Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] voice in missions

Lobozel

Excuse me if my English is bad, I use a translator.

We all know what has happened with Lotus, no need to talk about it. However, continuing to listen to their announcements and orders in the missions is a bit strange.

Personally I would like much more to listen to Ordis and his fantastic humor, instead of to Lotus.

I understand the work that this entails, but I think I would have a lot of fun listening to new dialogues and more with the mentioned humor of Ordis.

I am not saying to remove Lotus, but to add the option of who we want to listen to in missions. If this will happen, in the future you could add voices of other characters like Tenshin.

Thank you for reading.

Our guide is the Lotus, fake or real.

having someone else command us can be considered betrayal, making you no better than the Stalker, also, a target.

It's like a soldier taking order from a farmer instead of the general. No thanks :3

Except Tenno are not soldiers and comments on missions are not commands most of the time.

I would personally be happy to hear more puns from Ordis about missions, enemies, allies...

Edited by vladimmi

33 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

having someone else command us can be considered betrayal, making you no better than the Stalker, also, a target.

It's like a soldier taking order from a farmer instead of the general. No thanks :3

except in-mission directors are more like to-do lists can commanders. you pick what mission you want to do, you pick how you want to do it, the others just give you helpful tactical info and explain the things that aren't immediately apparent.

that being said, after four years of listening to (god knows how many versions of) the lotus, i wouldn't mind having Ordis, Teshin, or even one of the syndicates be the one helping us 

42 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

Hahahaha. Wow, the brainwashing is working perfectly right here. XD

OT: Been asking for alternate voice packs for a while now, so, of course I agree.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

turn ordis back into ordan karris, and have him be our guide, i bet he'd just love to help us hunt down ballas

Honestly I'd love this. Like as a further split-personality thing.

So Ordis as we know and love/hate him's in the ship and railjack getting occasionally interrupted by his Karris personality's anger and passion, and on missions, Ordan Karris guides you, perhaps occasionally interrupted or distracted by his more jovial half. That'd be an interesting concept.

It might also be something on the table. Early in the Sacrifice (No spoilers for anyone reading) Ordis talks to you with Ordan Karris's speech pattern, and then switches to his normal one, which is kind of jarring. It's not his normal sad voice either, we hear it later in the mission. So it's possible that Ordan Karris might make a comeback.

1 hour ago, Kyryo said:

You know, we've taken orders from merchant(s) [Baro, Maroo, Darvo].

3 hours ago, Eidolon_Slayer said:

You know, we've taken orders from merchant(s) [Baro, Maroo, Darvo].

Yes, but only under Lotus permission. 

i'd like more to see the operator itself doing things by his own rather than replacing Lotus with broken cephalons or traitors like tenshin, or even worse people that has nothing to do with us like baro darvo maroo etc...

6 hours ago, Kyryo said:

Ha, you haven't seen the new trailer for the next big update. 

6 hours ago, Lobozel said:

Excuse me if my English is bad, I use a translator.

We all know what has happened with Lotus, no need to talk about it. However, continuing to listen to their announcements and orders in the missions is a bit strange.

Personally I would like much more to listen to Ordis and his fantastic humor, instead of to Lotus.

I understand the work that this entails, but I think I would have a lot of fun listening to new dialogues and more with the mentioned humor of Ordis.

I am not saying to remove Lotus, but to add the option of who we want to listen to in missions. If this will happen, in the future you could add voices of other characters like Tenshin.

Thank you for reading.

I would love to be able to pick our mission handler. Been asking for awhile now. 

hace 1 hora, Kyryo dijo:

i'd like more to see the operator itself doing things by his own rather than replacing Lotus with broken cephalons or traitors like tenshin, or even worse people that has nothing to do with us like baro darvo maroo etc...

When they come The Three Grustrag Lotus asks us not to fight and go to the extraction, however we can ignore her and defeat thems.

In the internal war it is the operator who decides to do what he does, in any case we sometimes hear the indications of Tenshin in that adventure, but of course we ignore Lotus. (I hope this does not count as a spoiler, I tried not to give details xD)

And of course from the prologue of the apostasy, we do not follow any order from Lotus, we only hear reproductions of it generated of her by Ordis (obviously it is no longer Lotus that hacks the terminals in the mobile defenses, for example xD).

3 hours ago, Kyryo said:

I don't recall lotus giving Baro any permission during Sands of Inaros.

Edited by Eidolon_Slayer

3 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Ha, you haven't seen the new trailer for the next big update

If you mean the new war, i have. 

But is obvious that we'll find a way to take her back, probably by just planting that helmet back on her head.

11 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

But is obvious that we'll find a way to take her back, probably by just planting that helmet back on her head.

Hopefully we get to make a choice that matters...

Like....

Sun: Take her back. (Replace helmet)

Neutral: Let her decide.

Moon: Destroy her. (Finish her off.)

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

Ordis? with the same joke over and over?, no thank you, I already have him muted. Clem on the other hand... Imagine that, "Clem, clem cleeem clem", "Clem clem clem clem clem", perfection.

I really have ordis muted, he becomes annoying after some time. What about using the syndicates? the character that brief you about the mission could change depending on what syndicate you are friend with, I think using other characters would have to fit with the lore which would make some of the characters unavailable.

10 hours ago, Kyryo said:

Except that is your general defects to the enemy side you stop stop taking orders from them and get a new general. It might be time to get a new general. 

1 hour ago, Kyryo said:

Why is it obvious?  

Warframe breaks from traditional story telling in a lot of ways, I'd be surprised if they forced her back into the same role she escaped from. 

I mean, she was perfectly willing, eager almost, to leave with Ballas in the first place.  Why would she want to come back to the same chamber and resume the narrator position to the Tenno when they are starting to go their own way?

14 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Why is it obvious?  

Warframe breaks from traditional story telling in a lot of ways, I'd be surprised if they forced her back into the same role she escaped from. 

I mean, she was perfectly willing, eager almost, to leave with Ballas in the first place.  Why would she want to come back to the same chamber and resume the narrator position to the Tenno when they are starting to go their own way?

Do you really think DE would remove hours of Reb work in voice-lines and make new one? Voice actors are expensive.