Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Oxium designed to be a timesink just like nitain or argon?

Fallen_Echo

With the latest changes the capture mission oxium farms entirely died out.

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Capture Mission Changes:
Capture Targets now have a 1 minute Bleedout timer after being downed for 30 seconds, upon which Lotus will now alert you that you’re running out of time to capture the Target. Capture missions had become an unofficial Endless mission with the tactic of leaving the Target squirming on the ground for hours while players dealt with the never-ending horde of enemies. The Bleedout timer has been added as a countermeasure to fix the unintended Endless Capture missions. 

Since this i started to wonder if this material is entirely designed with the same thoughts as nitain and argon. One of them is only avaible in 1 drop at 4 times per day while the other decays so no player can stockpile them.

Oxium is only avaible from 1 specific enemy what is the oxium ossprey. This guy is armored and self destructs as fast as its possible, at level 30 it already has 11K effective health. Theres also an unconfirmed rumor about them saying that they spawn less depending on how long the match has gone on and another one what declares that if killed by physical damage theres a chance that nekros cant desecrate them (possible bug).

Each ossprey drop 7-12 oxium and currently a player needs approx 20K oxium to build everything what needs it assuming you only build an item what needs it once.

Am i right, is this just another timesink?

21 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

what needs it

Please use "that".

As for whether it's a timesink, I dunno. I've never had to farm it before, I've always had enough.

Still, I wouldn't be opposed to a new enemy having it, perhaps have all drones have a chance to drop it, so shield/nullifier/sapping etc.

58 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Am i right, is this just another timesink?

Welcome to Warframe?

36 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Still, I wouldn't be opposed to a new enemy having it, perhaps have all drones have a chance to drop it, so shield/nullifier/sapping etc.

And this, by all means, be gentle to players, we don't need crazy drops, but not entirely limited ones, for that, there is Nitain, and I can live with that.

Do people not know that Oxium drops from containers everywhere?  You can also get 200 Oxium as a reward from Cetus Bounties, level 10-30 Rotation A, 25% chance in the first round, about 15% in later rounds other than the final one.

Remember that there's a difference between a "timesink/timegate" and an "effortsink". Saying that "every resource is a timesink" doesnt really apply because every OTHER resource can be effectively targeted. The more effort you put in, the more you get. As stated by OP, Nitain is a timegate because there's only so many per day. Argon is a sort-of timegate because it decays. Technically oxium ISN'T a timegate, but it gives the appearance of such when it's difficult/impossible to target the one particular resource with your efforts.