Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elite Alerts (Please, Let's Make this Right)

ShinTechG

So far, love this idea (Devstream 115). We need to start getting more instant content focused for endgame and high levels without having to do endless mind-numbing hours. So far, the following feature you have planned for Elite Alerts is a great start to a much better endgame:

• No revives! 

What I would like to see in Elite Alerts. The name should really live up to the challenge

• Enemy Elemental Enhancements
  • Enemy Shield and Armor Augments
  • Random difficulty modifiers that are in Rathuum Arena on Sedna should be in Elite alerts: (Ex Health drain, Ability duration limit, Tougher enemies, etc)
  • PROPER REWARDS TO LIVE UP TO THE CHALLENGE 🙂

DE, please don't just let this be a thing with just higher enemy levels. Make it really challenging. Remember, we got some OP builds, rivens and more out there that we need to be put to the challenge without doing endless long runs

Edited by ShinTechG

I believe it should last really long and mission directives should change overtime such as starts as a spy mission then turns into sabotage and right before leaving the ship in a limited amount of time cache finding

Edited by Shidonia

TBH, if they are going to leave them as No Revive Alerts, I would probably beat them at my first try because the build I have in my Valkyr was tested in Mot and that build let me stay alive there until 60+ mins. Enemies there hit way harder than any enemy in the game so Elite alerts to me, would be like a normal Alert or Sortie.

To be honest if they keep the 'No revives' condition the Elite Alerts will likely have their own 'Meta' so to say, we're talking huge tanks that take next to no damage, Valkyrs, it'd be interesting, but could still potentially be cheesed through.

I don't think the 'No revives' condition are necessary, what we need are conditions that challenge and truly push players, no revives aren't exactly that, people will be bringing frames and builds designed to take this damage.

We're talking elemental enchancements, weapon restrictions, shield augmentations all at the same time, that could make it challenging, tricky AND be rewarding.

TL;DR - Put multiple sortie restrictions for the alerts instead as it could be more challenging than a simple 'No revive' condition, which could be cheesed with Link Trin, Turbulence Zephyr, Rhino, Valkyr or anything else with an ability to remain invisible or tank damage.

Edited by Latiac

6 minutes ago, Latiac said:

TL;DR - Put multiple sortie restrictions for the alerts instead as it could be more challenging than a simple 'No revive' condition, which could be cheesed with Link Trin, Turbulence Zephyr, Rhino, Valkyr or anything else with an ability to remain invisible or tank damage.

Yup I agree. Multiple difficulty modifiers would be the way to go if this is to be challenging. Maybe even some elite enemies that can greatly debuff players from a distance to encourage tactics like prioritizing targets

51 minutes ago, ShinTechG said:

Maybe even some elite enemies that can greatly debuff players from a distance to encourage tactics like prioritizing targets

We already got those Enemies and they are called Scrambus, Combas, Nullifiers, Ancient Disruptors and Healers.

2 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

We already got those Enemies and they are called Scrambus, Combas, Nullifiers, Ancient Disruptors and Healers.

I know, but I mean on a more serious level. Maybe more of them at a time

Edited by ShinTechG

I'd love to see many of the sparsely used special enemies DE has make appearances in this mode.

The Night-watch Grineer, Grineer Bailiffs, the Hyenas Types, Lynxs, MORE Bursa's than usual, Ambulus etc.

Then as like some sorta Mini Boss or Kill squads, spawn the Rathum Gladiators & Auditors from The Index. For Infested spawn the Juggernaught Behemoths.

I just want more Higher level content to fight.

3 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

I personally feel like they could all do with some further tweaks, with the exception of Scrambus and Combas, who are good for the spot they inhabit.

Nullifiers are pretty balanced when they're on their own since their easy to spot and there's a variety of options to deal with them, but when more than one spawns in the same area or several spawn sequentially they lose a lot of the counterplay options which makes the player awareness feel a lot less satisfying, since it often goes unrewarded. Right now I'm often left with a feeling of 'Good job, you played well, but another one spawned behind you when you were doing that so too bad your abilities don't work anyway', which isn't very engaging. Conditions under which they spawn could be looked at, and them buffed or nerfed to suit their new spawning behaviours.

Ancient Disruptors and Healers could do with being a little more clear. They're very easy to miss in the horde, and that makes them a tad frustrating. A slight scale up or some kind of glow they make that's distinct could go a long way in facilitating targeting them.

However, on topic, I'm glad we have more options for level 80-100 missions. It's a pretty fun challenge for me at that level, but some of the sortie modifiers make it unnecessarily frustrating, so I'm glad there's now a 'clean' mode where it's that level without anything else to deal with. Kuva Floods provide the level, but you've got other stuff to do than fight enemies at that level. Namely, get Kuva.

4 hours ago, Latiac said:

To be honest if they keep the 'No revives' condition the Elite Alerts will likely have their own 'Meta' so to say, we're talking huge tanks that take next to no damage, Valkyrs, it'd be interesting, but could still potentially be cheesed through.

I don't think the 'No revives' condition are necessary, what we need are conditions that challenge and truly push players, no revives aren't exactly that, people will be bringing frames and builds designed to take this damage.

We're talking elemental enchancements, weapon restrictions, shield augmentations all at the same time, that could make it challenging, tricky AND be rewarding.

Yeah I agree... When I heard no revives. I think No Revives is more of a icing on the cake type of deal. But like after the things that you mentioned as difficultly modifiers.

The challenge ladder IMHO should go: Killing things are harder, Things that induce death, Things that make dying suck. And once you've made a nice plethora of those things, Theeeeen add the No Revive rule. IDK that's just how I feel about the whole thing

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Nullifiers are pretty balanced when they're on their own since their easy to spot and there's a variety of options to deal with them, but when more than one spawns in the same area or several spawn sequentially they lose a lot of the counterplay options which makes the player awareness feel a lot less satisfying, since it often goes unrewarded. Right now I'm often left with a feeling of 'Good job, you played well, but another one spawned behind you when you were doing that so too bad your abilities don't work anyway', which isn't very engaging. Conditions under which they spawn could be looked at, and them buffed or nerfed to suit their new spawning behaviours.

Ancient Disruptors and Healers could do with being a little more clear. They're very easy to miss in the horde, and that makes them a tad frustrating. A slight scale up or some kind of glow they make that's distinct could go a long way in facilitating targeting them.

Nullifers is a bit broken for me. In the Mot run i did, There was one time where I was behind a wall and a Nullifier was right next to it but most of his dome is covered so i think i was safe to cast WarCry again. After i did that, I got one shot so i though "WTF". Also, Nullifers can kill you when you don't see them because When I deactivated Hysteria in a clear area and I was still good to go, I got insta - killed. I was at the other side of the room so a Nullifier must've got me because I know Heavy Gunner's Gorgon don't do that much damage from that distance. So yeah, those guys can stealth kill you which is Cheap.

Finding Ancients is not that big deal for me but the only issue i have with those guys is the Aura. Especially when the Healer and Disruptor work together becasue that means the enemies around them have a DR from your Abilities and your Weapons until you kill them and when you reach lvl 190 or below, that would be annoying to do.

I just hope the rewards will be worth the time spent. 

50k Credits? If it's a 10-wave Defense, 10-min Survival or any other prolonged Endless, it's automatically not worth it. Even two Akkad runs will provide more in less time, not to mention Index. And 500 Endo? Really?..

Any chance we'll get Elite Aura mods there? Like, Primed/Elite Steel Charge with 12 "drain", Energy Regen that's actually worth slotting, Physique that is not junk... One can dream, rite? 

1 minute ago, VPrime96 said:

Nullifers is a bit broken for me. In the Mot run i did, There was one time where I was behind a wall and a Nullifier was right next to it but most of his dome is covered so i think i was safe to cast WarCry again. After i did that, I got one shot so i though "WTF". Also, Nullifers can kill you when you don't see them because When I deactivated Hysteria in a clear area and I was still good to go, I got insta - killed. I was at the other side of the room so a Nullifier must've got me because I know Heavy Gunner's Gorgon don't do that much damage from that distance. So yeah, those guys can stealth kill you which is Cheap.

Yeah, I don't know who's idea it was to give them offensive abilities on top of their existing powers. They're already a big enough threat, they don't need to be SNIPERS.

2 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

Finding Ancients is not that big deal for me but the only issue i have with those guys is the Aura. Especially when the Healer and Disruptor work together becasue that means the enemies around them have a DR from your Abilities and your Weapons until you kill them and when you reach lvl 190 or below, that would be annoying to do.

Yeah, kind of why I said it. Normally it's easy enough, but when you're in a mob that's big enough that their auras are a serious issue, THAT'S when they start to blend in.

Pretty annoying honestly. 

We got a bunch of weapons right now and rivens to buff them. What if the only condition in these alerts just use a specific weapon like "Braton only", "Marelok only" etc. In this condition all the weapon  have the purpose now not just collect dust when leveled to 30.

1 minute ago, Mijuzuki said:

We got a bunch of weapons right now and rivens to buff them. What if the only condition in these alerts just use a specific weapon like "Braton only", "Marelok only" etc. In this condition all the weapon  have the purpose now not just collect dust when leveled to 30.

I don't see this as a good decision. Conditions like sniper only, Shotgun only are narrowing it down enough. Even if it is for example shotgun only, there are many shotguns in the game. if you start to limit it to a specific weapon, that would just be too many people locked out of the content.  There are better ways to make other weapons be used more like what DE did with the rework of primary and secondary, and soon melee. 

19 minutes ago, ShinTechG said:

I don't see this as a good decision. Conditions like sniper only, Shotgun only are narrowing it down enough. Even if it is for example shotgun only, there are many shotguns in the game. if you start to limit it to a specific weapon, that would just be too many people locked out of the content.  There are better ways to make other weapons be used more like what DE did with the rework of primary and secondary, and soon melee. 

Okay fair enough but then don't call this alerts "Elite" it is just another nightmare or sortie like mission.

5 minutes ago, Mijuzuki said:

Okay fair enough but then don't call this alerts "Elite" it is just another nightmare or sortie like mission.

I believe it can still be made to be challenging while making players bring what they like. I don't like comparing other games to Warframe but there are some serious boss fights and missions that are challenging enough without having to limit players to what weapons or Classes they can bring. 

IMO, if a proper challenge cannot be made in a game without limiting player tools, then more planning and balancing needs to be done

Edited by ShinTechG

I think the most amusing thing to me about the "no revivals" is that they said getting downed in a squad will still just have normal bleedout; who even fails to get revived when everyone universally has an at-will invincible stealth mode to pick people up now?

8 hours ago, PhoenyxBird said:

One thing I'd like is having smarter AI for these alerts, for example AI that isn't running in a clean line and is spacing properly, melee units that block, nullifiers actively trying to get you under the bubble, etc.

Now while that would be sick... The chances of that happening are extremely low lol