The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acolytes arent worth playing

(XBOX)Scrub8247

With meme strike potentially nerfed to ground and value plummeting. Is it really worth the grind?...

Just saw bunch of bids for less than 100p. This can't be good thing for people thinking of farming it to sell.

Edited by jd2fs

46 minutes ago, fadingtheory said:

Not to be rude, but your way of typing and original posts leaves little room for confidence.

As for the topic of changing RNG rates, I'm afraid that it's unlikely your sample size is large enough to make that determination. The event simply hasn't been running long enough for any single person to collect enough data to make that determination.

Clearly u don't do much internet talk with the limited space u have to type since most sites only give u so much space to do so!!!! 

Sample size, hmmm.

Ran Malice every time it comes up......I've got Focused Defense 22x, Guided Ordinance 5x, Targeting Sub 2xNarrow Barrel 0........so the sample size is large enough....and yes the event has been running long enough.....

Maybe comeback when u finish grade school,  huh?

Just now, (XB1)T0PP HATT said:

Clearly u don't do much internet talk with the limited space u have to type since most sites only give u so much space to do so!!!! 

Sample size, hmmm.

Ran Malice every time it comes up......I've got Focused Defense 22x, Guided Ordinance 5x, Targeting Sub 2xNarrow Barrel 0........so the sample size is large enough....and yes the event has been running long enough.....

You call ~30 tries a good sample size for statistics?

4 hours ago, (XB1)T0PP HATT said:

No, I don't do Twitter. And luckily for us, we aren't on Twitter - We're on an ancient construct from the days of yore. An internet forum. A place with a functionally unlimited amount of characters to use.

29 tries is, in fact, not a large enough sample size to test for something thats drop rate is roughly 1 per 25 missions. This is worse that flipping a coin twice, getting heads (Both times), and declaring that the coin is rigged because a real coin would be 50/50 heads and tails.

I'm long past that point, I'm afraid.

Edited by fadingtheory

8 hours ago, xcenic said:

Shhhh Op, This forum have an army of angry ants who attack you the moment you say acolytes event isnt worthy the time/reward.

It's been very profitable for me. I've gotten all the mods I farmed for so far. Are you saying people shouldn't even try if something isn't given to them for no effort?

People are really beating a dead goose with this rng argument. In the title, it said "worth" it. Do people actually feel that grinding for hundred and hundred of times to chase that mod that is now valued at less than 100p still worth the chase? Come melee 3.0 it may be priced at less than 50p..

1 minute ago, jd2fs said:

People are really beating a dead goose with this rng argument. In the title, it said "worth" it. Do people actually feel that grinding for hundred and hundred of times to chase that mod that is now valued at less than 100p still worth the chase? Come melee 3.0 it may be priced at less than 50p..

2 things:

1) The value of certain mods is only cheaper now because it's currently farmable.  Meaning Supply is up and Demand is down, and thus lower price.
As soon as the event ends in less than a week, the Supply will no longer increase, while the playercount will, what with new players always joining and others coming back from an absence.  This means Supply will stay where it is, but Demand will go up, which means prices will steadily increase again.
That leaves people plenty of time to SELL it for profit BEFORE Melee 3.0, tbh.  So is it worth farming for?  Yes.

2) I play the event because fighting other frame-based enemies is fun, however simple they may be.   I enjoy the change of pace, I find it entertaining, and it pushes me to revisit maps/mission-types I may not have otherwise gone to.  So yes, it is worth it, to me.  If it isn't worth it to others, then they don't have to play it.  It's really that simple.

Bonus) Let's not forget those new players may not have every played against Acolytes, and these mods y'all are complaining you're getting too many of...are still new -to them-.   So it's not just about y'all.  

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

2 things:

1) The value of certain mods is only cheaper now because it's currently farmable.  Meaning Supply is up and Demand is down, and thus lower price.
As soon as the event ends in less than a week, the Supply will no longer increase, while the playercount will, what with new players always joining and others coming back from an absence.  This means Supply will stay where it is, but Demand will go up, which means prices will steadily increase again.
That leaves people plenty of time to SELL it for profit BEFORE Melee 3.0, tbh.  So is it worth farming for?  Yes.

2) I play the event because fighting other frame-based enemies is fun, however simple they may be.   I enjoy the change of pace, I find it entertaining, and it pushes me to revisit maps/mission-types I may not have otherwise gone to.  So yes, it is worth it, to me.  If it isn't worth it to others, then they don't have to play it.  It's really that simple.

Bonus) Let's not forget those new players may not have every played against Acolytes, and these mods y'all are complaining you're getting too many of...are still new -to them-.   So it's not just about y'all.  

A mod that plummets from as much as thousand plat to under 100 plat isn't just normal supply and demand. It's DE scaring the living bleep out of people with this threat to nerf it. I'm glad I sold everyone of those when it was still hot potato. The thing is with the amount grind needed to get that meme strike I can grind relics and arcanes and other mods to make much more than that 100p. And facing those acolytes become extremely dull after that 100 times. 

4 minutes ago, jd2fs said:

A mod that plummets from as much as thousand plat to under 100 plat isn't just normal supply and demand. It's DE scaring the living bleep out of people with this threat to nerf it. I'm glad I sold everyone of those when it was still hot potato. The thing is with the amount grind needed to get that meme strike I can grind relics and arcanes and other mods to make much more than that 100p. And facing those acolytes become extremely dull after that 100 times. 

You can also, y'know... USE the mods. Some of them are pretty useful. That alone makes it "worth" doing the grind for someone like me who didn't have them and didn't want to buy them. I'm not at all disappointed how it's turned out.

Edited by (PS4)Krikenemp

10 minutes ago, jd2fs said:

Let me put a stop right there....DE didn't "do" anything.  They have an event. The event drops the mods. The exorbitant prices that players seem to agree to sell things at has -nothing- to do with DE.  It's not like DE is purposely manipulating the Plat market, and if they WERE, they'd be doing the opposite, because MORE plat means MORE sales, of course.  

This is nothing more than a fun event and a chance for people like this guy......

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Krikenemp said:

You can also, y'know... USE the mods. Some of them are pretty useful. That alone makes it "worth" doing the grind for someone like me who didn't have them and didn't want to buy them. I'm not at all disappointed how it's turned out.

....to get their hands on some mods they may not have otherwise obtained.  Fact of the matter is, most of the mods dropped ARE useful, so there's no need to complain.

Again, it's fun for some, like myself and Krikenemp, and not as fun for others, like yourself.  That's why it's an OPTIONAL EVENT, and you don't HAVE to join it.  So where's the fire?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Let me put a stop right there....DE didn't "do" anything.  They have an event. The event drops the mods. The exorbitant prices that players seem to agree to sell things at has -nothing- to do with DE.  It's not like DE is purposely manipulating the Plat market, and if they WERE, they'd be doing the opposite, because MORE plat means MORE sales, of course.  

This is nothing more than a fun event and a chance for people like this guy......

....to get their hands on some mods they may not have otherwise obtained.  Fact of the matter is, most of the mods dropped ARE useful, so there's no need to complain.

Again, it's fun for some, like myself and Krikenemp, and not as fun for others, like yourself.  That's why it's an OPTIONAL EVENT, and you don't HAVE to join it.  So where's the fire?

To say de has nothing to do with price of their product is really disingenuous. De has ultimate power in determining what anything is worth in this game. 

Look people can grind all they want but that doesn't mean anything to this. Op raised valid question as to if all this grind is worth the effort. For people who still don't have it maybe it is better to wait until melee 3.0 and then buy it for under 30p. Let others do the heavy lifting. 

i already own all the necessary mods from last year but ill say that the chances on the rare mods are not high enough for a once a year event that has an undetermined duration since the amount of time it takes for them to go away is based on how much the community farms them which means the rarer ones leave the fastest and leave people with the least amount of time screwed the event does need to be changed but meh doesnt effect me they're just potential plat at this point.

OP really doesn't seem to like being disagreed with, eh? Good times.

Anyway, it's RNG. It's always RNG. Just because something has a stated percent chance to drop doesn't mean you're guaranteed to get it that percent of the time. Took me 200+ mid-range spies way back when Ivara first came out before I finally got my first chassis. Just recently with Khora, I got to a point where all I needed was her blueprint, and after farming Onslaught non-stop for over a month, I finally caved and just bought her. And those have a ~5% drop chance. Sometimes things just work out like that.

Just now, XRosenkreuz said:

OP really doesn't seem to like being disagreed with, eh? Good times.

Anyway, it's RNG. It's always RNG. Just because something has a stated percent chance to drop doesn't mean you're guaranteed to get it that percent of the time. Took me 200+ mid-range spies way back when Ivara first came out before I finally got my first chassis. Just recently with Khora, I got to a point where all I needed was her blueprint, and after farming Onslaught non-stop for over a month, I finally caved and just bought her. And those have a ~5% drop chance. Sometimes things just work out like that.

To be fair though, those aren't double RNG and time gated things.

7 minutes ago, Lers said:

To be fair though, those aren't double RNG and time gated things.

Not sure what fairness has to do with it, but okay; you're right, they're not. That's what makes them good examples. OP's complaining that a couple dozen attempts haven't yielded the results they want when the fact is, they could run hundreds and come up just as empty-handed. There's no fine print after RNG that says "but only to a point, after which we'll feel bad for you and hand out a gimme," There's literally no reason to complain in the forums about RNG 'not working' because it's all luck.

Just trying to point out that comparing our regular RNG missions to a double RNG and time gated event that comes around... what? Every year or two is a slight case of apples and oranges. I dont mind grinding for rare S#&$ endlessly when its available all the time, but after hundreds of acolyte kills, and only missing one of the events i still dont have an Argon Scope.

You can see how that can work up salt in some people if you refuse to play the market game.

And to be clear i am talking about actually using the mods, not the sellers market.

7 minutes ago, Lers said:

Just trying to point out that comparing our regular RNG missions to a double RNG and time gated event that comes around... what? Every year or two is a slight case of apples and oranges. I dont mind grinding for rare S#&$ endlessly when its available all the time, but after hundreds of acolyte kills, and only missing one of the events i still dont have an Argon Scope.

You can see how that can work up salt in some people if you refuse to play the market game.

And to be clear i am talking about actually using the mods, not the sellers market.

Except they're literally the same thing. Frame parts dropping is RNG. The Acolyte mods are RNG. Just because one has a limited scope doesn't mean we're entitled to a better drop chance, and it doesn't change the fact that OP's got nothing worse than rotten luck.

1 minute ago, XRosenkreuz said:

Except they're literally the same thing. Frame parts dropping is RNG. The Acolyte mods are RNG. Just because one has a limited scope doesn't mean we're entitled to a better drop chance, and it doesn't change the fact that OP's got nothing worse than rotten luck.

Guess I'm arguing a different point from the OP. He has a small sample size. Sure RNG is RNG, but are the drop percentages fair for a limited time event? Hell naw.

My point: 4% is pretty low if an acolyte is only around for ~4 days. There will be a lot of "unlucky" people that grind for days and not get a single rare mod. Some form of RNG protection with appropriately large amount of kills for a rare wouldn't kill the market (100-200 kills per acolyte per event?).

56 minutes ago, Lers said:

Guess I'm arguing a different point from the OP. He has a small sample size. Sure RNG is RNG, but are the drop percentages fair for a limited time event? Hell naw.

My point: 4% is pretty low if an acolyte is only around for ~4 days. There will be a lot of "unlucky" people that grind for days and not get a single rare mod. Some form of RNG protection with appropriately large amount of kills for a rare wouldn't kill the market (100-200 kills per acolyte per event?).

4% is low but argon scope is really good which supports the fact that is is a rare mod.  By increasing the drop rate, it would be more easily accessible making a really good mod, into an uncommon/common mod.  As you have said before, there will be a lot of unlucky people, but they're also a lot of lucky people too.  

Just like from reading a bunch of other posts about how the game is too hard for you doesn't mean that it should be made easier just because you have a hard time with it; granted this is slightly different because it involves a random number generator (RNG) but please, stop asking for things on a silver platter because it discredits those who have invested the time and effort.  As well all know this is a grind, even on steam reviews it says that this is a grind as a "beware" fact.  What did you expect?