Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has anyone asked for a Sanctuary Mode w/o efficiency?

(PSN)StarDustKillah

Was just curious.

I know DE wants this to be "Bite Sized" content, but this Efficiency mechanic is... oppressive?

It doesn't like Warframes that are Defensive & CC oriented. And Loadouts that are more intimate, like bleeding enemies dry with a melee & a Hydroid. If you don't run a mass AOE Murder Damage frame... Sanctuary isn't for you it feels like.

It'd be nice to just take frames & a Team setup that is well rounded or all about surviving, idk. The only real way to play this is absolutely overpower enemies you would ordinarily fodderize (W/ only about 3 real Warframe candidates outta 20 somethin). We already do that in the ordinary game... We wanted something different here, this was described as an almost Deep Dungeon.

I want to fight enemies that are worth this firepower. But I can't do that... The efficiency mechanic kicks me out before we can get to those opponents.

Has anyone made a thread expressing similar feelings?

I had this idea of the whole efficiency drain over time being replaced by 2:30s timer and a required amount of enemies killed in this time alike to Extermination missions, the amount required to progress would increase as players progress through the zones.

It would also be nice if there were rewards provided for overcoming the limit, though I am unable to specify what kind of a reward, perhaps just standing for Simaris?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)StarDustKillah said:

Has anyone made a thread expressing similar feelings?

There have been threads complaining in one way or another about efficiency, yes.

Regular survival may be more up your alley. Life support is a bit more lax.

I know this feeling all to well. When i read that enemies can reach to level 280 or  so, i was reaslly hyped. I wanted to see if i was capable to fight them.

But thsi efficecny stops me from even get there, let alone past the third wave, and no, you cant ''git gud'' on something like this when teh effececny is your worst enemy (and thus i wont be able to test my might at the high leveled areas). No matter how FAST i am, the efficency goes down faster than the speed of light.

In my case, its never been about the rewards but the journey, and getting to that point when enemies are over level 200, is like my happy place, as wierd as it sounds.Even if i would get, i dunno, 20 endo for finishing a level 280 round, i be happy still.

Edited by Sasha_The_Lynx

2 minutes ago, VadiseReikaz said:

There have been threads complaining in one way or another about efficiency, yes.

Regular survival may be more up your alley. Life support is a bit more lax.

I've got melee weapons that sashimi155 Corrupted Bombards & Heavy Gunners in about 10 seconds... I don't want to play Survival for 2 hours before the fun starts...

I just want a version of this w/ no efficiency... that's really it.

I want to fight high level content, w/o wasting hours of my life to just begin fighting those things...

10 minutes ago, Sasha_The_Lynx said:

In my case, its never been about the rewards but the journey, and getting to that point when enemies are over level 200, is like my happy place, as wierd as it sounds.Even if i would get, i dunno, 20 endo for finishing a level 280 round, i be happy still.

I am in the same boat as you. All the grinding, the forma duped into my loadout, the Kuva dumped into my Rivens would have a real "Purpose"

Just now, (PS4)StarDustKillah said:

I am in the same boat as you. All the grinding, the forma duped into my loadout, the Kuva dumped into my Rivens would have a real "Purpose"

Yeah. I jut want to try my stuff out on content that is WAY higher than waht the sortie missions can offer. Feels like that this sanctuary thing is more of a tease at this point when teh efficecny is in our way.

No like a "Enemies Killied" Objective, Defending an object or person before it's killed by enemies, Secure a single area before it's take it over.

Given the tools available to us, the players, how are any of those actually difficult?

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Given the tools available to us, the players, how are any of those actually difficult?

The difficulty is the enemies, not the objectives. The objectives should just try to stop cheese.

And efficiency is a failure when using that logic... Case in point, I'm playing with a friend now, he's been in & out of Warframe. He enjoys his time when he's back, but he's out again after a week or two

Helping him get Khora, I'm using Hydroid Prime & Prisma Gorgon... I had to AFK for a minute, our efficiency dropped to 20%... I can mow down a mob of about 15 to 20 corrupted level 70 Grineer in about 2 second. Not even a whole clip...

We still failed b/c of efficiency... He's running Octavia so he's making a ton of them murder themsleves... Efficiency isn't difficulty... it's just an inconvenience. It's waay too aggressive imo. So aggressive I'd like to have the option to not see it

The difficulty is the enemies

Not when the exact same build being used in SO now would be even more effective at the mode.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)StarDustKillah said:

The objectives should just try to stop cheese.

By making the mode entirely cheesable and able to go as long as the players weren't comatose?

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Not when the exact same build being used in SO now would be even more effective at the mode.

So you just admitted efficiency doesn't do it's "Intended Job". It effectively only promotes 2 to 3 Warframes. Cool

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

By making the mode entirely cheesable and able to go as long as the players weren't comatose?

And a large amount of the Community for sure couldn't complete those objectives w/ level 280 enemies. I'd bet my life on that

14 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Allow higher enemy scaling. "the exact same build being used in SO now would be even more effective at the mode" makes me think you never faced 500lvl+ enemies. The same methods would definitely not work if you had to kill a certain amount of enemies within a given time frame.

People want to face tougher enemies without waiting forever. Just give us tough enemies at the beginning and let them scale as high as they can. Cheese would not allow you to kill enough enemies and squads would need to work together. Efficiency is actually what makes the mode too easy. The best way to deal with it is as cheesy as this game can be. Who kills level 100-150 the fastest? What weapon builds do the best? Yup, all cheese.