Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you assume the strength of others?

.Versailles.

il y a 8 minutes, Plushy a dit :

I'm just bad at the game so I always assume everyone is better than me 

^~^

The trait of a master is humility.

So i guess you main operator.

Joke aside, second and third tier amp are good and operator is beffy once maxed.

Edited by angias

Stop focussing on others and focus on yourself. Doesn't matter how strong they are only matters how strong you are. Mr means near to nothing. People going down means nothing people have good and bad days. Deaths means nothing some people just self res. No matter what there will be a reason to everything that happens so don't use it to assume something about someone else just focus on making yourself better

il y a 24 minutes, Berdfess a dit :

I think that's too deep for me to understand, could you elaborate

There is also the possibility that you are so strong you never encountered any chalenge and consider everyone else has a nuisance.

Assuming people's strengths (including over- or underestimating your own, as well), is usually not a good thing to do in the first place, I'd say. There are too many factors to consider (both related to their actual "skill", and whatever is going on irl for them).

But, there is ONE interesting thing I have seen, which has been fairly consistent.

Try doing Public Sortie Spy (*shudders*, I know right?) once in a while. You'll very likely find 2 kinds of people.

1) People who are horrible at Spy missions (for whatever reason that may be) and need to be carried. Or, if they try, they ALWAYS screw up. This makes up the vast majority of the people you'll meet here.

2) People who are really good at Spy and are there to try and help the 1st group of people.

Try to not solo Spy next time, I'll guarantee you, it will be... painful an interesting experience.

12 hours ago, S0thaSil said:

that's a bad way to assume someone's proficiency with a frame since not everyone likes to barge in and destroy everything in their path.
here's some examples :

• If I play volt or saryn during any mission that is not assasination or tridolon I'll obviously have the highest damage output if not all damage output in some cases since I'll be spamming my ult to kill everything around me. However , that doesn't mean I'm better than my squad because I didn't even give them the chance to play..
  • If I play EV or bless trinity and my  squad never runs out of energy or health  I'll obviously have the lowest damage output yet that doesn't mean I'm a bad player because I'm actually playing my frame really well and I'm getting the job done (being a support)
  • If I play as limbo during a mobile defense/spy/survival mission I'll have the lowest damage output (unless I hate team play and decide to carry everyone in the squad which is a dic move for a limbo player) but that doesn't mean I'm a bad player either if I successfully hack vaults with no alarms or keep the target/my allies safe with a decent health or energy

damage dealt means almost nothing , this is a game about teamplay , everyone in the squad has his own role , you'll just have to watch them play to see how good they are. I played with some EV trinities in ESO that put my volt to shame because of how good they were.

I never said that the person with the highest damage is better. I even clarified if it is a support class than i don't know how to.

The damage output shows who is being the most efficient and effective. Are you really going to say a 70% damage excalibur is less effective than a 10% excalibur? 

I use this method as the first method to determine people's strengths.  Whenever I join a random mission I look at the damage output, that gives me at least an idea on what is happening.

Then I watch the people play, if they have an amprex or a flamethrower then it is really easy to get the most damage in a defense mission. This method is only effective as a small glimpse of what is happening. It does not determine who is more skilled or not.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb (PS4)RockstarJungle:

You are assuming that his point of the game is the same as what your's may be. Is what it looks like to me. 

hmm idk but for me its playing with others...........and not only with ppl that i know

Kinda the point of an MMO or are MMOisch game like this

On 2018-08-08 at 5:01 PM, (PS4)iQuedas said:

It's still a single-fire, projectile weapon with Charge time. Although I was putting formas on it to fit a riven, it really shouldn't outperform Amprex and Arca Plasmor, weapons that can clear groups of enemies in the blink of an eye, in Regular Sanctuary Onslaught, or any other hitscan weapon they had.

what frame did you take? 

It is easy,if they play hydroid with drop augment,nekro that does nothing but desecrate,trin that does spam EV and "immortality" 
or speed nova
they are strong,if they play something else they can as well just uninstall because i do not want to see them around

:^)

For example if i see slow nova,limbo or Zephyr it is best to just leave , before they reach round 5 in defense,i will be in round 25 with other team.

6 hours ago, Azamagon said:

Assuming people's strengths (including over- or underestimating your own, as well), is usually not a good thing to do in the first place, I'd say. There are too many factors to consider (both related to their actual "skill", and whatever is going on irl for them).

But, there is ONE interesting thing I have seen, which has been fairly consistent.

Try doing Public Sortie Spy (*shudders*, I know right?) once in a while. You'll very likely find 2 kinds of people.

1) People who are horrible at Spy missions (for whatever reason that may be) and need to be carried. Or, if they try, they ALWAYS screw up. This makes up the vast majority of the people you'll meet here.

2) People who are really good at Spy and are there to try and help the 1st group of people.

Try to not solo Spy next time, I'll guarantee you, it will be... painful an interesting experience.

#GroupTwo4Lyfe

37 minutes ago, LazyBlissIV said:

what frame did you take? 

Saryn, but I didn't use Spores because I was leveling my Daikyu. Also, my build has negative range because I don't like the new spore mechanic.