The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a Battle Royal Mode in the works?

(XBOX)General Rufus X

My friends and I are big into Battle Royal games, and we are looking to move to a new game. I have played a little Warframe in the past, and I really enjoyed it. I know there is something if a death matches  in Warframe, and that's well and good, but of course I must ask, is there any sort of Battle Royal mode in the works? The way that Warframe runs, I think Warframe could put the other games running Battle Royal modes out of business.

just think about it = 100 players
10 limbo cataclisms
10 oberon using Hallowed ground
10 Novas 
15 Excaliburs spamming swords around
10 different songs from Octavias
5 frosts using globes
5 garas walls
5 Vauban's using bastille
5 embers running around
7 crazy valkyrs
5 rhinos
5 Zephyrs
3 Equinox
5 Mirages

All those beautiful particles dancing around, and melting your pc 

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

4 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

nah, DE is afraid pubg would sue it for copyright 

6 minutes ago, yles9056 said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-44287860

I don't want this to happen to DE.

that sue will probably end in nothing
its a game mode which has existed in a lot of places
is like someone sueing for having used the DeathMatch mode. 

A kind good payed game X a good fun free game
PUBG X Fortnite
Destiny X Warframe

they are just jealous that a free game is making more revenue than them

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

Battle Royal doesn't have to be 100 ppl. It can be much less. It can be more. It's all about the devs decision. I personally think 64 is more than adequate. Plus idk how you would deal with the special abilities, but yeah, everyone would be spamming their favorite stuff, you would just have to make it harder to get that stuff.

1 minute ago, (XB1)General Rufus X said:

Battle Royal doesn't have to be 100 ppl. It can be much less. It can be more. It's all about the devs decision. I personally think 64 is more than adequate. Plus idk how you would deal with the special abilities, but yeah, everyone would be spamming their favorite stuff, you would just have to make it harder to get that stuff.

if anything a 16 players or 20 players would be enough, a team version of 5-4 teams of 4.

But the main problem that would come from it, is the same that nowadays plague the conclave pvp, what is the reward?
if its something really too good people will cheese their way to get it, loggin with a group and organizing who's gonna die/win during that time.
If its something bad then it would just feel not worth to do it (the conclave problem now)

so yeah, despite truly wanting to see something like that, just not gonna happen

1 hour ago, (XB1)General Rufus X said:

My friends and I are big into Battle Royal games, and we are looking to move to a new game. I have played a little Warframe in the past, and I really enjoyed it. I know there is something if a death matches  in Warframe, and that's well and good, but of course I must ask, is there any sort of Battle Royal mode in the works? The way that Warframe runs, I think Warframe could put the other games running Battle Royal modes out of business.

the servers would die with the amount of player for it to work and since how PvP is as dry as the antarctic (which is very dry) a BRM in warframe would be popular for a week then fall into obscurity shortly after 

Edited by hellodownthere

21 minutes ago, EndermanBeast said:

But PUBG doesn't believe that. They think they own it. 

Yeah. But they lost the other lawsuits against those mobile games (one of which, they claimed to own the copyrights to a frying-pan used as a weapon) They'll loose this one as well.

The game engine is not set up to allow for a BR game mode, so DE is completely unable to consider this as a possibility. They cannot handle hosting that many players in a single game instance and it remain stable, and DE does not have the server capacity to handle multiple running instances, or even one, that has combat and AI active.

14 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

The game engine is not set up to allow for a BR game mode, so DE is completely unable to consider this as a possibility. They cannot handle hosting that many players in a single game instance and it remain stable, and DE does not have the server capacity to handle multiple running instances, or even one, that has combat and AI active.

they probably can/could
Raids were set up to 8 players then + 8 with warframe specters( just adding those because they can also spam skills), there's conclave, and we can see a lot of warframe in relays and cetus, besides not being able to use any skill when there. 

it would not work if it was meant for 1 player alone, from those 20-100 players in the royale, to host all of them.
But a fixed map/planet, like relays, that you could just go and wreck S#&$ up, even if not giving any prizes,  would be quite interesting

they could always just reopen a broken relay for that, to fight among debris

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

1 minute ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

they probably can/could
Raids were set up to 8 players then + 8 with warframe specters( just adding those because they can also spam skills), there's conclave, and we can see a lot of warframe in relays and cetus, besides not being able to use any skill when there. 

it would not work if it was meant for 1 player alone, from those 20-100 players in the royale, to host all of them.
But a fixed map/planet, like relays, that you could just go and wreck S#&$ up, even if not giving any prizes,  would be quite interesting

Specters are not players, they are nothing more than glorified AI. They just use the same data capability as the normal AI packages for enemies, players cause a lot more lag to a connection than a measly specter. Raids were largely poor quality because they were Peer to Peer, not server-based like a BR game would have to be so that comparison is irrelevant. Conclave has 4v4, nowhere near what is needed for a BR game and they have small maps. Relays don't have AI packages and combat code active, which contributes the most to game lag. Even then it can take upwards of a full 2 minutes for everyone's Warframe to load in, which doesn't include their pets, and even when loaded their movement is delayed and stuttered when the relay is loaded up. Relays are a bad comparison to what a BR game would require to be anywhere decent.

1 minute ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Specters are not players, they are nothing more than glorified AI. They just use the same data capability as the normal AI packages for enemies, players cause a lot more lag to a connection than a measly specter. Raids were largely poor quality because they were Peer to Peer, not server-based like a BR game would have to be so that comparison is irrelevant. Conclave has 4v4, nowhere near what is needed for a BR game and they have small maps. Relays don't have AI packages and combat code active, which contributes the most to game lag. Even then it can take upwards of a full 2 minutes for everyone's Warframe to load in, which doesn't include their pets, and even when loaded their movement is delayed and stuttered when the relay is loaded up. Relays are a bad comparison to what a BR game would require to be anywhere decent.

sure and i agree with most of that, but my point was mostly that it would be interesting to have it just to have fun, it didnt need to be decent.  
It would not be meant to be an esport game inside another game. For those wanting that there's specific games that focus on that.

But again several MMOs have smilar free pvp spaces/instances/rooms/areas where you dont really are getting ranked for anything or any prize, its just that a free space.  
Because to be fair the nerfs on everything for the conclave sucks, so a free space like that would not be bad.

3 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

sure and i agree with most of that, but my point was mostly that it would be interesting to have it just to have fun, it didnt need to be decent.  
It would not be meant to be an esport game inside another game. For those wanting that there's specific games that focus on that.

But again several MMOs have smilar free pvp spaces/instances/rooms/areas where you dont really are getting ranked for anything or any prize, its just that a free space.  
Because to be fair the nerfs on everything for the conclave sucks, so a free space like that would not be bad.

Frankly I disagree. Raids were nice to have, but they were so far from decent they were no longer worth the effort. My personal opinion is the same for conclave and Lunaro, but those at least arent breaking every update so those sticking around arent taking away anything from normal game development.