Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"We will be spending a large part of the stream on Melee!"

Hammahness808

As someone who's been anticipating any news (or releases) on Melee 3.0, I felt like this statement didn't whole very true and I was pretty disappointed. Most of the talk of Melee only lasted for 15 minutes and you did not address really anything that the playerbase is worried about or had questions about. It took so long to receive any information about the progress of it and now we have to wait even longer for a detailed workshop post or at minimum another two weeks for yet another devstream.

With that said, I was super happy to hear about the changes you guys did discuss and show off and the fact that you even hold the devstreams and display unfinished work to share with us in the first place. I'm very excited about the stance and combo revisit. What got me hooked on Warframe in the first place was playing with Excalibur and just going ham with slash dash and going sword-only. Throw in parkour, abilities, and the optional gun use - and I was hooked.

Ye..half of the stream is just talk about dojo and Corpus Gas City rework..and no words about melee warframes ult tweaks/full reworks(Like Valkyr)..still Melee 3.0 is looking good and..its only 50% ready..kinda disapointing

Edited by NoLazyShadow

25% of an hour isn't considered a large part? That aside, I'm really not surprised they didn't go into new interactions for mods and such. Thats way too time consuming to discuss the individual points of. Its not exactly devstream material where the point is to show stuff physically, not rattle off number changes and similar. I think that its better to put all that info on "paper" so the community can digest it at their own pace.

It felt like the PLAN was to talk about melee but then they ended up needing to fill space due to not being as far along as anticipated.

Just compare the statements...

Last stream: "We're mostly done and in the polishing stages."

This stream: "We're like 50% done."

In true DE fashion, it seems they've stumbled into doing more work than originally planned. I really hope the Dev Workshop is more illuminating.

4 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

It felt like the PLAN was to talk about melee but then they ended up needing to fill space due to not being as far along as anticipated.

In true DE fashion, it seems they've stumbled into doing more work than originally planned. I really hope the Dev Workshop is more illuminating.

I don't think you fully understand. They have most of the animations and stuff but not everything is connected and audio isn't done. As such both statements could be considered accurate in terms of overall assets and work left.

7 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

As normal, I let the Prime Time's play in the background while I do other stuff and this most recent one (yesterday), they mentioned they were only at the halfway point - so this is what I expected to hear today.

I wish they had spent more time showing off the new combos and at least addressing the concerns of the community in regards to channeling based mods and combo counter based mods and 'Frames rather than faffing about with trying to get the "dual wield any single-handed melee with any single-handed secondary" to work, but I will say I'm at least say I'm happy with what I've seen of the new combo system, and I'm eager to see how the new combos will work for the Blade and Whips (I may love that category, but this change will give them the mobility I feel they so desperately need).

11 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

I wish they had spent more time showing off the new combos and at least addressing the concerns of the community in regards to channeling based mods and combo counter based mods and 'Frames rather than faffing about with trying to get the "dual wield any single-handed melee with any single-handed secondary" to work, but I will say I'm at least say I'm happy with what I've seen of the new combo system, and I'm eager to see how the new combos will work for the Blade and Whips (I may love that category, but this change will give them the mobility I feel they so desperately need).

They are going to give a workshop on the mod changes. Its for the better. If they went through all the mod changes, they could probably fill 2 devstreams if they stopped to comment on them.

Thats way too time consuming to discuss the individual points of. Its not exactly devstream material where the point is to show stuff physically, not rattle off number changes and similar.

Personally, I'm not too concerned with the numbers but I did want to know how the stats were changed to reflect the removal of channeling and everything related to combos.

25 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

I don't think you fully understand. They have most of the animations and stuff but not everything is connected and audio isn't done. As such both statements could be considered accurate in terms of overall assets and work left.

Nope, because they didn't bother making that distinction 2 weeks ago. It wasn't "we're mostly done with just animations," it was "we're mostly done with melee 3.0 and are in the polishing phase."

I fully understand the current situation, and let's be clear that I'm not complaining about it. DE should take their time.

I'm just saying that it looks like another case of running behind schedule due to DE's well-established habit of ambitiously taking reworks even further than announced.

This isn't a "oh, we meant mostly done with animations" miscommunication; they explicitly suggested that the rework was complete enough to maybe ship with Revenant.

Revenant is mostly done. They showed as much on the stream. Yet melee is suddenly only 50% done? Clearly there was an unplanned delay in the mix.

Again, that's FINE. But just looking at the available evidence it should be obvious.

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

I believe the phrase used during the devstream was "Dramatically buffed"

I meant how mods translate from xx% channeling damage to xx% what, heavy damage? Combo bonus damage? Bonus damage? Like, what would the stat translate to. Not the numbers of it.

Just now, DiabolusUrsus said:

Nope, because they didn't bother making that distinction 2 weeks ago. It wasn't "we're mostly done with just animations," it was "we're mostly done with melee 3.0 and are in the polishing phase."

I fully understand the current situation, and let's be clear that I'm not complaining about it. DE should take their time.

I'm just saying that it looks like another case of running behind schedule due to DE's well-established habit of ambitiously taking reworks even further than announced.

This isn't a "oh, we meant mostly done with animations" miscommunication; they explicitly suggested that the rework was complete enough to maybe ship with Revenant.

Revenant is mostly done. They showed as much on the stream. Yet melee is suddenly only 50% done? Clearly there was an unplanned delay in the mix.

Again, that's FINE. But just looking at the available evidence it should be obvious.

Most likely the Ninja on fire thing came up. And whilst that's something that's piqued my interest, it's demonstrably in a less-done state than the rest of it.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Most likely the Ninja on fire thing came up. And whilst that's something that's piqued my interest, it's demonstrably in a less-done state than the rest of it.

Among other things, for sure. Like I originally said, this looks like another case of taking a rework way further than they originally planned (or at least announced). Last we had heard channeling was getting removed and not simply reworked.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I really hope that isn't what's holding them back. While it's just channeling with a bit of style, they shouldn't tack on a mechanic that's being removed in the first place and delay the massive melee pass that's been a pretty long wait already.

1 minute ago, Hammahness808 said:

I really hope that isn't what's holding them back. While it's just channeling with a bit of style, they shouldn't tack on a mechanic that's being removed in the first place and delay the massive melee pass that's been a pretty long wait already.

Names same, mechanic type is incredibly different. Its more of like a state than it is a simple buff. Kind of like an exalted state but different. At least from the description we got thats what I understand.

8 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Names same, mechanic type is incredibly different. Its more of like a state than it is a simple buff. Kind of like an exalted state but different. At least from the description we got thats what I understand.

Indeed. They describe it like a God of War building up power kind of thing, so it sounds like might be in the vein of DMC's Devil Trigger. 

Hopefully it's worth it - I'd love to see a different power per Weapon or Warframe.

2 hours ago, Hammahness808 said:

you did not address really anything that the playerbase is worried about or had questions about

To be fair, what's there to be worried about?

Let's not get crazy with "outrage culture" here. This is DE we're talking about. Chances are they'll do a damn fine job, and they're very good at listening to us. They're just not very fast at making changes or fixing problems, because of how much work they have to do with such a small group of people.

In the words of SC2 Dehaka: "Change is good."

3 hours ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

25% of an hour isn't considered a large part?

Context wise, I'm sure I could agree with you. If the stream had 20 topics and one of them took up 15 minutes, yeah, that could be a majority. However, if I told you a majority of countries are first world countries and then showed you the math that only said 25% of them were, given that number, it would be pretty misleading. If I told you that I got the majority of damage in a mission but you saw on the progress screen that I only did 25% of the total damage - that would seem misleading. If I sold you a bottle of juice and told you a majority of it was pure juice, you seeing "Made with 25% juice" on the label - my statement would be misleading. See where I'm coming from?

Edited by Hammahness808

1 minute ago, Hammahness808 said:

Context wise, I'm sure I could agree with you. If the stream had 20 topics and one of them took up 15 minutes, yeah, that could be a majority. However, if I told you a majority of countries are first world countries and then showed you the math that only said 25% of them were, given that number, it would be pretty misleading. If I told you that I got the majority of damage in a mission but you saw on the progress screen that I only did 25% of the total damage - that would seem misleading. If I sold you a bottle of juice and told you a majority of it was pure juice, you seeing "Made with 25% juice" on the label - my statement would be misleading. See where I'm coming from?

You're taking a witty remark way too seriously.