Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Deluxe bundle feedback

First of all, Awesome skin!!

The armor on the deluxe skin is really cool and it's a shame we can't show it of in the relays and in Cetus. So why not a toggle for the mutation for Nidus.

Really like to know what all of your thoughts are about this!

Thanks for reading.

Just now, krc473 said:

They plan to show off the skin in Prime Time (starts in 10 mins or so) so maybe people will bring it to their attention then. I hope it is a bug (there have been issues like this before). If it is "intended" I may just see if I can get a refund on the bundle 🤷‍♂️.

Oh boy even like that...the skin is so beautiful and masterful, even if they don't change it I won't be able to give up on it. But I'll be disappointed 😕

Personally, i would like to see an option for removing the crossed 'glass' hands\arms totally. I myself am not really a fan of them...i love the rest of the skin, esp because i play as Nidus like 90% of the time, but the arms across the front sorta kill the look for me. perhaps a setting like the 'toggle prime decorations on/off' would be a good idea in this case. it works well for other frames, and im hoping its not just me who is not thrilled with the extra arms look.

just my preference...as a whole, its outstanding work as always.

thanks DE!

Edited by -Nytefyre-

1 minute ago, -Nytefyre- said:

Personally, i would like to see an option for removing the crossed 'glass' hands\arms totally. I myself am not really a fan of them...i love the rest of the skin, esp because i play as Nidus like 90% of the time, but the arms across the front sorta kill the look for me. perhaps a setting like the 'toggle prime decorations on/off' would be a good idea in this case. it works well for other frames, and im hoping its not just me who is not thrilled with the extra arms look.

just my preference...as a whole, its outstanding work as always.

thanks DE!

I like the idea of those arms, It's very unique however I agree with you that others can find it unnecessary and just like his crotch loincloth it would be nice to get an option to hide these extra details for people who prefer things in a more simplistic fashion.

10 minutes ago, net-crow said:

Oh boy even like that...the skin is so beautiful and masterful, even if they don't change it I won't be able to give up on it. But I'll be disappointed 😕

Oh, I would just get the skin by itself. I do not generally use Kubrows, but I thought the glowing bits would be good (but they aren't really present). 

The trails of slime that come from the rib and mouth area are color linked to the base color. I feel it makes more sense to be linked to the power color that affects the interals of the Kubrow. So hat it appears gelatinous ooze is coming from them and sliding out through the gaps. Maybe even give it a bit of transparency, 60-75%, so it's semi-solid appearing but can almost see through like jelly.

I have a feeling spaghetti code might not support this, but it's asking for.

It would be nice to be able to toggle it for the mannequin things, too (though the only one I have is the one that comes with your quarters, so I don't think that one's poseable to begin with).

Edited by Ayures

On a related note, the "eyes" on the mutated form of the helmet seem to go off of the energy color as well, though they're also based on blue. I'm using the pure white from the smoke color set and they just end up looking blue (as do the shoulder eyes).

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

They may do what they did with things like chroma deluxe and rotate or make the armor piece invisible when aiming.

I'd prefer it if they did that tbh, as I quite like how huge they are.

Are there any weapon skins that overlap like that? It would be compatible with Claw and Sparring type weapons, I'm not sure if it would look quite right on sparring. but I have yet to see how the skin looks in game.

Edited by Beartornado

2 minutes ago, Beartornado said:

Are there any weapon skins that overlap like that? It would be compatible with Claw and Sparring type weapons, I'm not sure if it would look quite right on sparring. but I have yet to see how the skin looks in game.

Hirudo looks like a freaking claw. There would be no clipping or weird animations.

I'd love to see this (I was actually under the mistaken impression that they WERE for the hirudo initially until I saw them ingame. I had forgotten the Hirudo were sparring weapons and not claws XD). I love using my Hirudo with my Nidus (dat lifesteal is niiiice)

I absolutely love it.   

going forward i will refer to the front strip of material as "Codpiece Prime"  lmao

i honestly expected more noticeable changes when mutated.  its not as drastic a change as you would think.  though it does look amazing.  

The one thing that would make this skin AMAZING is if the arms unfolded when the infestation grows.   i feel like that would just be incredibly wicked looking.  

great job on the skin!

6 minutes ago, Aratoro said:

I'd love to see this (I was actually under the mistaken impression that they WERE for the hirudo initially until I saw them ingame. I had forgotten the Hirudo were sparring weapons and not claws XD). I love using my Hirudo with my Nidus (dat lifesteal is niiiice)

Same. Like they give us skin for helminth which noone uses aside from MR and fashion frame since if ya need battle ready pet you should go with kavats since they have aoe attacks and can strip armor + buffs. But anyway they give us skins/ armor for our helminth but leave out the skin for hirudo which goes with Nidus.

😄

Edited by Ejuz
sleep,

I like the skin itself..that is, if it wasn't actually FOR Nidus. Adding armour and gold bling just seems from. Especially mutating armour, that just doesnt look as cool as the bio-organic type changes to the default skin.The Syandana matches the skin well, but again, just is no way as creepy cool as his Infested one. Just feels like the art team couldnt decide between 'Full Orokin' with gold and white, ala prime skins, and thr more Infested original. And ended with something, while pretty, does not really match the idea of the Frame.

Absolutely love it myself as well and agree with you on the arms part it would be interesting to see them unfurl. I also like the change they added to niduses first ability I just wish they had added changes to the 2nd and 4th ability as well.

3 minutes ago, CratOs_X said:

Absolutely love it myself as well and agree with you on the arms part it would be interesting to see them unfurl. I also like the change they added to niduses first ability I just wish they had added changes to the 2nd and 4th ability as well.

There actually are changes to his second ability. You can see blade like on the back of his shoulders spinning in the middle of the tentacle mass, kinda looks like a blender XD