Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what is wrong with "the glass gambit" quest?!

Sharpshooter777

it's only because of DE not allowing "mean" words on their forums, otherwise this thing would be rated M for mature. So to save myself from a ban on my 1st day here, i'll try to contain myself but imagine that i'm furious to the point that I share my dictionary with a sailor who had LITTLE too much booze.

so please remind me WHY we're playing a dumb game of "steal the other dude's pocket change"?! Why can't we just figure out where these "myconians" are helt and break open the joint like we always do? I lost a metric ton of credits simply because: A) Anyo is a sore loser and kills you during your 3rd RE-RUN OF THE SAME. ****ING. MISSION I MIGHT ADD!! B) I need to "stay within a 10 point margine" on the 4th one and losing it twice due to something I can only describe as typical A.I. BS. C) FOR SOME **** REASON, i need to win 3 times to win a part of the quest. However, if I fail only once, ONCE OUT THREE! I'm kicked out of the mission with a severe loss of credits. (I know the Corpus are as greedy as a Crow with a size issue, but this off the charts)

(with a quick look on the wiki I see that 2 MORE RE-RUNS MUST BE DONE IN ORDER TO BE DONE WITH THIS ****-FEST OF A QUEST!)

Who decided THIS was the way to go? Since when do we play by some baggy-eyed, Ivory tower ****wit's rules?! **** this quest, **** Anyowhateverhisnameis, and **** the myconians for all I care right now.

Edited by Sharpshooter777
grammar mistakes

2 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Well, the first part of the quest was great, we need more content like this, but the Index part just killed the whole quest with all the repetitiveness.

at least it gives creds compared to the nidus part grind

Because Index was brought back as a permanent game mode after a period as an event in the same update as the Glast Gambit and DE wanted a tutorial for it.

Because Glast thought it was a good idea, apparently not factoring that we're space ninja into his calculations. Or maybe Neewa was in Neffy's hideout, and we have no idea where that is, and not enough time to find it.

I myself did not have too many problems with completing the quest but it did start to become boring towards the end, but i can see how some people could end up having alot of problems with it. It also does not help that it might be one of the worst quests in the game compared to the rest, so i do feel for you.(But after the quest there is a good chance that you will end up back in the index when you need to farm some credits)

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter777 said:

Why can't we just figure out where these "myconians" are helt and break open the joint like we always do?

Because

a) it's a safer option.

b) more importantly, we don't know their exact location. They're always moved about.

9 minutes ago, Sharpshooter777 said:

A) Anyo is a sore loser and kills you during your 3rd RE-RUN OF THE SAME. ****ING. MISSION I MIGHT ADD!!

The Index match after that does not require a cred investment and retunrs the credits you lost on that, so no loss.

B) I need to "stay within a 10 point margine" on the 4th one and losing it twice due to something I can only describe as typical A.I. BS.

Your problem. I played quest solo, had no problem whatsoever. Bring friends, recruit people in chat, git gud - pick your solution of choice.

11 minutes ago, Sharpshooter777 said:

C) FOR SOME **** REASON, i need to win 3 times to win a part of the quest. However, if I fail only once, ONCE OUT THREE! I'm kicked out of the mission with a severe loss of credits. (I know the Corpus are as greedy as a Crow with a size issue, but this off the charts)

No rebuttal here, but them's the breaks.

12 minutes ago, Sharpshooter777 said:

So to save myself from a ban on my 1st day here, i'll try to contain myself but imagine that i'm furious to the point that I share my dictionairy with a sailor who's a LITTLE too much booze.

And this just prevents from taking you seriously in any way.

If you want to swear, swear. If you're afraid, you're too young to be here. Though from the tone of your post that much os obvious anyway.

Wow... This just described my feelings for the quest perfectly.
I have not completed it, and it has been sitting in my "available" quests tab for months now. I just can't bring myself to do it again after losing that man credits... and wasting so much time in getting them too.

But, from what I got when it comes to the community... just do the thing with maxed out Rhino. And no I don't have a build for it.

1 minute ago, LucielaFox said:

Wow... This just described my feelings for the quest perfectly.
I have not completed it, and it has been sitting in my "available" quests tab for months now. I just can't bring myself to do it again after losing that man credits... and wasting so much time in getting them too.

But, from what I got when it comes to the community... just do the thing with maxed out Rhino. And no I don't have a build for it.

just look what iron skin gets its damager red from and build for that?

Just now, sati44 said:

The only thing you need is iron skin rhino and the plasmor. It's one of the easiest things you can do. The arca melts everything and with iron skin on they won't even scratch your health.

Staying alive isn't a problem. Getting juuuuuust the right amount of points without the other team magically gaining +10 at the end of a match is. thanks for the tip, though.

27 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Well, the first part of the quest was great, we need more content like this, but the Index part just killed the whole quest with all the repetitiveness.

I agree with you. That part was good.

22 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

a) it's a safer option.

#*!% safety. We're space warriors running around with anti-material rifles, artillery cannons and even radioactive shotguns. 'Safety' is not something Warframe has in its dictionary.

25 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

b) more importantly, we don't know their exact location. They're always moved about.

So is the Kuva Fortress, yet we found that space rock without much trouble.

27 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

And this just prevents from taking you seriously in any way.

If you want to swear, swear. If you're afraid, you're too young to be here. Though from the tone of your post that much os obvious anyway.

After getting kicked from Region chat after calling someone a "weeb", i'm not taking any chances. Not to mention that you dont have to act so high and mightyfor whatever reason you're doing it.

If this motherf*cker Ergo Glast wants these myconians saved then why should I bet MY OWN credits for a cause I dont even believe in?

Well I got 10 at the start and the constantly killed them and ignored the pickups. If a bot got 1 or 2 points I just added points to my score to.

It was easy with the plasmor. I can drop you the builds if you like.

This game mode was a traumatic experience for me till I saw a guide and made the setup. Every time I farm the index in coop I'm first in points and kills. And it's not "cuz I'm dat gut".

Just the setup I'm using makes it a mind numbing experience similar to an fps. Grab energy at the start pop skin and blast the mobs. With the plasmors "bullets" size you don't even need to aim properly. I feel like a hack fraud when people compliment me at the end of a game.

Edited by sati44

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter777 said:

#*!% safety. We're space warriors running around with anti-material rifles, artillery cannons and even radioactive shotguns. 'Safety' is not something Warframe has in its dictionary.

Gave me a nice chuckle. Very true. Although if Capture missions are anything to go by we can set our grenade launchers, bio-nuclear weapons (how else would you describe radiation/viral combo) and Shotguns to stun. VIDYA GAEM LOCHICK.

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter777 said:

So is the Kuva Fortress, yet we found that space rock without much trouble.

"Found" isn't exactly correct, they lured us in, remember? And I assume Teshin had the ability to track it after we rescued him and shared that with us. I mean, he had to go there, being a servant of them and all for ages.

If this motherf*cker Ergo Glast wants these myconians saved then why should I bet MY OWN credits for a cause I dont even believe in?

Corpus logic. Glast's making the bets for us, but we have to pay for the right to compete, I assume.

6 minutes ago, sati44 said:

Well I got 10 at the start and the constantly killed them and ignored the pickups. If a bot got 1 or 2 points I just added points to my score to.

It was easy with the plasmor. I can drop you the builds if you like.

This game mode was a traumatic experience for me till I saw a guide and made the setup. Every time I'm I farm the index in coop I'm first in points and kills. And it's not "cuz I'm dat gut".

Just he setup I'm using it makes it a mind numbing experience similar to an fps. Grab eng at the start pop skin and blast the mobs. With the plasmors "bullets" size you don't even need to aim properly.

well it's a shame that i'm 1 MR short of being able to use it, otheriwse i would simply because it's a badass weapon. So when i can i'll try to use your strategy.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Gave me a nice chuckle. Very true. Although if Capture missions are anything to go by we can set our grenade launchers, bio-nuclear weapons (how else would you describe radiation/viral combo) and Shotguns to stun. VIDYA GAEM LOCHICK.

Definetly agreed. Now it all makes sense as to why those barely armored Grineer VIPs could take a beating. 😄

"Found" isn't exactly correct, they lured us in, remember? And I assume Teshin had the ability to track it after we rescued him and shared that with us. I mean, he had to go there, being a servant of them and all for ages.

Well after the 2nd time I had to face The Index!, Glast tells you that he has an insider somehwere either posing as a guard or with the Myconians themselves. that's also how you get that little girl's drawings to tape to a wall. Glast might aswell just track that guy down with whatever GPS system he uses and send you to coordinates.

Corpus logic. Glast's making the bets for us, but we have to pay for the right to compete, I assume.

Then he should pay that too. Not my problem his people are trapped.

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter777 said:

well it's a shame that i'm 1 MR short of being able to use it, otheriwse i would simply because it's a badass weapon. So when i can i'll try to use your strategy.

Here. You don't need prime mods, I was fine with normal Point Blank. For index fire rate and reload speed really help a lot with kill speed when you use the plasmor. I tested other builds but this is just the fastest way to melt them even on med investment.

new_1.jpg

new_2.jpg

2 minutes ago, sati44 said:

Here. You don't need prime mods, I was fine with normal Point Blank. For index fire rate and reload speed really help a lot with kill speed when you use the plasmor. I tested other builds but this is just the fastest way to melt them even on med investment.

new_1.jpg

new_2.jpg

That.. That is beauty in it's purest form. However, I ment that i'm 1 rank too short of being able to equip the weapon seeing as i'm a MR 9, not a MR 10.

Also, I don't I'll get my hands on those mods and arcanes anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter777 said:

That.. That is beauty in it's purest form. However, I ment that i'm 1 rank too short of being able to equip the weapon seeing as i'm a MR 9, not a MR 10.

Also, I don't I'll get my hands on those mods and arcanes anytime soon.

Oh ignore the arcanes:P you don't need them for anything. Can you do this quest in coop?? I can hop in and help you.

Edited by sati44

In a more civil tone, the quest.... kinda really sucks. It starts on a very strong high with an adaptation of our usual defense mission. When this was released, it was also the first time seeing actual civilians outside of a relay. Two very strong points toward it seeming like a cool quest.

And then it goes into the Index... but meaner. In the later iterations of the Index-ing, Nef starts cheating to force you to loose which makes you waste money. You do get some credits refunded, but not if you lost at any other point besides the designated "his cheating makes it impossible for you to win so you just have to suffer" round.

The quest never returns to the interesting aspects of the beginning, nor does it really have any tie in with the farm location for Nidus. The quest at this point is dragging a dead horse. Last year when I did the quest, I actually ragequit doing the quest and paused it for at least a full month because of the Index section. And I had friends helping me and I still gave up on it. Now when I'm helping out newbie friends, it's Arca Plasmors and Atlas. I'm more than relieved that Octavia's Anthem broke away from how quests were done in the Silver Grove-Jordas Precept-Glast Gambit era. Those are not DE's strongest quests.

1 minute ago, Lancelot185 said:

I didn't even bother finishing this quest, found it too tedious and poorly designed.

Absolutely understandable.

4 minutes ago, sati44 said:

Oh ignore the arcanes:P you don't need them for anything. Can you do this quest in coop?? I can hop in and help you.

I think you can do it in co-op. But sadly this anyo #*!%face stole all my credits. Shame that no game allows alt+f4 mid-mission anymore 😞

20 minutes ago, Sharpshooter777 said:

Well after the 2nd time I had to face The Index!, Glast tells you that he has an insider somehwere either posing as a guard or with the Myconians themselves. that's also how you get that little girl's drawings to tape to a wall. Glast might aswell just track that guy down with whatever GPS system he uses and send you to coordinates.

Huh. Yeah, that logic checks out.

Goddamnit Glast… This is why I don't work for you. That and the Arbiters have a good dental plan.

21 minutes ago, Sharpshooter777 said:

Then he should pay that too. Not my problem his people are trapped.

Well, Glast's Corpus too remember. Sure, a far more altruistic one (he doesn't believe charity is a sin, for one thing) and far more reasonable, but he still worships the almighty dollar... err, credit. Plat? Anyway, he still follows most of the general Corpus rules, if not some of the more greedy specifics. So having us have to pay for the betting ourselves kinda makes sense. Probably why he's not very fond of Neffy as well, since Nef made his riches off cult donations and debt slavery, not business acumen. And probably also explains why Glast doesn't actually pay the Tenno a salary. I mean, they already produce half the stuff they give the Tenno for their other employees along with paying the latter, so since we're willing to work for their standard issue equipment, why pay us? 

Then again, maybe he just gets a cut of the money if we win...

48 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Huh. Yeah, that logic checks out.

Goddamnit Glast… This is why I don't work for you. That and the Arbiters have a good dental plan.

Well, Glast's Corpus too remember. Sure, a far more altruistic one (he doesn't believe charity is a sin, for one thing) and far more reasonable, but he still worships the almighty dollar... err, credit. Plat? Anyway, he still follows most of the general Corpus rules, if not some of the more greedy specifics. So having us have to pay for the betting ourselves kinda makes sense. Probably why he's not very fond of Neffy as well, since Nef made his riches off cult donations and debt slavery, not business acumen. And probably also explains why Glast doesn't actually pay the Tenno a salary. I mean, they already produce half the stuff they give the Tenno for their other employees along with paying the latter, so since we're willing to work for their standard issue equipment, why pay us? 

Then again, maybe he just gets a cut of the money if we win...

That just figures. Here I was thinking "hm, maybe joining the Perrin Sequence as Pirate Hydroid would be a good idea". guess not. sneaky MF

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter777 said:

That just figures. Here I was thinking "hm, maybe joining the Perrin Sequence as Pirate Hydroid would be a good idea". guess not. sneaky MF

This is why I'm an Arbiter of Hexis! Sure they might be dogmatic and slightly overboard about Deifying Teenagers, but at least they give me free stuff because they genuinely think I'm a god or something instead of because they just don't want to pay me! That's not exploitative in the slightest!

For me.