Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another topic about Homophobia....

arimanari

Just now, Senketsu_ said:

I am in no way bullying you. You what you posted. "I wouldnt know, im gay" was a declaration of your sexual orientation even if you didn't mean it to be. thats the issue. No one want to disguse any kind of sexuality on a video game where they just want to have fun. if you really want to discuss it. PM the person. 

How is that bad? How is that a reason to be banned???????? I was asked if i like the girls in my country, and i replied "i wouldnt know, i am gay". Why in the world would i hide my sexuality? Unless you want me to hide it, keep my sexuality to my self, not stir the pot, which makes you homophobic.

5 minutes ago, arimanari said:

What if i say " I play games with my boyfriend" and then im asked "oh you chick?" ......

then you clarify that you're a homosexual, because now the topic has veered into that

6 minutes ago, arimanari said:

I never said i am gay cause i wanted to advertise myself. 

21 minutes ago, arimanari said:

i got suspended for 48 hours, first offense ever, for saying "I wouldn't know, I'm g*y" in region chat....

while that's not really advertising, you brought it out of left field for no good reason

now, the fact that saying Gay gets you silenced is pretty silly on the filters part though

Edited by goga_gola

Just now, arimanari said:

I know that i am being attacked by only straight guys right now and I have zero understanding and support from people who actually experienced what I have experienced.

5 minutes ago, Screamlord_Star said:

for instance, the fact that im bisexual doesn't add anything to my argument (except as an example), and you didn't need to know

4 minutes ago, Screamlord_Star said:

sigh

no, your irrational, overly sensitive, and missing the point

i rest my case

1 minute ago, arimanari said:

I know that i am being attacked by only straight guys right now and I have zero understanding and support from people who actually experienced what I have experienced.

are you a mind reader then? or are you assuming my orientation and gender?

Just now, Cicasajt said:

"im gay give me attention please!"

If anything, this is the only comment in this entire thread that's any bit of offensive. 

You need to calm down and reconsider past comments. Use the pillow method. 

you are being very intolerant of other people right now. You are the one who posted an unnecessary topic on the forums. We are simply telling you what the better chat etiquette would have been. These kind of posts are also not allowed if im not mistaken. What you should do is contact support and discuss it with the support team. Not make a topic that calls attention to yourself.

It seems your missing the point, typing g-y or f-g inadvertently into chat wont get you banned as it is not directed towards any party or person, however admittance or direction towards a person or party can be.  

The fact that you think you're now being bullied by the community tells me you have a giant chip on your shoulder, and the fact that you felt the need to address this on the forums tells me the rest.

1 minute ago, Senketsu_ said:

you are being very intolerant of other people right now. You are the one who posted an unnecessary topic on the forums. We are simply telling you what the better chat etiquette would have been. These kind of posts are also not allowed if im not mistaken. What you should do is contact support and discuss it with the support team. Not make a topic that calls attention to yourself.

I just need you to tell me why me saying i have a boyfriend in the chats is offensive but when people say they have girlfriends, its ok.. Doesnt that mean that one is gay and one is straight? Why one is ok and other isnt? No one gets banned for being straight, for saying "I'm straight", for advertising their straightness non stop. You are missing the point. Why gay people must hide?

OP:

Look at this entire thread, what is happening right now, the replies, the back-and-forth-going-circles argumentation, how it is de-evolving into a flame war soon enough.

This....!

This is why politics, religion and sexuality and any slur words related to them are never allowed in any public game chat (and even in some clans!) with zero tolerance rules in place. It's either you allow it all or none of it. The stupidity of humanity won't allow a middle road to be taken. Nobody's rights are being trampled.  There is a time and place for these topics, gaming chat rooms are never it.

4 minutes ago, arimanari said:

How is that bad? How is that a reason to be banned???????? I was asked if i like the girls in my country, and i replied "i wouldnt know, i am gay". Why in the world would i hide my sexuality? Unless you want me to hide it, keep my sexuality to my self, not stir the pot, which makes you homophobic.

see you need to provide context. You didnt in your OP all you said was that you got banned for saying you were gay. also you can have an opinion on women even if you dont find them sexually attractive. But yeah, you need to provide context in your OP or its just going to make you sound like your only looking for attention.

1 minute ago, MystMan said:

OP:

Look at this entire thread, what is happening right now, the replies, the back-and-forth-going-circles argumentation, how it is de-evolving into a flame war soon enough.

This....!

This is why politics, religion and sexuality and any slur words related to them are never allowed in any public game chat (and even in some clans!) with zero tolerance rules in place. It's either you allow it all or none of it. The stupidity of humanity won't allow a middle road to be taken. Nobody's rights are being trampled.  There is a time and place for these topics, gaming chat rooms are never it.

At least one person with a brain.

1 minute ago, Senketsu_ said:

see you need to provide context. You didnt in your OP all you said was that you got banned for saying you were gay. also you can have an opinion on women even if you dont find them sexually attractive. But yeah, you need to provide context in your OP or its just going to make you sound like your only looking for attention.

Again you are missing the point. Should i go to the chat and cap  I AM STRAIGHT, BREEDER, YEAH BABY!... nothing will happen

2 minutes ago, arimanari said:

I just need you to tell me why me saying i have a boyfriend in the chats is offensive but when people say they have girlfriends, its ok.. Doesnt that mean that one is gay and one is straight? Why one is ok and other isnt? No one gets banned for being straight, for saying "I'm straight", for advertising their straightness non stop. You are missing the point. Why gay people must hide?

you can say you have a boyfriend, or a girlfriend. And you can just leave it at that. you dont need to divulge your gender or sexuality and still get the message across. and if people dive deeper simply answer. Im a guy/girl, and boom problem solved, and if people still try to attack you theres that wonderful button called the block/mute option, to which you can make any harasser go away.

At least one person with a brain.

I LITERALLY told you the exact same thing diptard.

Again you are missing the point. Should i go to the chat and cap  I AM STRAIGHT, BREEDER, YEAH BABY!... nothing will happen

no I got the point from your first post. and yes something would happen if you posted that in chat. Because all caps posts arent allowed.

Just now, Senketsu_ said:

you can say you have a boyfriend, or a girlfriend. And you can just leave it at that. you dont need to divulge your gender or sexuality and still get the message across. and if people dive deeper simply answer. Im a guy/girl, and boom problem solved, and if people still try to attack you theres that wonderful button called the block/mute option, to which you can make any harasser go away.

Dude, for the nth time, i never advertised myself. I was simply asked if i like the girls in my country (by someone who was advertising massively how straight they are) and i said simply that I don't know ,can't tell, simply cause I'm gay. My problem is with DE finding the word "gay" offensive, while hundreds of others far more damaging are OKAY.

6 minutes ago, Laveillon said:

I'm just surprized, that while poor DE are sweating their blood out, just to give us their long awaited update, there are people here, bragging about nonsense.

Can we please, keep the forum clean?

yeah I should have probably just reported this so that it wouldnt have DErailed as long as it did. 

Dude, for the nth time, i never advertised myself. I was simply asked if i like the girls in my country (by someone who was advertising massively how straight they are) and i said simply that I don't know ,can't tell, simply cause I'm gay. My problem is with DE finding the word "gay" offensive, while hundreds of others far more damaging are OKAY.

And for the umpteenth time. even if you didnt mean to. that kind of statement(I wouldn't know im gay) is an advertisement to your sexuality. 

Edited by Senketsu_
fixed incivility