The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would happen to the Tenno after the war is over?

(PSN)alvian00

i read about articles about soldier's returning home and how soldiers struggle in civilian life so it got me thinking what would happen to the Tenno after the fighting is over. the Tenno were train in the arts of war and were train not to do anything else. would the Tenno go back to cryosleep and awake again to fight another war? would they go to live out peaceful lives? would they be shun and feared by the very people that they fight for? they are gods of war after all and it would seem that some people would be fearful of them given they betrayed the Orokin. but the Tenno are still young so maybe they are still time for them to learn craft other then war.

Might want to Spoiler tag this thread.

Remember, the Tenno are only young in body. Their minds are those of millenia old warriors that have known nothing but conflict and training for conflict. We're doing what they do after the war is over right now. As it stands, the Tenno are perpetuating a state of eternal stalemate that gives them a reason to exist, as the Tenno are only really a monastic warrior cult with no real direction but to wage war. We're seeing some development now, but we're still living through it.

Edited by KokoroWish

37 minutes ago, (PS4)alvian00 said:

i read about articles about soldier's returning home and how soldiers struggle in civilian life so it got me thinking what would happen to the Tenno after the fighting is over. the Tenno were train in the arts of war and were train not to do anything else. would the Tenno go back to cryosleep and awake again to fight another war? would they go to live out peaceful lives? would they be shun and feared by the very people that they fight for? they are gods of war after all and it would seem that some people would be fearful of them given they betrayed the Orokin. but the Tenno are still young so maybe they are still time for them to learn craft other then war.

They will all just have a huge fancy party and drink tea while wearing monocles.

Ofcourse rule the Solar and Tau Systems with iron fist and unlimited authority. We will be godlike beings , force people to worship us , enslave Sentients and kill the defiants.

Edited by Aeon94

28 minutes ago, KokoroWish said:

Remember, the Tenno are only young in body. Their minds are those of millenia old warriors that have known nothing but conflict and training for conflict.

They sure also act, talk and behave like teenagers.

some would do both some would sleep in wait for another time when they are needed seeing as only they can defeat sentients and others would live their life potentially helping the people of the star chart like we do at cetus with our fishing and mining.

29 minutes ago, KokoroWish said:

As it stands, the Tenno are perpetuating a state of eternal stalemate that gives them a reason to exist, as the Tenno are only really a monastic warrior cult with no real direction but to wage war. We're seeing some development now, but we're still living through it.

The way I see it, they live their lives inside a gilded cage. The Orokin have made them into Tenno and weapons of war, and I feel that they will never be anything else. What they had, what they could have been, has been lost, stripped away in the void and molded by the Orokin afterwards, until only the Tenno remained. Like Henry Ford and his comment about his cars and the color black, the Tenno can be anyone they want to be, so long as it involves a warframe and shooting things. It is all they can remember and all they'll ever be.

Like a tank you only use in war or for inspiring awe in civilians, the Tenno's only alternatives would be to twiddle their thumbs on the sidelines or go back into hibernation until needed again.

14 minutes ago, rune_me said:

They sure also act, talk and behave like teenagers.

Well, they did kind of lose a lot of memories, and that seems to affect personality in at least some of the cases I know of. That said, it seems like over the course of Second Dream, War Within, and now Sacrifice, they've gone from prepubescent, to pubescent, to postpubescent.

People want to talk about age... A great deal of behavior is neruochemical and based on brain development. No offense to any teens and kids who use this forum but an adult body and brain is fundamentally different than that of a child... This likely explains why a lot of their behavior is depicted as at least marginally childish....

Here lets put it this way... A childlike attitude... "Don't call me a child!"... The attitude of a calculating hundreds of years old warrior... "He underestimates me because of how i look................ Good.... That gives me an advantage."

If their internal organs and brain architecture are locked at the same developmental stage as their body then it is unreasonable to expect them to behave as adults... Just significantly desensitized to violence. That is likely a large part of why our memories were lost, the lotus wanted to give us back our innocence... Sadly only to have it taken again in the end...Sure there are any number of countries and uh... Lets call them "organizations" that use child soldiers... But you can still see child like tendencies even among children who have been trained to be murderers. 

So those who will say "they aren't children"... Well they aren't "not children" either. They've just become desensitized to the violence that is part of their lives......

I would how ever in contrast like to see the stalker some day redeemed... He has already refused to kill us once.... Kill a frame, fine, kill the operator.... He hesitates..

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Echo_X said:

People want to talk about age... A great deal of behavior is neruochemical and based on brain development. No offense to any teens and kids who use this forum but an adult body and brain is fundamentally different than that of a child... This likely explains why a lot of their behavior is depicted as at least marginally childish....

Here lets put it this way... A childlike attitude... "Don't call me a child!"... The attitude of a calculating hundreds of years old warrior... "He underestimates me because of how i look................ Good.... That gives me an advantage."

If their internal organs and brain architecture are locked at the same developmental stage as their body then it is unreasonable to expect them to behave as adults... Just significantly desensitized to violence. That is likely a large part of why our memories were lost, the lotus wanted to give us back our innocence... Sadly only to have it taken again in the end...Sure there are any number of countries and uh... Lets call them "organizations" that use child soldiers... But you can still see child like tendencies even among children who have been trained to be murderers. 

So those who will say "they aren't children"... Well they aren't "not children" either. They've just become desensitized to the violence that is part of their lives......

I would how ever in contrast like to see the stalker some day redeemed... He has already refused to kill us once.... Kill a frame, fine, kill the operator.... He hesitates..

Yeah I agree. In puberty your hormones and developing body has a lot to say in how you behave towards others and approach the world around you. Because of that, if you are stuck in a teenagers body, even if you are hundreds of years old, you're probably still being a teenager.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Echo_X said:

That is likely a large part of why our memories were lost, the lotus wanted to give us back our innocence... Sadly only to have it taken again in the end...

Aside from that ignorance does not always make for innocence, it's rather hard to stay innocent when Lotus sends you out to kill stuff anyway.

So those who will say "they aren't children"... Well they aren't "not children" either.

This was I suppose the biggest part that hurt so much, and still does today... They set out as children, and returned as something else, someone else. The children of the Ten Zero died on that ship.

They've just become desensitized to the violence that is part of their lives......

But not of their own choosing...

Edited by Timberwolf581

6 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Yeah I agree. In puberty your hormones and developing body has a lot to say in how you behave towards others and approach the world around you. Because of that, if you are stuck in a teenagers body, even if you are hundreds of years old, you're probably still being a teenager.

I'm not even sure they are teens... I think the player character is anatomically around 12, possibly younger. Maybe 13 at the very oldest. And the tenno were the children aboard that ship.. Some may be older, but some may be quite a bit younger. The fact that we all appear the same age in game is just an artifact of the fact that we are all using one set player character build...  It would be monstrous to turn small children into murder machines. But the Orokin. Absolutely. Were monsters. I'm glad they're dead... I'm glad we killed them. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Echo_X said:

It would be monstrous to turn small children into murder machines. But the Orokin. Absolutely. Were monsters. I'm glad they're dead... I'm glad we killed them. 

Sadly, not so monstrous that you can't find examples of that happening in the real world.

Well, apparently they're going to age in later quests. Might be Sacrifice is the last time we finish the quest in their present appearance.

Also, I imagine the Arbiters of Hexis would step in, since their goal is to try and establish a Tenno society. They'd probably help relocate the Tenno, give them the education, training or retirement funds each one would need to live whatever lives they want. Most would probably end up as bodyguards, police, brokers and the like, but I like to imagine a number would retire from combat and use their abilities for peaceful purposes. For one, a great many Warframes would have great non-combat applications. For example, Atlas and Rhino in construction and demolition. Or Limbo in Academia. Or just Tenno void resistance in furthering scientific development on that end.

Sacrifice Spoilers:

Spoiler

No, seriously. Spoilers for the Sacrifice.

Spoiler

Tenno would also make killer psychiatrists. Transference being a deep, psychic link that allows the Tenno to explore another person's psyche and memories, whilst being able to talk it through with the person in question? Imagine how effective that would be. A Tenno, properly taught, could help just about any mental problem.

I also imagine our children, if we are in fact able to have them, would also have Void powers. At least if we had them with another Tenno. Which could lead to a prospering, long-term, Tenno subset of society. It's also possible that we can't die from old age to begin with since our aging process is kinda undefined.

2 minutes ago, Timberwolf581 said:

Aside from that ignorance does not always make for innocence, it's rather hard to stay innocent when Lotus sends you out to kill stuff anyway.

This was I suppose the biggest part that hurt so much, and still does today... They set out as children, and returned as something else, someone else. The children of the Ten-Zero died on that ship.

But not of their own choosing...

Aside from the first point where we can argue that not remembering you've done something "terrible" (seriously, screw the Orokin. They had it coming).... Does not mean you are innocent of it.. It is cannon that in the beginning, The Lotus did not want you found, did not want you awakened back into this nightmare. Might even have been trying to keep you hidden until she had fully "cleaned up" the mess of the Graneer and the Corpus and the infestation... So the world we woke into would be one we could live in peace. I do not think the Lotus wanted to have us wake back into this war, and did not want us to be part of this war, and does not want us to have to fight this war. But this war came for us, and we're part of it now, all she can do is lead us. 

But no.... This war was not of our choosing. It's said there are those who obtain greatness, and those who have greatness thrust upon them.... In truth there are also those who have "greatness" come like a murderer in the night, and drag you into madness and death and "greatness" is the only option besides surrender and death...

It is worth mentioning that Lotus might originally have intended to "free" us from these new memories as she did the old.... I don't think that option is available to her anymore as of the events of the war within...

41 minutes ago, ---Quill-Onkko--- said:

they want balance. There is no good without evil, no light without dark, no peace without war.

But there can still be subtler balance, much like how right mow we still have "balance" but there are still war and all that.

15 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Well, apparently they're going to age in later quests. Might be Sacrifice is the last time we finish the quest in their present appearance.

I hope they fix the damn eyelashes. Blond eyelashes just look flat out awful.

15 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Also, I imagine the Arbiters of Hexis would step in, since their goal is to try and establish a Tenno society. They'd probably help relocate the Tenno, give them the education, training or retirement funds each one would need to live whatever lives they want. Most would probably end up as bodyguards, police, brokers and the like, but I like to imagine a number would retire from combat and use their abilities for peaceful purposes. For one, a great many Warframes would have great non-combat applications. For example, Atlas and Rhino in construction and demolition. Or Limbo in Academia. Or just Tenno void resistance in furthering scientific development on that end.

You're probably right, but they'll always be Tenno.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Echo_X said:

I do not think the Lotus wanted to have us wake back into this war, and did not want us to be part of this war, and does not want us to have to fight this war. But this war came for us, and we're part of it now, all she can do is lead us. 

But no.... This war was not of our choosing. It's said there are those who obtain greatness, and those who have greatness thrust upon them.... In truth there are also those who have "greatness" come like a murderer in the night, and drag you into madness and death and "greatness" is the only option besides surrender and death...

It is worth mentioning that Lotus might originally have intended to "free" us from these new memories as she did the old.... I don't think that option is available to her anymore as of the events of the war within...

I have my doubts whether the path the Lotus has set us upon will lead us to lasting peace and a return of prosperity.

Being a Tenno is not greatness. Yet I hesitate to call it a curse. They lost all they held dear, and the universe spat them back out, broken, changed, alone. It is neither greatness nor a crippling curse, but it leaves the Tenno as aimless outsiders, to be directed and used as weapons.

Edited by Timberwolf581