Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List of required nerfs

Ryunokage

On 2018-05-23 at 7:23 AM, TzXtetriC said:

Why dont we nerf everything till the point where everyone quits warframe and go plays another thing? I dont like several playstyles but no one here is anyone to force ppl to play the way they want... search for another squad if your uncomfortable with it.
Im ok with balance 

so pull a bungee

On 2018-05-23 at 1:36 AM, Ryunokage said:

As the title states, this post is a list of things in the game, be they weapon or warframe that needs to a relook. Its not a static list and i expect it to grow as other members of the community make their own suggestions.

Warframe abilities:

1. Trinity link

• frequently used in conjunction with explosive/self damaging weapons
  • ignores line of sight
  • many builds allow trinity to cover whole maps with impunity
  • current iteration also lends itself to automation. Cast ability, detonate explosives on self, repeat.
  • combination of extreme range, functioning through walls/obstacles and automation - severely affects play experience for other players in the game
  • Suggestion: Change link's damage absorbtion to ignore self damage weapons, ie trinity abusing link with self damage would blow themselves up.

2. Equinox mend/maim

• extreme range
  • ignores line of sight
  • combined with whip weapons like the atterax, allows for rapid build up of stored damage
  • this functions synergistically with whip spin spam, players using this can rapidly build up stored damage with a few executions of their macro, before unleashing the stored damage to hit enemies in a very wide radious
  • very disruptive in confined game modes, such as onslaught, defense. Smaller map sizes and plenty of intervening obstacles prevents other players on the team from engaging in combat, when enemies do appear they're sufficiently clustered for the spin-spammer to wipe them out in a second and at the same time build a large stack of damage to wipe the rest of the map as well.
  • Suggestion: unsure, this will likely become difficult to do once melee range nerfs take effect, but all the same it needs to at least be stopped by line of sight.

Weapons:

1. Spin attack melee

• even following the recent change in their mechanic that prevented players from using this through walls, spin spam continues to severely affect group playstyles.
  • large area of effect
  • rapid attack speed when used in conjunction with whips and polearms.
  • no penalties or limitations to its use
    • players free to use this with impunity 
  • allows singular players to very often wipe groups of enemies out in a single strike
    • problem exacerbated by use of macros that allow repeated spam.
  • Suggestion: Implementing spin attack recovery animations, with variations among the weapon classes
    • further differentiates weapon classes with one another with more specific benefits and costs between them. May make for more meaningful weapon selection
    • example: polearm/whip: 2 seconds to recover, vs sparring weapons, nil recovery period

2. Flame throwers

• ease of use, large ammo pool
  • wide area of effect with innate punch through
  • short range innate to this weapon class negated by tight confines of most of warframe's environments
  • vfx block line of sight for other players, making it hard to land shots with precision, slow cycle weapons, like sniper rifles, bows etc.
  • suggestion: reduce clip sizes and ammo pool for flame throwers, while increasing damage and reload time.
    • Encourage use of weapon in short bursts for effectiveness, vs hosing down an area for extended periods of time.

Proposed Solution:

Play Solo.

On 2018-05-23 at 2:48 AM, AnGeL_KRoM said:

We really need to nerf everything. No only in the game, but also in real life and the universe.  The sun is really OP in my opinion because it burns. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

But the Sun only burns in Line-of-Sight, so that's the balance.  Plus it has a 12 hr cooldown timer AND is weak vs Radiation resistance.  

On 2018-05-23 at 6:31 AM, Sergster said:

So, it is a flame thrower.

It's a Flammenwerfer, It werfs flammen.

Seriously though, Beam weapons just now became a reliable option. The Ignis is easily the Second best Beam Weapon. It is supposed to saturate areas with fire. If you want to use a Bow and Arrow in competition with someone who is using a Flamer, don't be surprised if all you see if a great ball of fire.

Things that occur repeatedly are bad, right?

You forgot something, nerf the means of gaining energy from abilities, operator and pads.
Bring back the Stamina Bar. So you run for a limited time and melee for a limited time.
Remove bullet jump, as it is repetitive. It also gives us a mobility advantage over the enemy.
Add 'transference overheat', so a player only has one rev per mission, and has to remain idle when they kill 25 enemies or more in less than 20 seconds.

If a singular player is not supposed to take down a group of enemies in a single strike, why are there so many abilities that allow it to occur.

On 2018-05-26 at 10:02 PM, Ryunokage said:

Not enough, better to remove options that allow players to cheese the game. 

let's see here;

listed items include, a unique and well thought out synergy between a rarely used weapon and a formally dead ability

a warframe who's ability was built around AoE, and there for asking for line of sight is like asking for a LoS grenade explosion (also working as intended since it requires you to KILL THE ENEMY to charge the nuke)

while for weapons you listed a currently dying game type? Just leave melee out of this, he's suffered enough from the wall nerf (and incoming nerf "rework")

recommendations: maybe stop complaining about anything and everything that kills better than you do, stop posting subjective opinions as a community-wide NEED, and stop forcing others to bend to your playstyle (or lack thereof) simply because you're not having "fun"

This game used to also cater to the vets, to those who were determined and hardworking enough to learn every mechanic and synergy, and there used to be rewards for that. Now the forums are filled with posts of people complaining about kills and whining about MUH FUN 

On 2018-05-23 at 5:36 PM, Ryunokage said:

Suggestion: Change link's damage absorbtion to ignore self damage weapons, ie trinity abusing link with self damage would blow themselves up

If they're going to nerf trinitys link at all, please do it this way. Otherwise it'll destroy abating link builds which is what I've used with her for a long time. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)XephonixAwesome said:

its a hack n' slash type game, not dark souls

lol everything is cheese in this game then. Kill bunch of enemies just by looking at them, make all enemies shoot a ball and blow themselves up in 50m radius, you can be invisible for forever without any effort, press 4 to enter auto aim mode with a minigun and so on.

I didn’t want to say this but It’s not worth our time listening to these guys anymore. Let’s remove Mesa’s peace maker first then see how people get upset. But it’s basically a cheese it has to be removed aswell.

It’s the game modes and level design that has to evolove first THEN playable charaters.

Edited by (PS4)johnsoigne

1 hour ago, Arniox said:

If they're going to nerf trinitys link at all, please do it this way. Otherwise it'll destroy abating link builds which is what I've used with her for a long time. 

Why though?  I mean, people use Nova's abilities to speed things up when it was designed to slow things down...all by thinking outside the box.  Maybe Trin needs a slight retooling but not like this was a completely hacked way of using the skill.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Why though?  I mean, people use Nova's abilities to speed things up when it was designed to slow things down...all by thinking outside the box.  Maybe Trin needs a slight retooling but not like this was a completely hacked way of using the skill.

No she doesn't need a retooling. If they retooled her or changed her ability, it's highly likely they would inadvertently nerf the abating link build. Literally just change her self damage and i would be fine. Heaps of other abilities where changes to get rid of self damage. This should be the same. She doesn't need self damage and the only reason people want it is for nuke builds. 

3 hours ago, Arniox said:

No she doesn't need a retooling. If they retooled her or changed her ability, it's highly likely they would inadvertently nerf the abating link build. Literally just change her self damage and i would be fine. Heaps of other abilities where changes to get rid of self damage. This should be the same. She doesn't need self damage and the only reason people want it is for nuke builds. 

Mind you I don't use this build, but...does it not make sense that if her damage gets transferred to the linked enemy, that then one might consider using that as a tactic?  It is exactly how the skill is designed.  It's not like one is bug abusing or anything, is all I mean to say.

On 2018-05-23 at 3:36 PM, Ryunokage said:

2. Flame throwers

• ease of use, large ammo pool
  • wide area of effect with innate punch through
  • short range innate to this weapon class negated by tight confines of most of warframe's environments
  • vfx block line of sight for other players, making it hard to land shots with precision, slow cycle weapons, like sniper rifles, bows etc.
  • suggestion: reduce clip sizes and ammo pool for flame throwers, while increasing damage and reload time.
    • Encourage use of weapon in short bursts for effectiveness, vs hosing down an area for extended periods of time.

just say ignis we all know what you mean

There’s 1 thing they should really nerf first and foremost. It’s stupid rng Riven mods. Although I have 90 riven slots and a lot of more than 1k worth rivens I would happily see them become worth nothing. Not because I lose my plat but because it will stop making fella tennos into a stupid riven crackheads who all they do all day long is flipping riven mod slot machine and talk about riven and how good they are at this game by having a peudo groll riven and doesn’t have a damn clue how the game really works. Riven system is the reason behind this community going toxic can’t you see?

Edited by (PS4)johnsoigne