Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operations, Emblems, and Veteran Content

Voltage

I had a thought in my head that would be really interesting. Warframe players have not experienced a Tactical Alert in ages. Likewise, official Operations are rare to be seen implemented. Past Operations have rewarded players with very cool and interesting shoulder sekharas as well as sigils. I started playing in 2015. Every Operation I have completed has rewarded me with a boring, white, lackluster, and uninteresting emblem. When Trials were removed, DE created the Invati Sekhara which had a cool pulsing effect. Baro Ki'teer also offers a unique Sekhara. The Quantum Emblem and Kill Skull Badges also have unique designs.

I feel like every past Operation emblem should take a revisiting to make interesting. If DE were to do this, they could also reintroduce past events to accomplish many things:

1) Give Veterans something to do while waiting for major updates without requiring extra developer time (assets would be reused with only minor changes).

2) Fill the zeros that exist throughout most players' profiles like myself:

3e3731a0588aef1ba6ae47f9433e8713.png

3) Give players more unique and updated cosmetics for their Warframes.

4) Give players another chance at the Rift Sigil and other similar items. (I already own this Sigil, but it would be nice to allow more players to get it again.)

I was interested to see what other players would think about overhauling older shoulder emblems to be actually interesting while killing many birds with the same stone. Fashion is something I know many players take seriously, Operations are something many Veterans care for, and players would be excited to get their hands on older cosmetic items from years ago.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

wouldn't say no to playing older events. I joined Warframe whilst Tubemen of Regor was active on PS4, basically thrust into doing it even as a noob. I remember a guy once had the idea of making old events into Quests, so that then everybody would get a chance to go through all of those early events. sure, they aren't much compared to the quality of quests and cinematics we've had in recent months and years, but some interesting plot took place there: the Gradivus Dilemma, Alad and Regor's dialogue in Tubemen of Regor, fighting the fully-grown Juggernauts.. I think every player should at least be given the option to experience this, both old and new alike.

something to do for new and old players, and for the oldest of veterans, those who were around way before me, a nostalgia trip that will remind us all just how far Warframe has come in 5 years.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

There has been a similar idea thrown about by numerous individuals as of recent times to repurpose any/all events that had any level of lore/story impact into short Quests that could reward typically unavailable blueprints (i.e: Snipetron, Machete, and so on) or something to show their progress. Such Quests would give each boss on the Star Chart a proper story to them, and make them a more fleshed out opponent than a named, uniquely-shaped bullet sponge with more graceful ways of killing you than the common foes.

As for 'lite' revisiting* previous Events/Tac_Alerts and giving the cosmetics connected to them a visual upgrade - so that the event flows better and the rewards look different, for better or worse, than the versions people who played before now would get to keep (as a sign that they were there 1st), I agree with having all of them come back around frequently**.

Expansion on the *'d words is in these spoilers.

Spoiler

*These revisits include slight tweaks to the gameplay within the event/alert, which theoretically would make it less of a grind and more fun. Some would return as Quests, as stated before, and would not include the other choices that were there when those choices could be made (Gradivus Dilemma, Tubemen of Regor), which would be explained in a lore-acceptable fashion by a respective party.

**The Tactical Alerts / Events which can't be 'Quest-ified' due to having insufficient story content (i.e: Events which don't have the kind of story-affecting outcomes Gradivus and Tubemen had, or have no major communication from any characters introduced, like Frohd Bek) would be put into a Baro-like rotation, meaning every 2 weeks, another Event happens***.

***Which Event happens could be decided from a poll on the Forums, Twitter, and Twitch.

Handful of them were introductions to modes and enemies that are normal content now. So there wouldnt be a whole lot for 'veterans to do while waiting for major updates' unless they give them a fresh spin.

Also im not sure what exactly is wrong with the emblems that would warrant changing them.

20 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

1) Give Veterans something to do while waiting for major updates without requiring extra developer time (assets would be reused with only minor changes).

I would have some faith in that 1 singular statement/request of yours except their biggest additions "for vets to do something" ended up them wanting us to fish, photograph plants, raise pokemon pets, play an updated version of the 1980s space harrier, all of which at least in my opinion is all throwaway content of no interest to me, i started this game for the fun run and gun stuff their core main gametypes gave, its those i want to see expanded on, not the vast majority of new stuff that is only adding stuff that sucks the fun out of the game and worse yet forces you to do these tedious additions if you want to get anything good.  (such as moving arcanes to eidolons just to get people in their new content, knowing full well vets wouldnt bother touching the place had they not moved them in).

DE-Steve had some good musings to himself ages ago when he started playing a new player experience runthru on twitch, i was actually hoping some of his random comments/ideas for the core gametypes would come to fruition as they sounded pretty interesting (such as making the lego style building of rooms/corridors more randomized by having some random changes within their room segments so they dont all look like carbon copies every time), alas.... nope.

Wow, still no one saying "No one touches my old emblems and give them away, because they are a symbol of our presence at the early stages of the game" ?

Guess I'm too early in the post for elitism to come.

For me? I think it's a bit pointless to bring them back, as pointed out by others, new events are just a "premiere" of a mode which will be implemented eventually in the game, so almost all events are actually in the game.

If your concern are instead the cosmetics of those events, instead of bringing back the old outdated events, I would make someone new with old + new cosmetics as award. 

Because you cannot bring back old events without giving them new mechanics. At this point, just do something new without limits.