Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Open World

DeathDweller

So first of all i know that the next open world we'll get after Venus will be probably Mars with it having some connection to Ballas also as it was the place he had his base when the empire was alive but i saw this:

35zYy4z.jpg

And thought why not Uranus?(not pun intended)This scene reminds me of the last stage in Crysis and brought to my mind the movie Waterworld if anyone has seen it.

Now i know how most of you will hate a water level or even an open world but my idea is this:

A big vast ocean with island(s) to serve as Cetus does or  Solaris will do in which we can travel on jets just like in Waterworld, well more Warframed and high-tech jets. 

Have battles on the sea with the Grineer prob, maybe a boss Eidolon-like battle on those same jets or a big ship like in Railjack and maybe a huge underwater area or even cities to explore and fight.That would mean a new underwater mechanic also cause Sharkwing will drive everyone away as it is now.

That place would be beautiful though and more unique than just having another dead planet to explore(which i don't have anything against with) but why not try something new?

Maybe this belongs to feedback but i wanted to see what others think of this idea first.

Edited by DeathDweller

I dont think Uranus would work well. Its all water with the occasional outpost. The ratio of normal gameplay vs archwing would be in archwings favor with would put some people off. "especially because there are more people who dislike sharkwing then archwing."

If anything I can see DE going and trying to do one for the infestation on Eris as it would give all 3 primary factions an open world. Eris already has lore for it too with the planets surface supposedly ravaged by the infestation. Beyond that I can see them going back to places Mars or Mercury to get a verity in landscape styles.

after venus next area will be sentient outpost most likely related to new war much like lua and kuva fortress and dont forget corpus gass citi changes are coming to only after they work on who knows what my guess would be mercury

why ? well two reasons in my opinion , one is what mercury doesnt have its own tileset it uses grineer asteroid base , second prob because of progress pathing 

Edited by bad4youLT

1 minute ago, bad4youLT said:

after venus next area will be sentient outpost most likely related to new war much like lua and kuva fortress and dont forget corpus gass citi changes are coming to only after they work on who knows what my guess would be mercury

why ? well two reasons in my opinion , one is what mercury doesnt have its own tileset it uses grineer asteroid base , second prob because of progress pathing 

I think sentient outposts will be quasi open world. Railjack will be in play to get to them so id imagine you use Railjack to explore the system and find outposts then board and raid them like they were a normal tilset on the inside.

Eh, I'm honestly just hoping they progress through the star chart naturally. They did Earth first. Venus is next. I wouldn't be surprised if they then do Mercury. Then Mars. Then Phobos.

Neither Cetus nor Fortuna had any direct connections to the cinematic quest lore stuff going on right now.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Uranus NEEDS to have space pirates being a thing. I'd love to raid Grineer vessels with a Tenno Galleon, full on ship warfare with massive cannons, before boarding them and taking all their loot! ARRR, WALK THE PLANK, YE CLONED DOGS!!

alright, maybe a little much like AC: Black Flag, but I don't see that as a bad thing. good opportunity to expand upon Sharkwing as well (making it faster would be a good start, I'm usually half--asleep going through the larger underwater tiles). perhaps take a leaf out of Bioshock and give us a larger underwater city to explore, with it's own inhabitants and such. and what about underwater Sentient battles? Hunhow's still undah da sea, so fighting water-borne Sentients would be pretty interesting too!

the only limit is imagination, and there's a lot DE could do, but DE seem to be going through each planet in starchart progression order, which means Uranus will likely be one of the last planets to get the open world treatment.

Just now, DeathDweller said:

Yeah i forgot about that Hunhow was there also thanks for reminding me.

np. he still gets around though, like in Octavia's Anthem, it's just his physical form there. a shell.

ooh, what about exploring giant Conch shells made by giant alien Crustaceans? see, tons of possibilities in this brainstorming stage. I think after Fortuna, Mercury will be next up for the open world treatment, not sure what they'll do (though for all the game's flaws, I thought Destiny's incarnation of a Vex-Assimilated Mercury was pretty good).

7 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

np. he still gets around though, like in Octavia's Anthem, it's just his physical form there. a shell.

ooh, what about exploring giant Conch shells made by giant alien Crustaceans? see, tons of possibilities in this brainstorming stage. I think after Fortuna, Mercury will be next up for the open world treatment, not sure what they'll do (though for all the game's flaws, I thought Destiny's incarnation of a Vex-Assimilated Mercury was pretty good).

Well as someone stated above Mercury will probably get a total makeover but since next faction is Corpus i believe a Grineer or Infested one is next.I'm not sure about Sentient outposts yet in my mind it's like a new planet with some nodes so far.

1 hour ago, bad4youLT said:

Mercury could easily be the hell scape, lava land that so many people wanted from venus. 

It's the last chance DE has to do one, cause the rest of the planets are cold

1 hour ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they then do Mercury

24 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Mercury could easily be the hell scape, lava land that so many people wanted from venus. 

Maybe a mix of Grineer and infestation? The Once Awake quest takes place on Mercury, maybe they can finally elaborate on Dr. Tengus and have a massive quarantined zone that's overrun with unique infested, ideally some fire breathing lava-dwelling beasties for the big bosses that have fully adapted to their environment. That way the first 3 open worlds cover each of the factions, and if DE puts that project on hold to elaborate on the Sentient outpost and even prepare Tau we'll have a dose of each.

Edited by Beartornado

I suspect it'll be Mars giving us a "Desert" /"Mad Max" world.

Then Jupiter for a "Cloud City".

Then Uranus for a Underwater Adventure type of World.

Both Jupiter & Uranus would use Archwig heavily however so I expect Archwig to be revamped by then.

Lastly would be Eris for an Infested Hellworld. (Not looking forward to it gameplay wise. Excited for it visually though.)

12 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Uranus NEEDS to have space pirates being a thing. I'd love to raid Grineer vessels with a Tenno Galleon, full on ship warfare with massive cannons, before boarding them and taking all their loot! ARRR, WALK THE PLANK, YE CLONED DOGS!!

alright, maybe a little much like AC: Black Flag, but I don't see that as a bad thing. good opportunity to expand upon Sharkwing as well (making it faster would be a good start, I'm usually half--asleep going through the larger underwater tiles). perhaps take a leaf out of Bioshock and give us a larger underwater city to explore, with it's own inhabitants and such. and what about underwater Sentient battles? Hunhow's still undah da sea, so fighting water-borne Sentients would be pretty interesting too!

the only limit is imagination, and there's a lot DE could do, but DE seem to be going through each planet in starchart progression order, which means Uranus will likely be one of the last planets to get the open world treatment.

*cough* Railjack

31 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Infested open world on Erie. It only really makes sense that the three big factions get their own open worlds. But if they stop at Fortuna that’ll be fine too.

Doubt they'd stop there, well unless everyone gets bored and the whole game pops up like it rises now

Il y a 20 heures, KubrowTamer a dit :

I dont think Uranus would work well. Its all water with the occasional outpost.

That's true, unless you do the landscape on the ocean floor 😄

You get sharkwing for the gathering part, where you go hunting for deep sea fish etc, and the normal landscape areas inside sealed undersea bases. Just how cool would that be 😄

That said to be honest the single landscape I'm looking forward the most is, if they ever do it, a Moon landscape. The art released with The Second Dream was gorgeous, i so want to do free roaming there amidst ruined Orokin structures...