Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Delete Trade Chat And Make Maroo's Bazaar The Only Place To Trade

11 hours ago, --Q--Stryker said:

Oh yeah, it's not happening any time soon, if at all. People have been asking for something like that ever since Rivens first starting circulating and dominated the trade chat.

The people on the "remove trade chat" bandwagon seem to want a system where they can list the item for x price, #*!% off to do who knows what and come back later to profit, which DE is never gonna do. So they can bandwagon away while the rest of us think of actual solutions.

Too bad trade chat defenders only think of solutions so far but haven't presented a single one yet.

Farming for relics, traces, opening them, get what you want, complete a set...is time consuming enough.I don't see the point of spending more time trying to find a seller/buyer in chat then wait for them or go at their dojo to get a single thing.It's one of the most outdated and inconvenient trade systems i've seen in a game.

Do we get anything good out of the face to face trades?There's no reasoning behind this.Lots of games have both trade chat/face to face and an automated shop(auction house).People who have nothing else to do but trading to fill their time of boredom should find another game to play and come back later.

If a player wants convenience to let's say ayatan sculptures filling or to not have to wait for stasis to switch a pet, i don't see why not in this.Or else make everything manual so players got something to do.Remove loadouts for example, make us have to change every frame and weapon thing before missions cause now it's too easy and fast.Remove fast travels on relays and Cetus if convenience is considered bad in this game.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Well for DE wants to promote player engagement.
But DE also having Trade done this way creates a market where prices fluxuate & it promotes Platinum purchases as many will buy plat just to make a trade.

Also this is how DE has kept 3rd Party RMT sites & their bots out of the game. (Which also ensures all profit goes to DE)
The biggest downfall to Auction Houses in games is that they are a safe haven for RMT/Bots/Farming Sites.
As they can farm, hack, steal accounts, & etc in the shadows and then post the profits on the Auction House & "legitimately" get rid of the evidence all while turning a profit.

Warframe is a nightmare for these businesses because in order to promote their services in Warframe they'd need to hire people to legitimately play the game.
Where as in any game featuring an Auction House they can program bots & have a skeleton crew maintain/monitor the bots & then that same crew only logs in to service any clients they obtain.

TO be frank...if people thought Negative Plat & all the account issues they have now is bad...
Man, the game had a market that created a window for these websites. These issues would become commonplace.

Honestly, I forgot how pleasant Warframe is when I recently reclogged into FF14 & the first thing I was greeted with was spam from a bot telling to buy Gil from their website at a super savings. -_-
I promptly hid in my Inn room until my friend logged on afterwards.
Ugh...ptsd...

See my above comment. Those 99% of MMOs are also plagued with Bots.
Even with the most advanced chat filters & kick bots. The games can't prevent private tells/whispers. It's honestly a lot worse than I thought. Like, I thought people on Reddit were exaggerating. They weren't.

Yeah, maybe add a MR requirement + total hours gameplay to be able to access the auction house, then 2FA for trading items in it. Maybe like how Steam market trading.  Also, the auction house will not only cater those willing to trade for Platinum, but to those who are willing to trade with other items. 

1 hour ago, thegreatAce21 said:

Or if an Auction House is really not feasible, maybe add more in the "setup shop"  feature where you can put a price on each item. Like the shop feature of Ran Online.

Actually...
Back in FFXI & the early days of Everquest II players could set up shop, price their items, then play as normal.
Other players would see an icon by their name revealing they had a "store open" & upon inspection you could choose to shop their wares.

The issue was, over time (took about 6 months) many cities, dungeons, popular places (so in Warframe's case, Maroo's) would be FILLED to the brim with AFK characters with their shops open.

Now, personally I think this would be great for Maroo's as I'd no longer have to haggle & etc.
But, sadly...I feel it'd just fill Maroo's with AFK players.
Although Trading still takes a confirmation in WF, where as in those other games purchases were instant...
Hmm...

Could maybe work...but it could be abused easily.

Damn RMT sites...
Now even harmless crap like this needs to be dubiously considered/discussed. 😠

59 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Actually...
Back in FFXI & the early days of Everquest II players could set up shop, price their items, then play as normal.
Other players would see an icon by their name revealing they had a "store open" & upon inspection you could choose to shop their wares.

The issue was, over time (took about 6 months) many cities, dungeons, popular places (so in Warframe's case, Maroo's) would be FILLED to the brim with AFK characters with their shops open.

Now, personally I think this would be great for Maroo's as I'd no longer have to haggle & etc.
But, sadly...I feel it'd just fill Maroo's with AFK players.
Although Trading still takes a confirmation in WF, where as in those other games purchases were instant...
Hmm...

Could maybe work...but it could be abused easily.

Damn RMT sites...
Now even harmless crap like this needs to be dubiously considered/discussed. 😠

Yeah, that was used to make income while being AFK. The current shop now will make you chase the seller, if she/he is walking constantly. When you press 'X', it instantly prompt you to trade rather that inspecting the item. Lastly, display of items on sale are overlapping with the other's display of item on sale.

46 minutes ago, raven2k01 said:

Just build a freakin Auction House like literally every other MMO on the planet.
Scrolling through walls of text wastes time and is a horrible way of trading.

And ruin the in-game economy like literally every other MMO on the planet?

I like the idea of the stock market in fortuna. Make it a blind double auction market. Sellers put up their acceptable price. Matched with buyers asking price, the floor only shows the previous auctions average per item.

At the start of every example:trade reset time the house opens (maybe with a snarky comment from any of the corpus board members), people can start setting their parts (limited to maybe half of MR trades per day) throughout the day. Buyers set their asking costs(same amount restrictions). Now everyone has to wait for next reset to see if any matches happen. The house (DE) takes a % cut for the successful transactions.

So it's not instant, limited, and you lose plat for the service that effects the bottom line.

Edited by Firetempest

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-07-26 at 7:03 AM, Firetempest said:

I like the idea of the stock market in fortuna. Make it a blind double auction market. Sellers put up their acceptable price. Matched with buyers asking price, the floor only shows the previous auctions average per item.

At the start of every example:trade reset time the house opens (maybe with a snarky comment from any of the corpus board members), people can start setting their parts (limited to maybe half of MR trades per day) throughout the day. Buyers set their asking costs(same amount restrictions). Now everyone has to wait for next reset to see if any matches happen. The house (DE) takes a % cut for the successful transactions.

So it's not instant, limited, and you lose plat for the service that effects the bottom line.

I really like the idea of experimenting with an auction system and allowing something like, one item per person a day, just to test.

The issue I think it adresses is that the tarde chat has taught me to generally avoid people who are selling an item without listing how much they want for it. They usually want a premium price when the trade chat will already have people attempting to sell the same item for an equally high price. The seller just gets to disguise that they are actually charging a very high price for their item by running what is effectively an auction that they can call off if the price is not high enough for them.

So long as both parties in the auction need to be present somewhere or even on the ship to auction or bid for the item and the seller of the item sets the starting price in the bid, I can not see the system being very easily exploited by bots.

It would be a compromise of the current system that is not a full blown auction house while relieving the trade chat.

If i want to buy something i set trade do only show people who sell that thing.

Imagine going down to maroos wanting to buy a Zeni riven... how many can be there at the same time.. chances that one of them sell that item is slim.

I never sell stuff, but i imagine it's the same way. Wanting to sell a item and hope that one of the visitors want to buy it.