Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'The Sacrifice' End Game Content (Spoilers)

4 minutes ago, KentuckyKid_69 said:

The quest was ok, I find TSD and TWW much better but we got Excal Umbra and he is one of the best looking WF so far.

His scarf clips through his back in his resting animation.

Edited by Snowskeeper

1 hour ago, Vilemyre said:

conflciting feeling of wether or not I should use him or excal prime from now on.

The obvious choice is still Umbra. Biggest reason because when you actually do switch into operator mode Umbra keeps fighting.   Plus Umbra is a direct upgrade, having superior armor and energy stats WRONG.  Also looks visually superior just due to how dated and simplistic Excal P.'s model was.

There's literally no reason to use Excal P. except to show it off now.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

The community overhyped Umbra and The Sacrifice way too much.  There was no way to please everyone.  It isn't DE's fault that everyone got carried away.  At least you got a new frame, weapon, and some really powerful mods.  Try being grateful for once.

1 hour ago, Vargras said:

DE didn't hype Umbra. The community did.

Y'all are the ones that were demanding we get it. You got it.

Don't know what you expected, really.

This needs to be quoted on every page this thread gets. This is the 100% Absolute Truth!!

The Community itself put Umbra on "God's Pedestal".

The Community itself took every word, update, or joke DE made as some form of Umbra allusion.

I became a regular WF player in 2017 after years of on & off with the game. Ever since I became a regular I've seen Umbra get mentioned over everything.
From folks thinking The Quills are involved with Umbra, to Cetus hiding Umbra, to DE teasing new features, to screenshots of in development stuff.

Everything was Umbra. I've said it before but a DE staff member could post a selfie of themselves on a boat & folks would somehow relate that to a hint on Umbra.

"Steve was wearing a black shirt, so he was hinting that Umbra will have Shadow Powers!"
"Steve waving at Rebecca means we'll be saying goodbye to Lotus!"
"The Boat is our Orbiter. So we'll be all alone after The Sacrifice!"

When the original pic was meant to say: "Hey, Rebecca & I went boating on the weekend. Here is where we went."

Umbra could NEVER meet the hype. Period.
Some folks even started to theorize that Umbra was planned since Pre-Second Dream. I mean...it's insanity.

I feel for DE because they made this quest KNOWING that Umbra could NEVER meet the hype.

3 minutes ago, Lholland said:

The community overhyped Umbra and The Sacrifice way too much.  There was no way to please everyone.  It isn't DE's fault that everyone got carried away.  At least you got a new frame, weapon, and some really powerful mods.  Try being grateful for once.

We're not the ones who decided to announce it a year in advanced, hyped it to the same degree as Second Dream and War Within, and then released a quest that was closer to one of the side-style Syndicate missions.

The quest was good (I don't like the frame or the weapon very much, but whatever; I'll stick to the things I do like. I never expected Umbra to be anything but a slightly better Excalibur. EDIT: Okay, caveat; I might use him more while hunting Sentients on Lua, but I currently don't have much of a reason to do that), but I think blaming the community for overhyping it is unfair.

Edited by Snowskeeper

3 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

You guys do realize that if we solved the mysteries and got Lotus back, we wouldn't have anything to buils off of for future quests and stuff. And warframe would be stuck with nowhere to build off of. If anything, the cliffhanger is just to add more build up and get us hype for the next quest.

That is a very silly thing to say. If anything remember that one doesn't end on a cliffhanger unless they are unsure of their next step or is trying to ride hype. This often doesn't work unless their is active participation or involvement of the audience. The danger of this becomes if the audience is forced over a respectable time to make their own conclusions or direction of the plot as very often, the audience will conclude every logical result quite quickly, making anything else a cop-out creatively. Look at the quests so far, and count how many of them don't conclude their own small plot, they leave questions yes, but these are new questions uncovered by answering those that brought us into the plot to begin. Did this quest answer the questions presented for Sacrifice, created in Apostasy Prologue? For many so far on the forums; no. Now, when you get the update, and interact with it and the changes in the update, you can decide if it works for you.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

The obvious choice is still Umbra. Biggest reason because when you actually do switch into operator mode Umbra keeps fighting.   Plus Umbra is a direct upgrade, having superior armor and energy stats.  Also looks visually superior just due to how dated and simplistic Excal P.'s model was.

Companion prime. Somewhat more interesting than a kubrow.

I have to wonder how magus nourish works while running around in tenno.

2 hours ago, Excalibur--prime said:

Hi, I think i just finished the sacrifice. Really enjoyed it but i think i'm missing something.

Had the fight with Ballas and company, and then space mum flew away into the sky back to tau.

Now im back on my orbiter and there are no new things to grind or quest markers?

I'm a little confused. Second Dream added the massive focus system, War within added all the rivens and kuva and all i can see that is different now are a few new mods?

Is there some new content or was the 6 month content drought for a 45 min quest and thats it?

Farm the endo to max the mods.

1 hour ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

The obvious choice is still Umbra. Biggest reason because when you actually do switch into operator mode Umbra keeps fighting.   Plus Umbra is a direct upgrade, having superior armor and energy stats.  Also looks visually superior just due to how dated and simplistic Excal P.'s model was.

About the armor and energy stats uhh

20180615080807_1.jpg?width=1214&height=6

20180615080820_1.jpg

They are literally the same. Only difference is unique idle animations, radial blind animation, umbra only polarities and passives being different.

1 minute ago, Vilemyre said:

About the armor and energy stats uhh

They are literally the same. Only difference is unique idle animations, radial blind animation, umbra only polarities and passives being different.

My bad, I must have looked at the wrong wiki page, regular Excal -_- We don't have Prime on PS4 so I didn't know his stats off the hand, just looked at the wiki but must have clicked the wrong page.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

12 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

My bad, I must have looked at the wrong wiki page, regular Excal -_- We don't have Prime on PS4 so I didn't know his stats off the hand, just looked at the wiki but must have clicked the wrong page.  

They may have buffed with when the sacrifice rolled out but nothing is in the patch notes so idk. Wiki could be outdated too.

Also scratch what I said about the passives. Even the umbra has the death orb benefits, excalibur's regular passive, and the AI passive jfc these are retconned primes.

Edited by Vilemyre

11 minutes ago, FunJester said:

Image result for ballas sword

Who is here expecting to get the ballas sword after the quest and yet got nothing? Come on put your hands up and say awwwwwwwwwww......

Hmmm you know I'd completely forgotten about that but now that you mention it, it was conspicuously absent. 

So I want to address some things that are confusing me that the community is freaking out over.

Why so much hate towards the Sacrifice's length? People are claiming the first two quests took 1-3 hours to beat and that's just strange to me considering I beat each within roughly 45min.

Umbra is exactly what was expected, a bandaid prime for those of us whom didn't get a Excal Prime; it has some additional features that set it apart from the normal Exal even. Was people truly expecting a completely different frame or something? 

We aren't owed anything, we got more free content, free frame, free sword, and a series of cosmetic stuff for said frame. People are acting like DE robbed them of their money, or pride.. idk. Get a grip guys, even if it isn't exactly what you wanted, just freaking put the game down and wait for more free S#&$ in the future.

DE hyped the quest up a bit, what company wouldn't want to do that for their product? But ya'll act like it was suppose to be the second coming.

As for 'other content' that was provided outside of the quest like Focus and Rivens; we got a big change to how we can build Exalted weapons. A U.I change for many aspects of the game as well. 

Now all this isn't to say I don't have my own gripes with the quest. I have three major factors that put a downer on the quest for me.

Firstly, I encountered two really bad bugs that forced me to redo 2 of the missions, which really frustrated me once I realized that I had gotten bugged out and that I wasn't just messing up.

Secondly, I am very sad that we didn't get to actually fight Ballas, what ultimately should have been a epic battle just sort of.. sputtered into a cutscene. (Btw, this bugged on me as well, right after killing the sentients, Umbra sheathed his weapons but the cutscene didn't trigger the first time.)

Lastly, Operator forced segments go either decently, or horridly. I personally had a easy time dealing with the enemies because my Operator is maxed out with the Quills, but actually trying to void blast Umbra was a pain due to his ability to stun lock you.

All in all.. I enjoyed the quest, I got what I was expecting out of Umbra, the final fight was a let down, and the cliff hanger I'm split on.

Edited by D20
Title edited

3 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Hmmm you know I'd completely forgotten about that but now that you mention it, it was conspicuously absent. 

I remember DE said in their devstream that we might get the ballas sword after the quest. I was hoping that DE might improve the operator melee damage but in the end, I am rather disappointed by  DE hype on the quest. Not mad, just disappointed. 

Edited by FunJester

yeah this whole this was pretty disappointing. the quest was good, but the ending is just bla. Umbra is literally just a better excal with a nifty gimick that doesn't really matter at all.

But the worst part, and in DEs case the most damming for their investors, is that once you beat the quest I felt 0 motivation to keep playing. There was no new content to work towards, there was no new mechanic to have fun with, There isnt even a reason for me to grind out endo to max the new mods since they might as well be exclusive to umbra because their polarities are locked to umbra.

I actually felt discouraged to continue playing because if I want to I have to go through the hassle of formaing all my exalted weapons! and why would I want to forma all my stuff when I have no new content to play once I do forma my stuff?

Pretty much every new quest, even the smaller ones have boosted my motivation to play and it keeps me coming back every day for at least 2 weeks. This time though DE basically just ensured I wont be returning the the game until its next big content update.