Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Arcanes

Loviam

Outside of guardian and Grace, what are peoples arcane suggestions for this build?

Steel charge, cunning drift, umbral fibre, umbral vitality, umbral intensify, augur reach, streamline, continuity, larva aug, rage.

I mean it's either Guardian/Grace, or Grace/Grace. Why are you looking for arcanes that give nidus little to no benefit comparatively? I guess Energize somewhere in there is the only other thing I could remotely see using on him if you have energy struggles.

3 hours ago, Loviam said:

Outside of guardian and Grace, what are peoples arcane suggestions for this build?

Steel charge, cunning drift, umbral fibre, umbral vitality, umbral intensify, augur reach, streamline, continuity, larva aug, rage.

Larva Aug is trash btw

And guard grace is the way to go. I've tested 2 guards and 2 grace also. The dmg mitigation from his 3 works better with just 1 and 1

Not stretch because umbral builds are super tight in mod points. Same reason for using regular continuity. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)MildWitDatYac said:

Larva Aug is trash btw

And guard grace is the way to go. I've tested 2 guards and 2 grace also. The dmg mitigation from his 3 works better with just 1 and 1

I whole heartedly disagree with the augenent comment. It comes in handy in low level missions and in high level missions when I need to CC

I actually run arcane acceleration for the opticor i used to kill mobs in his larva, yeah i know, i know, "just stomp" but i was trying to find weapons which synergise well with all his tools which frankly don't need any weapons at all.

Also ditch rage for hunter adrenaline, it's specifically better.

6 minutes ago, W4RM3CH4N1C said:

I actually run arcane acceleration for the opticor i used to kill mobs in his larva, yeah i know, i know, "just stomp" but i was trying to find weapons which synergise well with all his tools which frankly don't need any weapons at all.

Also costs more mod points.

6 hours ago, W4RM3CH4N1C said:

It makes so little difference it's not worth it. 5% energy conversion. And my pets aren't for damage. My sentinel is for developing my Simulacrum and my kavat us for armor stripping and buffing my damage 

6 hours ago, Loviam said:

It makes it more controllable. If you cast a long larva then get swamped with more enemies you'll want to be able to cancel and recast 

If you're using your 3rd, being swamped isn't an issue plus the regen from your 4th if you really need it. 

6 hours ago, Loviam said:

Yup and it's not consistent enough for me. I find I run out of energy too fast.

The poo-poo'ing hunter adrenaline isn't exactly helping you is it? HA isn't specifically for using for pets like i said it's just a better mod.

Sure it needs more point, but it does make a difference, esp alongside things like zenurik.

The main thing that needs to be said is if you're running out of enery too fast - you're definitely doing something wrong when you're playing with him. It's simply not at issue players have with him.

The only time energy is even remotely an issue is when you're surrounded by plenty of parasitics etc. But that's not his efficiency, that's the mobs of course.

Also IMO this build on nidus with umbral mods is actually a waste of time, the mods you give up on for a few percent extra HP or armour really hurts a lot of what other things you'll install etc but each to their own and best of luck with it.

Also as said before if you're going into higher level content, ditch the augment, it's really not necessary if you have your build setup correctly.

I use arcanes that benefit my weapons as I find the extra armor or energy gain from the legendary arcanes excessive. I use Arcane Strike since I mainly play melee on my Nidus and Arcane Velocity for the old reliable Pyrana Prime. It seems that melee arcanes would suit you as well since you have Steel Charge.

ran into the same question myself today after noticing my Nidus had No Arcanes installed. I read through them all and I came to the same conclusion as OP; Grace and Guardian are the only Arcanes that really benefit Nidus, since they just make him better at what he's already good at: being hard to kill. also finally got my hands on the Insatiable Augment; it's pretty good but I feel 60% chance is too low sometimes, 70% or 80% would be a better figure for days when you get bad luck, but it's still pretty nice for defense missions.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7