Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag buff

Maybe she gets something like saryn´s upcoming spore ability? A dmg stacking ability, like i dont know...dealing 1000 magnetic dmg from any source gives you a stack repulsive (just a idea for the name, since her first ability is pull and she is something like a magnet, maybe it could also be called push...), wich works like a buff and you deal X more dmg (with your weapon) per repulsive stack for the rest of the mission, but you also can use an abiity to consume the stacks and deal more dmg with that ability, i dont know something like that, it could be her new passive maybe???

Overall she is good...but a little rework buff could never be bad, i mean sayrn was also in a good spot, but she also got an upcoming rework....that i like.... 😉

Edited by Granitore

Mag is in an incredible spot right now and is only in need of a couple of tweaks

Pull: needs to actually pull enemies, rather than just putting them on the floor

Magnetise: have a stronger pull to the centre just so enemies stay in there

Polarise: give armour/shield stripping a % value

Crush: fine as it is imo

13 hours ago, xXHobbitXx said:

so you and your friend cant adequately mod or use mag = needs buff? interesting

well, she has really been nerfed to a status effect, like because of the new void status, thats one of mags abilities on something else, weapons such as the braton, or any high fire rate weapons, that are status strip the enemies faster than her, like oberon only needs to do his combo twice and they are stripped. She really isnt that good of a frame

6 hours ago, giglyfoot said:

LOL when? 

The only 'nerf' Mag has ever received is when bosses were no longer CC'd by crush (like phorid is now).

and the nerf she got when there was no limit on the rep gain system which hurt her a lot 

13 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Based on a very specific criteria of armour strip, she needs a buff? What about her cc, shields and damage?

Also, why is this in General Discussion, hmm?

a lot of other frames can cc and her shields dont really matter if she pops like a balloon  and her damage isnt great compared to 90% of the other frames

12 hours ago, MagPrime said:

While I'm never against a buff for Mag or her Prime, I have to admit that I actually fell off my bed from laughing while reading the opening post. 

Thank you, I feel much better.

This was the comment I was waiting for after first seeing this topic awhile back.  I also laughed quite hard after reading it the first time.  I just didn't want to comment until the great MagPrime had said her piece.  😀 

16 hours ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

Ever since mag got nerfed, she has gotten thrown in the gutter and has to rely on her weapons to survive. One of my clan mates went into the simulacram to attempt to prove that she is still viable. Needless to say that it didnt go well. With a full power strength build it took him almost 20 times to strip a heavy gunner, while any other weapon (excluding crit weapons and fang prime) can strip it quicker than mag.

Conclusion: she needs a bit of a buff

Is this a serious post?

2 hours ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

a lot of other frames can cc

So?

her shields dont really matter if she pops like a balloon

Don't play her in ridiculously high levels then.

her damage isnt great compared to 90% of the other frames

:crylaugh:

16 hours ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

Ever since mag got nerfed, she has gotten thrown in the gutter and has to rely on her weapons to survive. One of my clan mates went into the simulacram to attempt to prove that she is still viable. Needless to say that it didnt go well. With a full power strength build it took him almost 20 times to strip a heavy gunner, while any other weapon (excluding crit weapons and fang prime) can strip it quicker than mag.

Conclusion: she needs a bit of a buff

thats your mistake who builds mag for full power strength lol, also just use her 4 (with aug) 2x and then her 3 and boom 100% armor strip also with as low as 110% power str, i can make a bubble that CCs and absorbs damage that will then do so much AOE damage that it will kill everything regardless of how much armor they have

I don't know what you're smoking OP, but Mag got a massive buff not long ago. She was already one of the best damage dealers in the game before that, now she's also relatively easy to play. Although looking at your post, I'm starting to think that pressing a few buttons at the appropriate time while aiming in a particular direction is perhaps really hard.

2 hours ago, YandereWaifu said:

thats your mistake who builds mag for full power strength lol, also just use her 4 (with aug) 2x and then her 3 and boom 100% armor strip also with as low as 110% power str, i can make a bubble that CCs and absorbs damage that will then do so much AOE damage that it will kill everything regardless of how much armor they have

theres other warframes that can do that such as nova and nyx

Try your simulacrum test again with a Drakgoon, or a tetra/supra modded with punchthrough. If survival is your issue, I suggest using the counter-pulse augment.

Also: lots of caster frames need weapons to fully unlock their potential (i.e. current Link-Trin broken meta). If you're trying to survive by abilities alone, stick to Rhino or Limbo. Mag is just fine after her last rework.

is this actually a joke thread ? mag is so powerful i cant understand what this is about. even without fracturing crush her anti armor capabilities are okay for AoE of this type. with fracturing crush that can be improved more and generally she has silly damage. she has much...from overshields, to CC, anti armor and did i mention the silly damage ? sure without fracturing crush removing all armor cannot be instantly done, but its AoE. measuring a frame just based on direct armor removal is wrong. anti armor is always strong and she has some of it, again with fracturing crush it can be improved further besides simply going for some power strenght, but its the whole frame that counts, not just a portion. also...4x CP is a thing...weapon/frame synergy is a thing...corrosive proccs are a thing. properly used mag is destruction.

if u cant succeed with her then maybe try a different approach rather than blaming the frame itself.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

i see 0 people use mag unless they are new to the game

Your experience is not representative of anyone elses but your own.

You don't see anyone playing Mag, I regularly see people play Mag.

Neither are an argument in favour of balance changes.

Edited by DeMonkey

1 minute ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

That would explain why you made this topic.  Because you haven't seen seen someone using her, so you test one ability badly, then make a topic saying the whole frame sux after your poor test.  

You could have at least tried to do a little research first before saying the things you've said in the OP.  Heck I don't see many Rhino players, but that doesn't mean the frame sucks.  

7 minutes ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

So if I see a frame or a weapon that I don’t see that often in public squad missions, it then has to be buffed because it’s seen less often? What? C’mon, that’s just silly you and know that.

theres other warframes that can do that such as nova and nyx

nova will never outdamage or out scale a mag, simply because her damage is limited whilst mags scales hell saryn does novas job better nyx has a small chance to disarm whilst mag has a higher chance with her augment, but mag will also 100% cc and stop enemies with her 3 augment also niether of those can strip armor, thus ash and banshee would have been a better comparison.

17 hours ago, giglyfoot said:

With that 40% duration you can kill an entire group of lvl 150+ infested ***buffed*** by disruptors by magnetizing/killing a ***charger*** with an aoe and/or punch-thru weapon; a hikou prime with concealed explosives is more than sufficient

how about we dont worry about the weapons but instead the frame itself. so lets see you survive 10 min in mot with a mk1 braton with no mods on it, see how versatile she is then