The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grappling Hooks

Artius_One

I feel as though grappling hooks should be added to Warframe. A grappling hook would help a ton when mining in caves in Eidolon, or get to places that you can't usually reach, but there's loot. I recommend this because when I went mining in a cave in Eidolon, my Nosam Cutter detected an ore/gem that was 17 meters above me, and i couldn't mine it because I didn't have a platform to stand on nearby, and i though a grappling hook would make it easier to mine those gems that are out of reach.

• 1 month later...

I understand that, but Valkyr's grappling hook is more for mobility and combat, and Ivara is just a tad bit difficult to get for beginners. Those who want to play in Eidolon as they begin to play Warframe may need better means to getting to ores if they don't have neither Valkyr nor Ivara. And being on the subject of Eidolon, one of the latest "expansions", The Mask of The Revenant, has messed with AI's of the enemies, as well as the overall progression of the game. I feel as though the Revenant should be allowed to be acquired before you meet the Quills, despite the fact that you may need some backround on the sentients in order to get him. Or, as an alternative, buff Revenant enough to actually feel as though he's worth getting. I feel like Gara is possibly better than Revenant in many ways, and that Gara should be switched with the Revenant. As in, the Revenant should be able to be acquired earlier in the game, unless he gets buffed, and Gara can only be acquired later in the game, possibly around the time you get to do "The War Within", unless Gara gets nerfed a fair bit.

8 minutes ago, Delixilion said:

I understand that, but Valkyr's grappling hook is more for mobility and combat, and Ivara is just a tad bit difficult to get for beginners. Those who want to play in Eidolon as they begin to play Warframe may need better means to getting to ores if they don't have neither Valkyr nor Ivara. And being on the subject of Eidolon, one of the latest "expansions", The Mask of The Revenant, has messed with AI's of the enemies, as well as the overall progression of the game. I feel as though the Revenant should be allowed to be acquired before you meet the Quills, despite the fact that you may need some backround on the sentients in order to get him. Or, as an alternative, buff Revenant enough to actually feel as though he's worth getting. I feel like Gara is possibly better than Revenant in many ways, and that Gara should be switched with the Revenant. As in, the Revenant should be able to be acquired earlier in the game, unless he gets buffed, and Gara can only be acquired later in the game, possibly around the time you get to do "The War Within", unless Gara gets nerfed a fair bit.

Omfg another "Revenant" post, DE have already said they are working on him. 

I don't think Frames need a grappling hook. They're agile enough already.

But what about our Z-kids? Grappling hooks could improve their agility without making them carbon-copies of Warframes, movement-wise. Void-dashing to a high place could be combod into a grappling hook to hang in position, or swinging to maintain momentum after a dash and save energy while moving.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

I don't think Frames need a grappling hook. They're agile enough already.

But what about our Z-kids? Grappling hooks could improve their agility without making them carbon-copies of Warframes, movement-wise. Void-dashing to a high place could be combod into a grappling hook to hang in position, or swinging to maintain momentum after a dash and save energy while moving.

That would also be helpful, but I don't mean that Grappling Hooks should be used everywhere. I think they should be used specifically for Eidolon, similar to how the K-Drive is supposed to only work in Fortuna, or how the Archwing is used for certain missions and in Eidolon.

Edited by Delixilion
Typo

2 hours ago, Delixilion said:

I understand that, but Valkyr's grappling hook is more for mobility and combat, and Ivara is just a tad bit difficult to get for beginners. Those who want to play in Eidolon as they begin to play Warframe may need better means to getting to ores if they don't have neither Valkyr nor Ivara. 

What makes you think someone new to Warframe should be able to access/do the same thing as people who are not so new?

1 minute ago, Delixilion said:

That would also be helpful, but I don't mean that Grappling Hooks should be used everywhere. I think they should be used specifically for Eidolon, similar to how the K-Drive is supposed to only work in Fortuna, or how the Archwing is used for certain missions and in Eidolon.

Eh. Seems way too restrictive. Sure, it's irritating having gems out of reach, but I think a grappling hook would fit better on the Operators as a movement ability rather than a single-purpose tool.

Also, K-drives will be usable in PoE too, and Archwing in Fortuna (although the storms will apparently make Archwing in Fortuna more difficult, somehow.)

13 minutes ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

What makes you think someone new to Warframe should be able to access/do the same thing as people who are not so new?

I don't believe that someone new to Warframe should be able to do exactly as veterans can. Grappling hooks should just be only in Eidolon, just to make mining easier.

On 2018-09-02 at 3:00 PM, Firetempest said:

The game looks for certain rock textures to put mining nodes on. For every one that may be out of reach, there is a whole map of them that are at foot level. Not really a big deal.

As someone who won't stop trying to get the resource as soon as I see it, it is a big deal.