The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is liberalism bad for the gaming market?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

I personally don't even see it as a joke.  It ain't funny, and the fact that people think he looks like a chick just is kinda proof of their ignorance of other cultures. 

I own a social media group for Crossplayers and the like, practically all of them use the term "trap" in a positive way, so far no one has complained about the term or anything, maybe some people draw a line between crossdressers and traps depending on age or style, there are also transgender people in the group, no one is offended by being called or by hearing the word.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

I personally don't even see it as a joke.  It ain't funny, and the fact that people think he looks like a chick just is kinda proof of their ignorance of other cultures.  😕

I don't find it funny either, There're some ovjectively bad things to joke on (abortions etc) but you gotta acknowledge that different cultures have different values on subjective stuff. You may think a parade with mild nudity is bad enough, brazil does one extravagantly without a care, japan has one where they parade a literal giant @#&$ statue. Traps aren't funny enough to even make you chuckle, but the culture it came from does (hek, nezha was a trap even in the legends iirc - i was wrong (but he was feminin)).

13 minutes ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

Loaded words is one of the malicious tools.

This one kinda got over my head

Edited by (PS4)watt4hem

1 minute ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I own a social media group for Crossplayers and the like, practically all of them use the term "trap" in a positive way, so far no one has complained about the term or anything, maybe some people draw a line between crossdressers and traps depending on age or style, there are also transgender people in the group, no one is offended by being called or by hearing the word.

That's great for them, but that's not everyone.  That being said, the Chinese prince on whom Nezha is based isn't affiliated with any of that, so my point stands....there's nothing but disrespect for the source material when people get on about the trap crap.   Mind you, I'm not calling for bans or anything....I'm just saying...it ain't funny >.>

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

That's great for them, but that's not everyone.  That being said, the Chinese prince on whom Nezha is based isn't affiliated with any of that, so my point stands....there's nothing but disrespect for the source material when people get on about the trap crap.   Mind you, I'm not calling for bans or anything....I'm just saying...it ain't funny >.>

Long ago when I was at a friend's house I stumbled upon an illustrated book about Nezha, I was just flipping the pages and not even reading, all this time I thought it was a girl, specially after some kind of reincarnation took place, fast forward to the present when I am looking for pics of the warframe and I find pictures from the same book, then I realize, it was the same, interesting, at least when it came to said book turns out that version of Nezha was a trap all these years, at least for me and only if we take it as a meme word, disrespect? I don't know, it would be like getting angry on behalf of someone who may not even care in the first place, like how a lot of people get angry on my behalf when Mario was given a festive Mexican attire in Mario Oddyssey.

The source of said book.
http://www.rotoscopers.com/2015/01/07/forgotten-gems-in-animation-prince-nezhas-triumph-against-dragon-king/

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

4 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

I don't find it funny either, There're some ovjectively bad things to joke on (abortions etc) but you gotta acknowledge that different cultures have different values on subjective stuff. You may think a parade with mild nudity is bad enough, brazil does one extravagantly without a care, japan has one where they parade a literal giant @#&$ statue. Traps aren't funny enough to even make you chuckle, but the culture it came from does (hek, nezha was a trap even in the legends iirc).

This one kinda got over my head

It's when someone changes words or the thesaurus concept of it to fit a political or other standpoint to make the words sound good, bad, or different. 

Just now, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

Career criminals and politicians ruins peoples days by starting small. On the forms we tell them no.

Funnily enough, DE are neither of those things.

And quite frankly, if the game ends up ruining your day then you're too attached to the point where it's arguably unhealthy.

And your comment does nothing to refute the fact that your topic is another pointless meta-complaint with unneeded bombast.

7 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Funnily enough, DE are neither of those things.

And quite frankly, if the game ends up ruining your day then you're too attached to the point where it's arguably unhealthy.

And your comment does nothing to refute the fact that your topic is another pointless meta-complaint with unneeded bombast.

I didn't think about upvoting my main profile with a smurf account.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Warframe is Warframe as long as he agrees with it. Otherwise it is being ruined by the spooky SJWs. He then goes on to paint him and others like him as the only ones giving good feedback.

There might also be something about how using OP things is just knowing the game really well and DE should just not do anything about it.

He might have also started a thread in every other subsection in the forums.

Sorry, who's *he*? 

1 hour ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

If it looks like Nezha, rants like AGGP, and gets people to demand a nerf to the game, then they need to solve their problems instead of solving products that has noting to do with their societal point of view.

I think you need to take a step back and see who’s the real person who’s ranting 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

It's a dr who fan.

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Given the context, it should be obvious. The OP.

These two comments contradict eachother... Also, the context didn't make it seem like it was the OP, but I'm. Imma go with that 

2 minutes ago, Arniox said:

These two comments contradict eachother... Also, the context didn't make it seem like it was the OP, but I'm. Imma go with that 

You asked who I was referring to. The comment you quoted was quoting another post that was quoting the OP.

There are links in the quotes to take you to the quoted post.

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

You asked who I was referring to. The comment you quoted was quoting another post that was quoting the OP.

There are links in the quotes to take you to the quoted post.

But I mean the way the comment was made, made it sound like he was referencing someone externally. That's why I asked. Anyways, don't really matter. Forums is so boring now with the same complaints over and over, year after year 

Edited by Arniox