Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acolyte Event

thegreatAce21

So this will be my 1st Acolyte event, I saw in a youtube video that Angst will be the 1st to spawn. I also saw that when the overall health/progress in the navigation is depleted/completed the next Acolyte will emerge. My question is, how usually does per Acolyte last? I only play after work, I worry that I might miss farming mods for an Acolyte. I would love to have some Acolyte mods too.

1 minute ago, thegreatAce21 said:

What do you mean by decaying rate? 

4 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

As far as I know the %-decaying is time based and ends right before the timer hits 0. It's just for us to think we could do anything

4 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

This. Razorback and the Acolytes are on a fixed timer. 

The decaying health of the Acolytes is based on time...not on killcount like many people think. You have about 48 hrs to find and kill each Acolyte before they will be gone

They show up on a node, you have like 2 or 3 attemps and then the Acolyte moves on for about an hour. After he appears again the same repeats

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Going by how the event went last time, they'll be around for an hour then die because players want that sweet sweet spin to win mod.

This is such a player who thinks so.

2 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

The decaying health of the Acolytes is based on time...not on killcount like many people think. You have about 48 hrs to find and kill each Acolyte before they will be gone

They show up on a node, you have like 2 or 3 attemps and then the Acolyte moves on for about an hour. After he appears again the same repeats

Felt like a hard grind for the mods. Thanks!

11 minutes ago, thegreatAce21 said:

So there's a big chance that by the time I play, its the 3rd - 4th Acolyte already?

Just using hyperboles. I'm sure it'll last the entire week at least. Though we will definitely never see Misery, the Nekros acolyte. He only appeared in the intial Shadow Debt event. Every return event he was left out. 

depends on the Acolyte in question really. the ones that drop Maiming Strike and Argon Scope likely won't be around as long as the others as those mods are in very high demand. the uncertainty of how Maiming Strike will perform post-melee 3.0 will also likely drive incentive to grind for it, even if it's just to sell it on trading.

the other acolytes will likely decay a lot slower, but each of them will be around for 24 hours, so just keep an eye out and go for them when their location is known.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

depends on the Acolyte in question really. the ones that drop Maiming Strike and Argon Scope likely won't be around as long as the others as those mods are in very high demand. the uncertainty of how Maiming Strike will perform post-melee 3.0 will also likely drive incentive to grind for it, even if it's just to sell it on trading.

the other acolytes will likely decay a lot slower, but each of them will be around for 24 hours, so just keep an eye out and go for them when their location is known.

Other than the initial Acolyte release, they have not been on a fixed health pool. As others have said, it's simply a decay timer. They'll die the same speed if 0 players hunt them, as if 26 million registered losers users do. DE learned that from the initial release and adapted.

8 minutes ago, Azlen said:

Other than the initial Acolyte release, they have not been on a fixed health pool. As others have said, it's simply a decay timer. They'll die the same speed if 0 players hunt them, as if 26 million registered losers users do. DE learned that from the initial release and adapted.

This is bang on. With the original shadow debt release Torment was steamrolled in a few hours and DE actually brought the acolyte back in order to prolong the event. They also made it so you can't see your mod drop until the end of the mission because initially you could and just aborted if the rare didn't drop.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Danowat32 said:

do these spawn at a certain time?, sounds like quite a limited window to get these mods.

Like I stated above:

• They spawn at a specific time (it was 8pm for me in the last event)
  • The Acolytes are hidden. After a timeframe (of about an hour) they show their location on a planet. If someone stumbles upon them while doing their mission on said planet then the Acolyte goes public (this is shown like the normal stalker flicker and a message)
  • If you are "spamming the refresh button" and are lucky you can get 2-3 missions done with the Acolyte showing before the timeframe is closed and the Acolyte hides themself for the next hour
  • after the "Healthpool"/Time given by DE hits Zero the Acolyte is gone until the next event. (roughly 48-72hrs per Acolyte)
  • Every day a new Acolyte spawns (at 8pm)
  • After all 5 Acolyte are "defeated"/time has run out (Misery never showed himself after the original event) the event is done and you have to wait another 6-12 months

A run goes roughly like this:

- you finish your mission and come back to your orbiter

- you see Acolyte XYZ on Planet Eris (no mission until now revealed)

- you go Akkad (high chance the Acolyte spawns there, at least in the last 2 events)

- or you wait until the specific mission/node has gone public

- you need to find a specific room on the tileset (if it's not being a single room tileset like Defenses) and the Acolyte spawns with a flicker

- they used to be pushover, so you kill them like any Stalker, collect an "unidentified item" and finish your mission

- you get your reward in the reward screen.

- repeat until the Acolyte is hidden again and start over when they show up on the next Planet/mission

22 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Really?  Then why some of them spawn later and yet decay faster then the ones that was already there.

I did about 4 of these events and the acolytes with demanding mods diesnoff way faster that the other ones.

Edited by Mover-NeRo

26 minutes ago, Mover-NeRo said:

Really?  Then why some of them spawn later and yet decay faster then the ones that was already there.

I did about 4 of these events and the acolytes with demanding mods diesnoff way faster that the other ones

sigh...

look at this table of the last event from christmas 2017

Fixed spawntime at 8pm GMT+1 and each one did stay about 75hrs

chart.png

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

2 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

sigh...

look at this table of the last event from christmas 2017

Fixed spawntime at 8pm GMT+1 and each one did stay about 75hrs

chart.png

That is nice graph. But where did the data come from? It looks made up to me.

From my experience i know that some acolytes skiped in % some other acolytes that spawned before them.

3 minutes ago, Mover-NeRo said:

From my experience i know that some acolytes skiped in % some other acolytes that spawned before them.

17 hours ago, torint_man said:

If they didn't have a soft time limit, the maiming strike accolyte would die way too quickly. Which actually happened. In the first accolyte event, the argon scope one died so fast DE had to bring it back.

I did all the Acolyte Events excluded the original one. And they all were the same. Same Spawntime, same decaying rate.

As for the graph, I don't know its origin, but @Voltage posted it yesterday in a different thread about the Acolytes and I have absolutely no reason not to trust his posts