Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

XB1 Beasts of the Sanctuary: Update 22.20.6 (+Hotfixes)

[DE]Megan

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Ykarho Kusanaji said:

It is, restart your console, go to "my games and apps" and update! 🙂

So wierd... I rebooted my box and it appeared.

Thanks. Was starting to get a little hot... lol

Question though: can anyone explain why updating through the game is so incredibly horrible?

Well, I think the new cursor mode is just a question of adaptation and time for it.

But the problem is, after this update, I can only play 1 mission, and then I have to restart the game, case it always say "failed to create a session" after coming back from a mission.

Please, fix it as soon as possible, it is kind impossible to play like that.

Hello DE,

The new update (22.20.6) was just released and I have noticed that a lot of the function of the D-pad on the Xbox controller was taken away. For example:

1) I cannot scroll through my foundry items with the D-pad - I HAVE to use the right thumb stick.

2)  When I want to leave a squad after a mission i.e. when I press the "start" button and the menu comes up, the D-pad selections will not go all the way up to my gamecard and profile box so that I can select to leave a squad.

3) In the arsenal on my orbiter, there use to be buttons assigned to the various sub-menu options on the warframe, primary weapon, secondary weapon, melee weapon, etc. sections i.e. "A" to select, "X" for appearance, "Y" for upgrade, etc. and now they are gone and I have to rely on the cursor.

4) When I make changes to the some functions in the "Options" menu, e.x. mouse cursor scale under the "interface" menu, I am immediately backed out of the "options" menu when I save a change. This was a little annoying when I wanted to make multiple changes as I had to keep going back into "options."

5) I cannot scroll through my inventory items with the D-pad, I have to use the right thumb stick.

It seems that for most of the menu items, scrolling through entire lists with the D-Pad has been removed. It has been limited to only those items that are currently displayed on the screen. If you want to get through a list, you have to use the right thumb stick. This was not so before this update took place and I kinda liked using the D-pad and button shortcuts to get through items in the game. It would be great if we could get those options back. I am not so fond of using the joysticks to navigate around my menus.

And to end on a good note: thank you DE for all your time, energy, and hard work. All-in-all, the update is terrific and does take a little getting use to. Overall, I am really happy with all that the team has done. I really do appreciate you taking the time to listen to your community and for making such an incredible game. Cheers.

Can we have the old navigation back?? The UI cursor is too hard to control with a controller, I hate how the shortcut buttons were removed in the arsenal and I also hate how now instead of doing a simple move with the LS and LR sticks we have to move the damn cursor all the way to what we want to select. Why would you change a perfectly fine navigation system for this? It just seems like you wanted to annoy every single player with this. Controllers are not PC mouses, they're different and so must be the way you design the navigation system for them both.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Syndicate Pickups are now auto-marked on the first pickup!

What does this actually mean? I cab not see any change to the way this action is done. You hunt the mini map for the little white box which could be anything. According to this after I find the first one the rest are supposed to auto mark. Well what is that?

The chat  cursor  function is totally broken. I', not sure if it was intended or not but you have the power to highlight bracket items in the scrolling window as well as usernames. This is a great addition because sometime the chat moves so fast you cant hit the link to see the item. Now we can scroll back and click on the item to view it. BIG PROBLEM is you can only do this one time  on one item. If you try and click on another item it wont open the drop down tab. Same thing with the username.

The QoL changes to Ivaras prowl again not listed in the notes so not sure if it was intended or not but very much welcomed.

Other than that the UI update is welcomed and about time we moved out of the stone age when it came to menu management

EDIT: Bugs all over. I have had a slight change of tune when it comes to the cursor stuff.

1. In the dojo if you go to decorate you can no longer use the chat window after you finish decorating. You have to hit your start button then left trigger.

2. If you are in the navigation window and some one invited you and you have multiple loadouts the X button will not allow you to join the invite it is bound to the loadout screen.

I hope its fixed soon. Making the game unplayable with the new cursor UI. D-Pad is now broken and no longer can we use the y, a, x, buttons. The changes that have been made kinda makes me regret the financal support i and probably others have given you on what was up till now a great game to rival AAA game companies. Was going to grind some dukets for tenoconn relay, but this update has broke somethings that didnt need fixing. 

21 minutes ago, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

What does this actually mean? I cab not see any change to the way this action is done. You hunt the mini map for the little white box which could be anything. According to this after I find the first one the rest are supposed to auto mark. Well what is that?

When you pickup a syndicate medallion/datum etc you don't have to mark it for the other players, just this, you still need to search them. (it's good in public lobby at least)

Gotta drop my 2 cents here, too. The new UI is brutal. I can't preview attachments or syandanas or colors until I select them. I can't quickly press x, y, or a buttons to navigate. Using the cursor to scroll is crazy slow and odd. Please just put it back. It was perfect the way it was!

EDIT: I gather this isn't really possible and now understand the reasoning for the change was unifying the platform UI codes. That said, y'all put out a very poorly tested update and we have to suffer with it until you release the hotfixes and, eventually, the new complete UI with all the big changes this was aimed at supporting. I know most of the comments have been very unhelpful "Please revert it!" and "I hate it!" but there are a lot of useful ones, too. Either way the general consensus seems to be that this change is brutally inconvenient and unpleasant for anybody who uses a controller. I really hope you all don't underestimate how frustrating this is for us and don't try to placate us with a free syandana or glyph or some such. There's a reason so many people are vocalizing their dismay. It's not a small thing for them.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Ykarho Kusanaji said:

When you pickup a syndicate medallion/datum etc you don't have to mark it for the other players, just this, you still need to search them. (it's good in public lobby at least)

Thats so stupid. What a disappointment.  Thank you though for making this clear.  Wish DE could do this from time to time

The cursor UI is horrible. It's making me not want to play this game. Everything is slower. The controller is not a mouse, and you shouldn't treat it as one. No matter what kind of explanations you (DE) have, no matter your reasoning, the fact still remains that my experience with the game is now significantly worse. It's not about just dealing with change, or getting used to something. It's taken a huge step back with its basic functionality. I didn't even want to try any of the other new features that came with this update, because I was so disillusioned with the controls. I had gotten two friends to play this game with me, and they were starting to get somewhat excited about the game. When the UI dropped, we started talking about going back to Siege or Civilization V (games we used to play together before). When players suddenly get motivation to play other games, especially when a big update has just dropped, there is a problem. I sincerely hope DE will revert back to old controls, or at least give us the option to do so. Because I'm not having fun, and I'm not trusting the developer that much anymore, it's like everything can change for the worse at the drop of a hat.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Virtual Cursor:

In preparing for the big UI changes coming in the future, we introduced the new Virtual Cursor in this update! This free-moving virtual cursor is the the new default way in which you interact with menus and the items within those menus. 

Please revert changes or focus dev efforts on fixing this ASAP.

• I am unable to change warframe configurations (Config A/B/C)
    • - it used to be if the cursor was above the top RB/LB would cycle - doesn't work anymore - no matter the position of the cursor it only cycles the bottom mods
    • moving the cursor over the config name at the top and selecting it like one might on PC also doesn't work since it suffers from the same glitch PC does that I posted a ticket about where when you try to select it it jumps just out of the hitbox area like the old troll websites with "CLICK HERE TO CLOSE" that move away from the mouse.
      • Worst of all - since there is no kbd/mouse to fall back on like on PC, this makes the some portions of the game inaccessible or some menu items completely unelectable.
  • Can no longer press Y to Equip warframe/X to upgrade etc
  • Modding is horrifically slow now and cumbersome

Archived