Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request for Changes to Exalted Weapons

(PSN)supernova_girlie

I'd like to make two requests, humbly, in regards to exalted weapons:

Please allow the Umbra polarity on exalted weapons. The reason I would like this is because I have two Valkyrs and I would like one of them to be better at doing damage to Sentients by using the Sacrificial mods on her claws.

Also, please allow us to put a forma for the stance on the exalted melee weapons. I'm working under the assumptions that we can't add the given stance's polarity and that it was done this way to prevent placing unintended stances on the weapon. Perhaps as a fix you could make it so that when we go in to add the polarity for the stance, the only two choices would be the respective weapon's stance polarity or the "null" polarity. I'm ^hopeful that you folks at DE will give this some consideration, because the process of modding these weapons is a little frustrating and it's complex territory for me.

EDIT-REQUEST AMENDMENT:

Please consider making Sacrificial Mods and their polarity available for exalted melee weapons.

Please consider granting polarities for exalted weapon stances.

I humbly only ask for your consideration of these matters.

For my fellow Tenno out there with better understanding of these matters, I'm open ,with gratitude, to suggestions and information regarding these matters. Thank you.

Edited by (PS4)supernova_girlie
Request Amendment

2 minutes ago, Aisu9 said:

umbra polarity on non-umbra frame ? you really want a divine intervention
And polarity for exalted weapon stance, you knock these stance dosn't have any polarity on them ?

I'm not understanding  the first sentence.

However, you're spot on about the weapon stance having no polarity. I don't know why, but I totally took the stance symbol for a polarity. That's kind of depressing. I'm having trouble modding things now. I'm going to leave the Sacrificial mods to Umbra since they are not as strong as their primed counterparts. Well, thanks for pointing out that error to me.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

Please allow the Umbra polarity on exalted weapons. The reason I would like this is because I have two Valkyrs and I would like one of them to be better at doing damage to Sentients by using the Sacrificial mods on her claws.

Most likely not going to happen. When the Sacrifice went Live on PC, Players asked about the Umbral Polarities being placed into Formas but Someone else posted Evidence of DE saying the Umbral Polarities is not going to be put into Formas but the Umbral/Sacrifical Mods is intended to be used. So we have to Sacrifice one mod for another.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

I'd like to make two requests, humbly, in regards to exalted weapons:

1 - Please allow the Umbra polarity on exalted weapons. The reason I would like this is because I have two Valkyrs and I would like one of them to be better at doing damage to Sentients by using the Sacrificial mods on her claws.

2 - Also, please allow us to put a forma for the stance on the exalted melee weapons. I'm working under the assumptions that we can't add the given stance's polarity and that it was done this way to prevent placing unintended stances on the weapon. Perhaps as a fix you could make it so that when we go in to add the polarity for the stance, the only two choices would be the respective weapon's stance polarity or the "null" polarity. I'm ^hopeful that you folks at DE will give this some consideration, because the process of modding these weapons is a little frustrating and it's complex territory for me.

For my fellow Tenno out there with better understanding of these matters, I'm open ,with gratitude, to suggestions and information regarding these matters. Thank you.

1 - Whole point of Umbra is being better against the Sentients , what is the point of putting Umbra polarities on regular / prime frames ? That will make Umbra and Umbral polarity less special.

2 - Exalted Melee stances do not take or give capacity , why'd u want to forma it ? Also Exalted ability effects such as summoning energy blades are tied to those stances and their combos , so we won't be able to change them.

Edited by Aeon94

1 minute ago, Aeon94 said:

1 - Whole point of Umbra is being better against the Sentients , what is the point of putting Umbra polarities on regular / prime frames ?

2 - Exalted Melee stances do not take or give capacity , why'd u want to forma it ?

I keep thinking that the melee mods with the umbra polarity weren't really meant just for Excalibur Umbra, but I think I just based that on the assumption that because they are not called Umbral, but Sacrificial, they were not meant to be exclusive to Excalibur Umbra. You're most likely correct that even the Sacrificial mods were meant exclusively for Umbra.

Until about 10 minutes ago, I wasn't even aware that the exalted stances don't have polarities. Truthfully, I went in there and saw the Prime Talons' stance, tried to put a forma on it and was completely flabbergasted when I could not! I will go back up and amend my requests.

Sacrificial mods are inferior to Primed Pressure Point. Why would you use the Sacrificial mod set on non-Umbra melees when this is the case?

However, Umbral mods make more sense because of the not-quite-Primed Intensify, Vitality, and Steel Fiber for where that is relevant, though that'll only last until Baro brings their Primed counterparts, which is when those mods are rendered obsolete.

My bets are that DE will enable people the ability to add Umbra polarities when the next Umbra(s) are introduced at the earliest, if not by the time the Tau System can be visited, likely by using a special variant of Forma that would require exotic materials or something.