The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would happen to the Tenno after the war is over?

(PSN)alvian00

3 minutes ago, Timberwolf581 said:

I hope they fix the damn eyelashes. Blond eyelashes just look flat out awful.

You're probably right, but they'll always be Tenno.

I have my doubts whether the path the Lotus has set us upon will lead us to lasting peace and a return of prosperity.

Being a Tenno is not greatness. Yet I hesitate to call it a curse. They lost all they held dear, and the universe spat them back out, broken, changed, alone. It is neither greatness nor a crippling curse, but it leaves the Tenno as aimless outsiders, to be directed and used as weapons.

1: True. Get these Kids some Mascara.

2: Hence why I doubt it'd be a majority that'll go peacefully. Honestly, probably just a part of the Arbiters of Hexis Tenno themselves. And maybe some of Suda's group, and a sprinkling of Perrin Sequence and New Loka. Just because we wouldn't be at war doesn't mean people won't fight.

3: Sometimes war is the best thing for prosperity. I mean, think about it. The economy is thriving in the Warframe universe. If the Corpus were kept in check by unions and laws (laws probably enforced by the Tenno themselves), and the Grineer didn't shoot everyone they saw, things would be pretty excellent. That's probably our in-universe goal.

4: During the Orokin era? Indeed. They were outsiders. But now? The Tenno are slowly integrating into the society of their system. Cetus and the Myconians would  welcome them, and probably the Solaris group after Plains of Venus, or the other Ostron Clades perhaps. We're a part of this world now. I'm sure it'd be willing to give a little back.

3 hours ago, (PS4)alvian00 said:

i read about articles about soldier's returning home and how soldiers struggle in civilian life so it got me thinking what would happen to the Tenno after the fighting is over. the Tenno were train in the arts of war and were train not to do anything else. would the Tenno go back to cryosleep and awake again to fight another war? would they go to live out peaceful lives? would they be shun and feared by the very people that they fight for? they are gods of war after all and it would seem that some people would be fearful of them given they betrayed the Orokin. but the Tenno are still young so maybe they are still time for them to learn craft other then war.

They give hints of what they want in the answers from the second dream. Some seek knowledge and experience. Some want to fight for those too weak to defend themselves. Or beat down people abusing others. Then there are those who just want to be free and live by a code.

So basically Adventurers. No matter what, they want, there skill sets and drives put them on a path of remaining nomads. They have healing tech and abilities if they want to be that sort of person who wants to help the weak. Several cephalon and a ship as well and an entire system of undiscovered stuff to find for the knowledge seekers. Plus several syndicates of which to help restore some semblance of a greater civilization without the grineer or the corpus picking on everybody for those looking for justice and honor.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Cooldog234jr said:

I have a question. Do the Tenno want peace?

I don't think they care so much about peace as they do making sure there isn't a repeat of how the Orokin empire turned out. 

2 hours ago, KokoroWish said:

As it stands, the Tenno are perpetuating a state of eternal stalemate that gives them a reason to exist, as the Tenno are only really a monastic warrior cult with no real direction but to wage war.

Not completely true. They have some understanding of what they want. They have a purpose or calling that doesn't neccesitate war.

• (Option: ...we reached for knowledge.)
    • We sensed that otherness, but embraced it. I was free as anything. Free to learn, to experience, to mean something. 
  • (Option: ...we sought justice.)
    • Maybe we felt it, maybe it didn't matter. We had a life. We embraced it. I wanted to punish those who abused their power, and now I had a way. 
  • (Option: ...we protected the innocent.)
    • It was a shadow underneath what we did. A sensation of being a victim, of being helpless. I took up the sword to protect those in need.

Problem is even though they are actually trying there best to bring down both the Grineer and Corpus there are complications
For every ship they depopulate another is filled.
For every cutting-edge war machine they destroy, others seem to pop up.
They tried to stop super-soldiers from being made. Super soldiers were made anyway.
Assassinate key figures. They survive somehow.
They would've tried taking out the queens but one even lotus thought they were a myth and then they couldn't find them because the base is always moving. Not that finding them has seemed to slow the grineer down any.

The only thing they can really do is stall. Because if one got the up hand on the other they'd lose one of the roadblocks keep the other from growing even more beyond there capabilities to handle. They aren't perpetuating a stalemate. They are in an uphill fight against two factions beyond their logistics, who's only real competition is each other. Meanwhile, they try to whittle them down by taking out their command structure and sabotage their plans to amass more power. 

Edited by (PS4)Lowk721

1 hour ago, Timberwolf581 said:

Being a Tenno is not greatness. Yet I hesitate to call it a curse. They lost all they held dear, and the universe spat them back out, broken, changed, alone. It is neither greatness nor a crippling curse, but it leaves the Tenno as aimless outsiders, to be directed and used as weapons.

Ihonestly I think the big thing is they have failed to meaningfully provide us a reason to feel like we have someone we're fighting for besides "Goat Mom From Outer Space" and our on defense and...well, entertainment...I mean there's Cetus but it feels more like we're just visiting rather than they're someone we're engaged in the plight of...im hoping with the upcoming open world we'll be given a sympathetic group of people to feel like... You know, our actions matter.... They need us, they need someone to protect them... Right now this is kinda genocide the vidya game.. "Lets go find someone and kill them"... There's no... Emotional impact... I've said so many times "You know if we weren't this superpowered death machine, the infestation would be freaking terrifying..." I expect to most normal people, having infested taking over their ship would be like Deadspace... To us it's just target practice...

seems like the life of a Tenno is that of isolation and solitude. you are a being that is alone due to you're affliction and seen as nothing more then an engine of war. the syndicates sees you this way.

Oh and the war will never end. Tenno don't have the manpower. No faction does.

45 minutes ago, (PS4)alvian00 said:

seems like the life of a Tenno is that of isolation and solitude. you are a being that is alone due to you're affliction and seen as nothing more then an engine of war. the syndicates sees you this way.

Sure if you ignore the lore. Some misinformed characters in the game see Tenno that way because they don't have the full story and make up their own narrative. They are many things to different people. Betrayers, heroes, or power personified. The hexis don't even see them as warriors. Then there are places were Tenno are beings straight from legends, IE Gara and Inaros who are revered by the people they saved to the point of being bedtime stories. Pretty sure the children from the glast gambit also see them as more than that. There is a difference between people that fight a lot for a cause and engines of war. Tenno have an actual purpose beyond the violence and some know this. Most of all the Tenno themselves know this. 

As for why you aren't immediately liked by "allies". Everybody is understandably a little wary of new people which is why they typically want you to pull your own weight and help out to earn trust. Protecting the Ostron enough and you end up being seen in a positive light resulting in a status of "Kin" which means You are respected by the Ostron Elders and adored by the children. Engines of war aren't adored by children.

Edited by (PS4)Lowk721

6 hours ago, KokoroWish said:

Might want to Spoiler tag this thread.

Remember, the Tenno are only young in body. Their minds are those of millenia old warriors that have known nothing but conflict and training for conflict. We're doing what they do after the war is over right now. As it stands, the Tenno are perpetuating a state of eternal stalemate that gives them a reason to exist, as the Tenno are only really a monastic warrior cult with no real direction but to wage war. We're seeing some development now, but we're still living through it.

Powerful words. 

Tennos are thousands of years old in a kids body. Make no mistake, they are already eternal.
Just that the void powers stunted their growth.

However Marguilis trapping them in a dream like state with Transference also kept their personality relatively kiddie like. 
But now they can grow and improve. The Sacrifice showed that.

Edited by fatpig84

5 hours ago, (PS4)Lowk721 said:

Tenno have an actual purpose beyond the violence and some know this. Most of all the Tenno themselves know this.

I suppose this is up to the quests to make true.

I wonder, should there be peace, would they cling to their Tenno way of life through warframes, or try to find some way to build a life outside of them?

When the Tenno finally come home, do they take off the uniform, or have they become the uniform? Judging from the quests, I would say the latter.

Edited by Timberwolf581