Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Deluxe Skin info?

Mirasein

17 hours ago, Archeyef said:

I have to agree, I don't particularly like it for Nidus. It's not a bad skin, I just think it doesn't really fit the the frame it's for.

Deluxe skins are a different take on a frame's theme, sure, but I would have liked something different that still kept to a more organic aesthetic.

Then which frame would the deluxe fit then?

19 hours ago, Cook-EN- said:

The concept of the deluxe skin looks like the armor will either grow or attach to him the more stacks he has.

Well if you all remember orokin used flesh even in buildings. Unum? Someone? Does that tower look like its living being of sorts? or that it has some capability of growing or regeneration? I guess not and yet it does. So skin that has armor that can grow? I think thats not far from orokin technology and on what its based (fusion of organic and nonorganic materials). And for those who dislike his arms on chest they are there to show that the insides under the armor are some sort of flesh. Just like the brain like flesh on helm and eyes on shoulders. And if you ask me i dont think his armor is chitin although i think it is in fact semi-organic. Why do i think so and why its not complete nonsence? Because DNA... everything grows into shape that it has programed in its DNA. Thats why people and animals arent blobs of flesh and bones without any shape.

19 hours ago, VengefulMaelstrom said:

Those blue arm things around the chest in the Nidus Deluxe renders really throws it off for me. 

Personally the skin looks better without those armor pieces added during mutation. I hope it could be something that can be toggled. 

Agreed. The arsenal toggles for frames need to have a lock option, to keep the look of the frame how we want it.

(I’ll be posting a more detailed thread now about this idea for DE, keep a look out on the Fan Concepts in the Extras section) :)

3 hours ago, Archeyef said:

I'm not sure it fits any frame, but I don't see how that's relevant.

But what do you mean? If the deluxe doesn't fit nidus then what frame would this deluxe fit?

Image result for nidus conceptImage result for nidus deluxe skin

Base deluxe looks a lot like nidus if you asked me or any other person. Looked like it went from biological virus flesh monster to soul trapped armored demonic thrall (that looks alot like the hive enemies from Destiny which just adds to the fact for the whole soul trapped demonic look)

The whole point of deluxe skins as others have mentioned before is a reimagining of a frame's theme or to give the frame a completely different look. Loki Knave, Rhino Palatine, Trinity Strega, Octavia Maestra, Frost Harka, Saryn Orphid, Nova Asuri all give completely new looks to the frame while putting the theme on the back burner. 

Just now, ShadowExodus said:

But what do you mean? If the deluxe doesn't fit nidus then what frame would this deluxe fit?

Why should it fit another frame? It doesn't have to.

3 minutes ago, ShadowExodus said:

[images snipped for spacing]

Base deluxe looks a lot like nidus if you asked me or any other person. Looked like it went from biological virus flesh monster to soul trapped armored demonic thrall (that looks alot like the hive enemies from Destiny which just adds to the fact for the whole soul trapped demonic look)

I suppose this might be my issue. That doesn't sound like Nidus to me. It's great that it does to you, I don't much care. I'm just stating my opinion.

5 minutes ago, ShadowExodus said:

The whole point of deluxe skins as others have mentioned before is a reimagining of a frame's theme or to give the frame a completely different look. Loki Knave, Rhino Palatine, Trinity Strega, Octavia Maestra, Frost Harka, Saryn Orphid, Nova Asuri all give completely new looks to the frame while putting the theme on the back burner. 

Knave, Palatine, Strega, Harka, and Orphid did not stray far from the look or theme of the frames. Some of them I like, and some I don't. Maestra and Asuri sort of did stray far. I don't much care for Maestra, but whatever. I just didn't purchase it. Asuri looks very odd, especially the helmet, and it also met with quite a bit of criticism from the playerbase. People will still say it looks weird. Personally, I use it with the Nova Prime helmet. I think it's a very nice combination.

Look, at no point have I advocated for changing any cosmetic. I even said this skin is not a bad design, because I actually think it looks really cool. I just don't think it fits Nidus.

Why are you being so adamant that I'm somehow wrong, and acting as though I've said it should be changed, when all I've said is I don't think it fits Nidus? I have not once said that any action should be taken based on my subjective opinion, because it absolutely shouldn't. I can see a lot of people like it, and that's good for them. I'm sure they'll be happy with it. But I have a different opinion. Am I only allowed to state my opinion when it fits with the consensus? What exactly is the problem here?

Ok, I don't want to be THAT guy, I really, REALLY liked that skin, it does look excellent but... what is that? He is the infested frame and all, what does any of that have to do with infestation? It's not just about the shiny metal thingies but also those ghostly arms hugging him and all sorts of weird stuff that doesnt ring any bells. You see Saryn deluxe: she is a flower. Ash: he is still a ninja. Nekros: he is still spoopy. Trinity: instead of lobster tail she had a big fish mouth eating her (can't be unseen). Octavia's deluxe still has her bass boosters and so on.

If this was Nidus Prime that'd be kinda acceptable because we know how much love the Orokin have for gold and they would add gold into anything they can. But as a deluxe I fail to see the concept behind it. I know, I'm kinda being overly dramatic but I just want to see your opinions <_<

It doesn't have to do anything to do with the original frame.

Nothing says it has to have a reference to the original. DE said themselves deluxes are meant to be a step away from the original.

This isn't Prime nor is this Proto. People are forgetting this so again, doesn't have to be like Nidus. Also, what's the point of having yet another infested design when we already have one? I.e. his default.

Edited by Valiant

3 hours ago, Valiant said:

Nothing says it has to have a reference to the original. DE said themselves deluxes are meant to be a step away from the original.

This isn't Prime nor is this Proto. People are forgetting this so again, doesn't have to be like Nidus.

Couldn't have said it better. 

3 hours ago, Archeyef said:

Why are you being so adamant that I'm somehow wrong, and acting as though I've said it should be changed, when all I've said is I don't think it fits Nidus? I have not once said that any action should be taken based on my subjective opinion, because it absolutely shouldn't. I can see a lot of people like it, and that's good for them. I'm sure they'll be happy with it. But I have a different opinion. Am I only allowed to state my opinion when it fits with the consensus? What exactly is the problem here?

Where have I expressed that your opinion is wrong? All I'm saying is that the deluxe fits nidus in the way that Frost Harka fits Frost or Saryn Orchid fits Saryn, If you were to take out the armor from mutation and the secondary arms on the chest the similarities between the two is like comparing a prime to a non primed frame. It might be a big change but it's not a complete change as with Maestra or Asuri if you were to look at it in the way that flesh has become chitin 

6 minutes ago, Valiant said:

It doesn't have to do anything to do with the original frame.

This isn't Prime nor is this Proto. People are forgetting this so again, doesn't have to be like Nidus. Also, what's the point of having yet another infested design when we already have one? I.e. his default.

I dunno, he could at least be more infestey? It just seems weird that the infested frame deluxe skin looks that nice and polished while the infestation itself is quite... messed up.

I know it doesn't have to be a reference to the original, but at least sticking to the theme is what deluxe skins seems to be doing lately, as you can see with most of deluxe skins. And DE never said it is a step AWAY from the original, it is a different approach on the original concept. For instance: Mag deluxe's and many others.

Also: what are those ghostly arms? Why? <_<

Edited by Nitro747

1 minute ago, TermiteFrame said:

Nova's deluxe skin doesn't have a lot to do with antimatter.

It has on the concept. She is an Asura on the skin and you can get the reference of atomic explosions and other crazy stuff Asuras used to do.

Same as Nyx's Nemesis skin. If you know the Nemesis reference, you'll get it will stay on the theme.

The thing I really want to know is: what really is infested in there? Why are we still here? AND WHAT ARE THOSE GHOSTLY ARMS HUGGING HIS CHEST? <.<

And who gave him a wedgie ?

Well it probably is a matter of taste, but i think it's fugly as hell,same as the Nezha concept of the same artist.

Harrow Graxx skin for example is more like it should be done.

just my 2 cents

1 minute ago, ShadowExodus said:

Where have I expressed that your opinion is wrong? All I'm saying is that the deluxe fits nidus in the way that Frost Harka fits Frost or Saryn Orchid fits Saryn, If you were to take out the armor from mutation and the secondary arms on the chest the similarities between the two is like comparing a prime to a non primed frame. It might be a big change but it's not a complete change as with Maestra or Asuri if you were to look at it in the way that flesh has become chitin 

Fair enough. Perhaps I was confused by you asking twice what frame it would fit with, when I'd never said it would fit another frame. In any case, I read this as a common reaction to differing opinions seen here on the forums, so I apologize if I assumed too much.

I suppose that's where we'll have to simply disagree, though. As I said before, I would have liked it to maintain a more organic look, than the spectral/armored direction that was taken. I don't think that fits with Nidus. That's really all I've been trying to say, and I thought I'd made that clear. In my opinion, you also can't really ignore elements of a design to say it fits, because they are still elements of the design. You have to look at the whole package. And in my opinion, the whole package does not fit Nidus.

13 minutes ago, TermiteFrame said:

Nova's deluxe skin doesn't have a lot to do with antimatter.

Nova's deluxe was also arguably awful...and a lot of people said so before and after release.

21 minutes ago, Valiant said:

DE said themselves deluxes are meant to be a step away from the original.

A step certainly - not a giant LEAP though.