Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.5

[DE]Megan

Ok I get what you guys are going for, basically making it so the player base has to actually engage the enemy to keep the spore damage relevant. Still one problem.

The decay rate of the spores is too great at present, maybe reduce it by half. In onslaught you can recast it almost immediately since the enemies spawn so fast, but for the rest of the game the you really feel the decay. 

Gotta say, the changes are not so severe as I was expecting tho 

59 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Removed spread on enemies that die to a Spore’s tick damage. 

I honestly think this nerf is too much. Maybe balance how many new enemies can be affected by one enemy dying to spores (even 1 enemy would be enough), but completely letting the spore disappear is really inconvenient for players that modded Saryn for high strength. At mid level enemy missions, when I press 1 with my 210 % Strength Saryn, a single enemy is affected by the spore, and while I'm still finishing my casting animation the enemy alredy takes his first hit and dies. Now what? The Spore is gone, and I have nothing to hit to produce a spreading of spores.

40 minutes ago, Puri-Puri-Prisoner said:

My only problem with this patch is the Saryn nerf, she was fine as she was and I tried to go in with an open mind, she was fun and not quite overpowered yet, But now after just one game as her the "Removed spread on enemies that die to a Spore’s tick damage." is surprisingly harsh that change alone has destroyed any fun I had with her, a shame as I had loved the idea of plague frame.

I fully agree with this player. I had so much fun, letting the Spores spread through hordes of enemies, with me running around, accelerating the killing of enemies so that even more spores would be spread. Now I have to run around constantly pressing 1, until my energy is used up... that's not fun at all.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Melee attacks now freely pass through enemies in Range (i.e an enemy cannot block another enemy from being hit).

That is a good step back, a few more and game will be back fun.

Saryn has always been a killing machine but now... it's amazing. I'm really enjoying the diversity of her powers! Fire and forget, Hide and regen, Git sirius and Patience:Lost. Wonderful.

The decay on spore damage is way too fast, before you find another enemy to cast it on the damage is back to zero. After all the reason it starts decaying is cause all the enemies died. The only beneficial thing in this update is that you can cast the spore on other enemies while it's active. The decay when no spores are Active might as well be 100% instantly.

Sanctuary Onslaught feels roughly the same difficulty now as it was before Saryn 3.0. OP saryn is dead she didn't live long, and I don't see how this makes her any better for low level missions, damage decay needs to be toned WAY down.

so far notes of mine

dead spread needs to come back maybe with a hardcap just like done to the so called infinite power strength on spore ticker maybe dead spread for spores every 2 seconds cause efficiency doesn't help. And Spread the disease is dead :(

decay needs to be slowed by 15% during regular play 30% decay rate for nullifying effects may remain doesn't hurt

an option to detonate needs to come back I loved this helped me to nuke

il y a 1 minute, Mikki79 a dit :

The decay on spore damage is way too fast, before you find another enemy to cast it on the damage is back to zero. After all the reason it starts decaying is cause all the enemies died. The only beneficial thing in this update is that you can cast the spore on other enemies while it's active. The decay when no spores are Active might as well be 100% instantly.

Sanctuary Onslaught feels roughly the same difficulty now as it was before Saryn 3.0. OP saryn is dead, and I don't see how this makes her any better for low level missions, damage decay needs to be toned WAY down.

Saryn is still massively OP for Solo Elite Sanctuary onslaught .. I got to zone 10 Easy ... Another guy in the thread got to 11.. 

i have to agree that for normal mission this didnt seem to help at all

1 hour ago, ImTheStalker. said:

Initial impressions on saryn: Still feels strong if combined with your weapons, as indended, but spreading still feels very inconsistant to me, and feels like a line of sight thing which i'm not sure is good, if spore can no longer spread when enemies die from tick damage. 

I think she's in a decent spot, but molt still feels a tad underwhelming aswell, please make it a FORCED taunt on enemies, instead of a soft taunt.

EDIT: Decay feels very harsh.

DE glen said spores do not have a LOS mechanic

36 minutes ago, Dolomaticus said:

DE this is the first time in months I actually have to reply to changes you made: Look I understand that sometimes the way we use our powers can annoy you or outright hate it, but the changes to Saryn are a complete cluster. There was almost NOBODY asking for these changes, then you OP the spores to a point it was ridiculous, now you broke the spores again so you actually have to gimp your build to have a hope to get your spores working correctly, if at all. 

Just return Saryn to what she was before you started this adventure, she was powerful, but it required understanding how she actually worked. Cause this was a misstep.

because it took alot of understanding to mods Power strength range duration put a molt down and decorate it with spores then hit it?

then i must be a freaking genius because i dont know how to build sayrn and i figured that out before her rework and said this was boring 

After playing with her a bit i noticed shes more power hungry now than before. That old mechanic of getting energy back when toxic lash hits a spore on an enemy would be great to have back

You have to find a way to make multiple saryns work together: maybe make the 3 spores on an enemy a soft cap meaning an enemy can have more than 3 spores on him but only 3 from a single saryn

Still managed Elite onslaught solo with saryn but it took a lot of work to so so so that is actually a great shift in balance.

Overall really liking these changes.

The spores not spreading themselves though is actually quite painful against lower health enemies as it becomes hard to spread them manually.

Alright well saryan was fun. even fun enough to the point where i even colored her lol buuuuut guess il take that off now. 
The change where her damage dosnt go away when the poison dies out from her first power is a wonderful change. means you dont have to re-ramp up your damage. 
but the major problem is now it wont spread if they die from the poison, YOU have to be the one to deal the killing blow not the poison...... not gonna lie? and i mean this in the greatest of respect.... thats like making a lovely cherry pie then taking a dump on it... 
only real fun or challenge i find left in the game anymore is going hours into a survival, high levels in survivals 
i go into an axi survival and im in it for an hour. as the changes are now? ill barely even get there because saryn isnt a strong frame to begin with 3 hits and she dies almost. and this is even more so when your an hour into a survival (fissure or not) by this time your weapons wont be able to do much and your poison is the only thing able to do a damned thing to them. well now not even it can do anything 
a whole pack of Lv150 enemys come around and i put the poison on one of them and the damage that has decayed, but not gone fully, is doing its thing and it kills it for me because it is by MY hand I spawned the spores and the poison came from ME but, if it dosnt spread to the others on death? and it needs me to deal the killing blow? when my weapons already cant do much to them? and by this time the damage per tick goes up to 5-10-13k per tick? my first power will be down more damage then my weapons and if i have to come out of cover as a one shot-able weak frame to restart the poison that wont even spread less its me dealing the killing blow?
that forces me out and risks geting killed twice 1 time to start the poison AGAIN and another time because it wont spread to anything else... this puts me at risk of dieing and useing all my revives, if im in a team of 3 others, this forces them to come get me which risks them dieing to just get me up. 
 all in general? saryn was fun, extreamly fun i havnt even played her in at least a year or more and when the rework came in she was fun as hell to play i literaly played her in every mission no matter what it was and now she isnt even looking at honestly. Please DE let the spore be spread if they die from the poison PLEASE this is what makes saryn fun. i havnt had fun playing any frame in a long. long time. 
Basicly it makes her borring, not as strong, nor as fun, that riding of spread on death by poison. really just killed her rather then the enemy,

basicly reworked saryn i loved extreamly fun, but hotfixed saryn just... sucks at best lol also sorry for long post. just really irritates me that fun in this game frame wise got put out. 

althogh the change seems to be too focused for solely taking onto Elite onslaught or like Void Mot after like 20 minutes in where bunch of tough foes charging into my shoot range to burst spores.

are we supposed to just straight up spam 4 for lower level instead? spore is either only doing a tickle or it went too strong and once u give it another spread it just kills everything in range and the decay kicks in hard, making it not that different than old spore for low-mid level content.

Archived