Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Virtual Cursor Action Plan

[DE]Danielle

This update introduced a new serious bug. You can't uneqip a weapon/companion and leave the slot empty. Nothing happens.

Edit: So you have to click the empty slot then click off the menu to uneqip. Makes no sense.

Edited by (PS4)KodevEx
Update

The button shortcuts are back! But still, the option to turn the cursor off would be nice. The old way wasn’t broke, so why fix it? Glad you guys are listening though! 🙂

Also, coloring frames is still a tad frustrating without the option to spin and look at what your coloring in 360°

Edited by (PS4)mrbacon_123
Autocorrect

Some good changes and It's good to see they have listened to some of the problems raised. I still outright dislike having a cursor, it still feels awkward using it with a controller. Another issue that I haven't seen resolved is in the alerts/events tab via the navigation map the d-pad doesn't work at all, you are forced to use the cursor to select missions that needs to change so the d-pad works there as well. It doesn't seem like they've fixed the leave squad issue either you still need to use the cursor to leave the squad instead of d-pad select.

Edited by (PS4)LostInTheVoid_
grammar
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

Changes for controller users on PC too?

Sure are! Mentioned in OP:

PC Tenno, you can expect these changes in a future update (along with the D-Pad support originally announced in the dedicated Dev Workshop).

• Like 3

A couple more hotfixes and we should be back to normal and playable with an optional cursor,  just make it so the d pad can be used like before and the left right stick are optional. At least the shortcuts are back. Not gonna lie when I read the initial patch notes and read the changes felt like it was super condescending. Lol also anyone having crashing issues useing Tenno or when you finish a mission crashing on the mission reward screen before flying back to your ship?

The hotkeys are nice to have back. I still have to click an extra button just to preview cosmetic items. Holding a trigger to rotate my Frames while in the Arsenal is frustrating. Drag and drop for equipping mods is still painfully slow. The old "snap to" system was great. But it does not change the fact that this "Virtual Cursor" is not needed or wanted on a console that doesn't use a mouse to navigate.

It's a good start. Off hand I still notice the on the mod load out screen for a warframe or weapon if you use the d-pad to move the cursor from your load out to the remaining mods below the L1 and R1 functions don't change until you move the cursor with the stick.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)KodevEx said:

This update introduced a new serious bug. You can't uneqip a weapon/companion and leave the slot empty. Nothing happens.

Edit: So you have to click the empty slot then click off the menu to uneqip. Makes no sense.

On our radar, working on a fix to hopefully deploy early tomorrow. 

With all due respect DE, PC and consoles are completely different platforms and they operate as such. I understand that unifying the UI between them will make your jobs much easier, but at the expense of fluidity of one platform over the other. I can't speak for all console users but I would be in favor of scrapping the idea even if it meant longer periods between updates. I don't want my gaming experience to mirror a PC style game play even if it meant updates would be closer to the PC times. If that were the case I would just play on PC. But that's just the voice of one Tenno. Only time will tell the affect this will have on your console base.

• Like 2

Greatly appreciate the speedy response to community feedback. Just wondering if there is a fix coming for the menu navigation. Would love it if I could still use the dpad to leave squad when trying to quickly grind through missions. Having to us the cursor takes too long and I find I’m racing against a timer to leave. Thanks for being a company that listens to your player base. Love the game. 

• Like 1