" look insect-like

and Finally this is only a preview they may make the "Metalics" more or less organic based on feedback(like how the Inaros deluxe skin got a quick fix because of poor colorablity)

to get rid of the "ghostly arms" change the color to something more natural or don't use the skin otherwise leave it be for those that like it.

Most of the deluxe skins arguably make the characters more anime..so its like Prototype(the Game) infested armor but in an anime style.

Edited by ReapeaterX23
skin to shoulder

12 hours ago, ReapeaterX23 said:

[snip for spacing]

You've already said all of the snipped, and it changes nothing. Most likely those who are saying it's not infested are referring to the shape language, and from that perspective they are right. This skin does not fit the established shape language of the infested. It's symmetrical and smooth, with jagged bits of probably bone. There is a characteristic look that every infested has. Specifically, a bulbous, twisted mass of diseased flesh. That is conspicuously absent from this skin. The closest we get are whatever's on the shoulders.

So no. From a design standpoint, it is not infested, because it lacks the defining shape language of the infested. What it is, according to what you've listed, is undead. Infested and undead are two different things.

and Finally this is only a preview they may make the "Metalics" more or less organic based on feedback(like how the Inaros deluxe skin got a quick fix because of poor colorablity)

"This is only the preview" doesn't matter if the reaction is to the shape language. Changing the textures won't change the shape language.

to get rid of the "ghostly arms" change the color to something more natural or don't use the skin otherwise leave it be for those that like it.

Have you never played Nidus? Half the fun of playing him is giving him pretty neon poison colors so Ravenous and his maggots look cool and are easily recognized. As for "just don't use it," undoubtedly that's what most who dislike it will do. But they're still allowed to state their opinion of it.

Most of the deluxe skins arguably make the characters more anime..so its like Prototype(the Game) infested armor but in an anime style.

Irrelevant to whether people think it's infested or not. As I explained above, no it does not fit the established infested aesthetic.

On 2018-05-13 at 10:47 AM, SaferSaviour said:

Unprovable.

Go look at the feedback threads for Nova and Ember Deluxe. Mind you a lot of the more toxic comments were probably pruned...and there were plenty. Still, there's far more dislike than like with regard to those skins.

On 2018-05-13 at 10:47 AM, SaferSaviour said:

Further, what matters is the profit, and we have no idea how Ember and Nova sold in comparison to other Deluxe skins

You have no idea how supply / demand capitalism works, do you?

If you're smart and you want maxim profit, you go with what the majority of the public says they will be willing to buy. Smart companies ask, "Would you like to buy this or this? Why or why not?" and go with what the majority of the polled sample wants to see.

I know these things. I worked in advertising for several years, helping to successfully market several products.

I'm VERY sure that DE could have made far more money off those skins IF they had paid attention to all the highly critical and negative feedback they got even before they released the skins...and actually revised the skins accordingly.

2 hours ago, Archeyef said:

You've already said all of the snipped, and it changes nothing. Most likely those who are saying it's not infested are referring to the shape language, and from that perspective they are right. This skin does not fit the established shape language of the infested. It's symmetrical and smooth, with jagged bits of probably bone. There is a characteristic look that every infested has. Specifically, a bulbous, twisted mass of diseased flesh. That is conspicuously absent from this skin. The closest we get are whatever's on the shoulders.

So no. From a design standpoint, it is not infested, because it lacks the defining shape language of the infested. What it is, according to what you've listed, is undead. Infested and undead are two different things.

"This is only the preview" doesn't matter if the reaction is to the shape language. Changing the textures won't change the shape language.

Have you never played Nidus? Half the fun of playing him is giving him pretty neon poison colors so Ravenous and his maggots look cool and are easily recognized. As for "just don't use it," undoubtedly that's what most who dislike it will do. But they're still allowed to state their opinion of it.

Irrelevant to whether people think it's infested or not. As I explained above, no it does not fit the established infested aesthetic.

Aesthetics of infested... looking like other infested huh? do you think its necesary for being infested theme? Because i do not as i explained in my previous post. Why? Well thats quite simply as you said it looks polished unlike infestation in its wild form as we know it (twisted mass of flesh). But if you take a look at nidus in his basic form everything except his chest also looks polished. Why do you think is that? I would say because hes frame and thus hes a laboratory creation. And usually when people create something (in this case orokin but they like extravagancy even more) they make it look good, give it some polish, some box to fit into (example PC -> without cover just parts and cables = wild infestation VS PC with cover = nidus). I already explained his looks in previous post so i wont repeat myself. So to put off this on going think of not looking fleshy enough... you should realise orokin loved perfection and extravagancy and even infested frame should look like their creation. Extravagant, polished, perfec. Thats why all those tubes and tentacles are revealed on nidus only after he gains the stacks of evolution anf lets the infestation run a bit more free and give it more power. So i dont think this skin is undead. Why? Undead usualy dont have more limbs (not counting those awful skeletons made out of many corpses that done simply make sence because there arent enough joints on skeleton for more parts to be attached). And those hands on chest that many people dislike could be recolored with energy color on the concept art so if you painted them black im sure they wouldnt stand so much.

Just a friendly suggestion to start, you should really work on your formating. Long posts are a little bit of a chore to read when they're all one paragraph like that.

4 hours ago, butka1998 said:

Aesthetics of infested... looking like other infested huh? do you think its necesary for being infested theme? Because i do not as i explained in my previous post. Why? Well thats quite simply as you said it looks polished unlike infestation in its wild form as we know it (twisted mass of flesh). But if you take a look at nidus in his basic form everything except his chest also looks polished.

Yes, looking like other infested. Yes, if you want it to look like infested, looking like infested would be rather necessary. I'm looking at the design of the skin and comparing it to what is known to represent infestation. And when you compare this skin to examples of infestation, you find that it doesn't visually match.

I will grant that Nidus is more... streamlined than wild infestation. And yes, that is likely down to Orokin sensibilities. But he maintains key design elements of the infested faction. He still looks like twisted, diseased flesh, albeit more "polished," as you say. And the deluxe skin, though very cool, does not have those elements. Therefore, doesn't look infested.

I think there might be a fundamental misunderstanding here so I'm going to try and clear it up. As I said before, the skin does not use the shape language of the infested and for that reason does not look infested. "Shape Language" is a term used in visual design and concept work to refer to a set of design elements that tie different individual designs within a design group together and distinguish them from other design groups. You'll notice that when you look at any Corpus unit, it will have a characteristic look to it, which is, for example, different from the Grineer. The Grineer, likewise, all share design elements that are unique to the Grineer, so they are instantly recognizable as Grineer.

This is a separate issue from "theme." In this sense, "theme" is a much broader, more nebulous conceptual family which can have many very different expressions and is not as dependent on visual design.

I already explained his looks in previous post so i wont repeat myself.

Assuming you're talking about the post you quoted earlier in this page, you really didn't. You talked about the concept behind the infested, that of a biological answer to the Sentients' hive mind. And that does make some sense. But that's the infested as a faction concept, not a visual design, and doesn't really apply to what I'm saying. I'm talking about the visual design of the infested, not the faction concept.

So to put off this on going think of not looking fleshy enough... you should realise orokin loved perfection and extravagancy and even infested frame should look like their creation. Extravagant, polished, perfec. Thats why all those tubes and tentacles are revealed on nidus only after he gains the stacks of evolution anf lets the infestation run a bit more free and give it more power.

But he was designed to do that. Why would the Orokin design him to do that if they were so very against it? Seems to me that they're more okay with it than you're suggesting.

So i dont think this skin is undead. Why? Undead usualy dont have more limbs (not counting those awful skeletons made out of many corpses that done simply make sence because there arent enough joints on skeleton for more parts to be attached).

That's... really not a good argument. "It has extra arms, therefore not undead" ignores all the other things that Repeater lists, which are almost all hallmarks of undead. The extra arms are also quite clearly energy/spectral, so I'm not sure why you're bringing anatomy into it. It needn't apply to them.

And those hands on chest that many people dislike could be recolored with energy color on the concept art so if you painted them black im sure they wouldnt stand so much.

Those hands are likely to use the Energy color group. Aside from aesthetics, it's generally a good idea from a teamwork standpoint to use brighter energy colors on Nidus so that his Ravenous and maggots are easily recognizable. Using dark colors on the Energy channel to reduce the prominence of the arms isn't really a good solution, as it reduces recognizability of Ravenous and maggots.

Edited by Archeyef
Noticed a typo

All I have to say is complaining about this skin spits in the face of those who like it. While it may not fit your perception of an infestation theme. It doesnt have to. It is a departure from basic infestation. A fancier infestation if you will.

I bet you guys will S#&$ on the Primed version too whenever that comes out. Mind you more nidus skins will be in the works just not a deluxe commisioned skin which this is. All frames have multiple official and tennogen skins. These deluxe skins are hybrid of tennogen and official in that they are made by an outsider but sold for plat(like regular skins instead of for cash like tennogens)

Nidus is a warfame not an infested. He is a warframe made inspired by the idea of the infested. To make your nidus more infested looking give him atlas agile animation and the embolist growths +apoxys syandana, or do the work yourself by making a skin and submiting it to tennogen, or ask a tennogen artist to work on one more to your taste. I really do believe a poll would show this skin is more liked than disliked.

7 minutes ago, ReapeaterX23 said:

All I have to say is complaining about this skin spits in the face of those who like it.

Not really. No more than saying it's good spits in the face of people who don't like it. People are allowed to voice their opinions. I don't begrudge anyone who likes it saying they like it, even if I disagree. I don't, by the way, I think it looks awesome. I just don't think it's suited to Nidus, that's all.

9 minutes ago, ReapeaterX23 said:

While it may not fit your perception of an infestation theme. It doesnt have to. It is a departure from basic infestation.

Correct. Still gonna state my opinion.

11 minutes ago, ReapeaterX23 said:

I bet you guys will S#&$ on the Primed version too whenever that comes out.

"Too" implies I have for this one. I can only speak for myself, of course, but I haven't [redacted] on it.

12 minutes ago, ReapeaterX23 said:

Mind you more nidus skins will be in the works just not a deluxe commisioned skin which this is. All frames have multiple official and tennogen skins. These deluxe skins are hybrid of tennogen and official in that they are made by an outsider but sold for plat(like regular skins instead of for cash like tennogens)

And?

17 minutes ago, ReapeaterX23 said:

Nidus is a warfame not an infested. He is a warframe made inspired by the idea of the infested.

Yup. Though I think it might be more accurate to say he expresses more of the warframes' infested nature. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

19 minutes ago, ReapeaterX23 said:

I really do believe a poll would show this skin is more liked than disliked.

Oh, we don't need a poll for that. People love this skin, and I understand why. It looks awesome. And I hope all of you who don't have my opinion on it not fitting Nidus rock it. Go for it, my dude.

2 hours ago, Archeyef said:

I think it looks awesome. I just don't think it's suited to Nidus, that's all.

That pretty much sums up my feelings on this deluxe as well. 

The art style, design, and execution is really topic notch - definitely the work of a pro. My hat's off to the modeler that can accurately pull off the artist's vision.

My only gripes are two-fold.

- Another oriental theme? It would be nice to see a theme that's more...tribal for a change. African (non-Egyptian) or Mesoamerican would be really interesting to see.

- This doesn't really feel like a variation of Nidus to me. This feels more like a completely different 'Frame as it possesses the characteristics of something demonic and supernatural rather than an organic abomination. Worse, I can't even see any obvious visual connection to Nidus. If someone had shown this design to me way before the devstream and asked me "what do you think this is?", I'd have said "A new Warframe with a demonic theme." Also, the idea of adding on features and details as he gains stacks is interesting...but that's not how Nidus works currently: His appearance changes by having certain armor segments open up to reveal glowing, infested tendrils as you gain stacks. Oh yeah...when you cast Nidus' abilities, there's also going to be an interesting, possibly jarring, class of aesthetics, unless the abilities get a visual update as well when the skin is equipped.

TL;DR - It's a cool and well executed design, but I don't think it resembles Nidus at all. I'll probably pass on this one.

6 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

That pretty much sums up my feelings on this deluxe as well. 

The art style, design, and execution is really topic notch - definitely the work of a pro. My hat's off to the modeler that can accurately pull off the artist's vision.

My only gripes are two-fold.

- Another oriental theme? It would be nice to see a theme that's more...tribal for a change. African (non-Egyptian) or Mesoamerican would be really interesting to see.

- This doesn't really feel like a variation of Nidus to me. This feels more like a completely different 'Frame as it possesses the characteristics of something demonic and supernatural rather than an organic abomination. Worse, I can't even see any obvious visual connection to Nidus. If someone had shown this design to me way before the devstream and asked me "what do you think this is?", I'd have said "A new Warframe with a demonic theme." Also, the idea of adding on features and details as he gains stacks is interesting...but that's not how Nidus works currently: His appearance changes by having certain armor segments open up to reveal glowing, infested tendrils as you gain stacks. Oh yeah...when you cast Nidus' abilities, there's also going to be an interesting, possibly jarring, class of aesthetics, unless the abilities get a visual update as well when the skin is equipped.

TL;DR - It's a cool and well executed design, but I don't think it resembles Nidus at all. I'll probably pass on this one.

I couldn't agree more. Awesome design, awesome execution, doesn't really fit Nidus. Also, tribal yes. Tribal design would be so sick.