Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Get rid of some of these plains rivens

Worm4real

7 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Yes, I understand these are meant to be challenging and to make me sweat, work hard, problem solve, etc. but...I play for fun and that just isn't fun to me.  

Yup. I regularly give away bundles of Veiled Rivens at a time, simply because I have absolutely no interest in actually doing the challenge. 

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Yup. I regularly give away bundles of Veiled Rivens at a time, simply because I have absolutely no interest in actually doing the challenge. 

Some of them are just over the top.  I already don't like Interception, but solo?  For a Pangolin Riven?  Yeah, no.

On 2018-07-21 at 2:05 AM, anonymous14z said:

@DeathDweller Holy crap is that real? Killing 5 enemies as the drop from a dropship while in bleedout state? That seems surreal.

Please provide a link, I'm genuinely curious.

Io- Jupiter. Wait for the drop ship to come in and be in a multiplayer game setting. Otherwise, you'll just instant die. Bring a self damage weapon with you and have an AOE heavy secondary that you can use. When the drop ship starts to come in, down yourself with your self damage and get to killing the units on the ship before they drop. Rinse and repeat until done.

But yeah, this one honestly needs to go since it's heavily luck based in that you have to HOPE that you find a willing party that's going to humor these antics.

Solo an Interception?  Huh. I didn't realize just how much I don't want this Riven until now.

Booben max range and dur build with his infinite vortex mod. Go to Xini and just stack a boat load of vortex time up at each point for the entire round. Bullet jump around to keep your self entertained until you get the win.

Anyone else got any they want me to tell you how to cheese mode them?

Edited by Cortanis

3 hours ago, Cortanis said:

Booben max range and dur build with his infinite vortex mod. Go to Xini and just stack a boat load of vortex time up at each point for the entire round. Bullet jump around to keep your self entertained until you get the win.

Anyone else got any they want me to tell you how to cheese mode them.

The issue isn't not knowing how to cheese them, it's lacking the interest to actually perform said cheese. Some of these challenges are just unenjoyable.

Like, read your instructions for cheesing the Riven again, tell me how boring that sounds. 

I'm not wasting what little time I play the game for performing asinine tasks for a good chance at a Riven I don't care for, and I know Mag won't either. :crylaugh:

4 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

The issue isn't not knowing how to cheese them, it's lacking the interest to actually perform said cheese. Some of these challenges are just unenjoyable.

Like, read your instructions for cheesing the Riven again, tell me how boring that sounds. 

I'm not wasting what little time I play the game for performing asinine tasks for a good chance at a Riven I don't care for, and I know Mag won't either. :crylaugh:

You're not wrong. Most of the riven challenges are anything but challenges. Almost all of them are really an exercise in patience with a buggy system or just plain time sink. I have never in any part of the rivens thought they were challenging or really intended to be ether. It seems more like they are just ideas they had to come up with to fill the void.

10 hours ago, Cortanis said:

-snip-

Anyone else got any they want me to tell you how to cheese mode them?

That sounds like one of the most boring things on the planet.

Please note, I never said I couldn't figure out how to cheese it. I simply don't enjoy that kind of thing.

3 hours ago, Cortanis said:

You're not wrong. Most of the riven challenges are anything but challenges. Almost all of them are really an exercise in patience with a buggy system or just plain time sink. I have never in any part of the rivens thought they were challenging or really intended to be ether. It seems more like they are just ideas they had to come up with to fill the void.

I think the idea behind the challenges is to make us "think" and try different things that we normally wouldn't do.  

The fish-mine-kill an enemy is the only one that has ever remotely annoyed me, and that one took maybe 30 min... for someone who had never done any fishing prior. It's just something else to do in the game, if you don't like it, don't do it and take the easy 20-80p from trade chat.

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I think the idea behind the challenges is to make us "think" and try different things that we normally wouldn't do.  

They are but some just get out of hand. 

So we should really be able to reroll the challenges. 

11 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

They are but some just get out of hand. 

So we should really be able to reroll the challenges. 

Wouldn't bother me if that happened. 

For me the fun of figuring out and doing the challenges is more enjoyable than the prize of the unlicked riven.  I guess it's a case of the journey being better than the destination type of thing.  

That said, some of the Plains ones are kinda wack.  😁 

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Wouldn't bother me if that happened. 

For me the fun of figuring out and doing the challenges is more enjoyable than the prize of the unlicked riven.  I guess it's a case of the journey being better than the destination type of thing.  

That said, some of the Plains ones are kinda wack.  😁 

I'm just lazy I guess lol I enjoy the journey as well, but if given the choice between the treck to Mount Doom or the one to Bucklebury Ferry, I'm gonna choose the Ferry. 

Still fun, still taxing but no one gets shanked with a Witchblade.

Some of the Riven challenges, someone gets shanked and I'm just not down with that.

Edited by MagPrime

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I'm just lazy I guess lol I enjoy the journey as well, but if given the choice between the treck to Mount Doom or the one to Bucklebury Ferry, I'm gonna choose the Ferry. 

Still fun, still taxing but no one gets shanked with a Witchblade.

Some of the Riven challenges, someone gets shanked and I'm just not down with that.

Frodo deserved it though. Lets be honest.

Sam was the true hero of LotR.

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Frodo deserved it though. Lets be honest.

Sam was the true hero of LotR.

Not disputing that.  But do you wanna get stabbed by one of those things?  I don't. Even figuratively. 

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Did you just say WitchBlade, MP?  Careful, your nerd/geek status is showing.  😀

I'm sorry, it gets so big when I'm excited, it's hard to hide sometimes. 

Edited by MagPrime
Morgul Knives, my bad. Witchblade is something else. Don't judge meeeee

Most rivens are just an internet search away, i.e get three headshot kills in one aimglide, could be annoying if you try it manually but someone informs you of a Limbo trick, of the lift vents on jupiter and other things of the like.

Sell them unveiled if you really don't like the challenge, someone else will happily do it, anything to drive down the Riven market's ridiculous nature, flooding the marketplace clearly hasn't worked much in dropping prices.

Plains Rivens can be terrible if you don't have a whole lot of resources at your disposal, weapon and warframe-wise, DE has removed Riven challenges in the past that were atrocious, such as the aforementioned bleedout dropship kill, though I personally didn't find that offensive, just blow up yourself then the dropship with a halfway decent weapon and that's 3 minimum. Once more and done.

Life finds a way. Give it to someone who wants it and they'll open it, the frustration goes away after you open them after all. Unless you're a stick in the mud that hates a bunch of weapons, I got a Heat Dagger one, looked through my foundry, saw I still had a BP lying around, built it up and now I have a 2 Forma Heat Dagger that can kill sortie level enemies (W/o Covert Lethality) no problem, fun stuff. Had to kill three airborne Condrocs in 5 seconds, not too hard once I finally got my Nova out but annoying before then as they are apparently immune to some auto targeting abilities and many AoE's.

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Not disputing that.  But do you wanna get stabbed by one of those things?  I don't. Even figuratively. 

Depends, am I Frodo?

I'll let myself get stabbed with it if I am. It's not like Sam actually needs me in the story. Better to take the hit instead of someone more useful.

Image result for thinking gif

4 minutes ago, Cloudyvisage said:

the frustration goes away after you open them after all

That's just it, it's ''frustration''. I'm not going to play something that frustrates me :crylaugh:

7 minutes ago, Cloudyvisage said:

Most rivens are just an internet search away, i.e get three headshot kills in one aimglide, could be annoying if you try it manually but someone informs you of a Limbo trick, of the lift vents on jupiter and other things of the like.

Sell them unveiled if you really don't like the challenge, someone else will happily do it, anything to drive down the Riven market's ridiculous nature, flooding the marketplace clearly hasn't worked much in dropping prices.

Plains Rivens can be terrible if you don't have a whole lot of resources at your disposal, weapon and warframe-wise, DE has removed Riven challenges in the past that were atrocious, such as the aforementioned bleedout dropship kill, though I personally didn't find that offensive, just blow up yourself then the dropship with a halfway decent weapon and that's 3 minimum. Once more and done.

Life finds a way. Give it to someone who wants it and they'll open it, the frustration goes away after you open them after all. Unless you're a stick in the mud that hates a bunch of weapons, I got a Heat Dagger one, looked through my foundry, saw I still had a BP lying around, built it up and now I have a 2 Forma Heat Dagger that can kill sortie level enemies (W/o Covert Lethality) no problem, fun stuff. Had to kill three airborne Condrocs in 5 seconds, not too hard once I finally got my Nova out but annoying before then as they are apparently immune to some auto targeting abilities and many AoE's.

Jurassic Park reference to back up your final paragraph?