The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shadow Debt Event Mods Should Be End Of Mission Rewards Instead Of Dropping Mid-Mission

Unknown924

While I am enjoying Shadow Debt overall, a large issue is starting to appear that makes this event very frustrating.  That issue is players who leave missions if they don't want the mod that drops.  This creates two issues:

First, if that player is the host then other players have to deal with host migrations.  This is happening regularly and is quite frustrating and can cause major issues for the players that remain.  I did an infested corpus shipwreck survival where the host migration re-locked a door leading to the exit preventing players from reaching it.  The only console available was unsaleable.  Fortunately I got to keep the mod when the mission aborted itself in the next few minutes.

Second, this creates an opening in a mission that new players can join into.  This means the new players have to abort and try to join a fresh mission or stick around and finish the mission without a mod reward.  This gets very annoying.

The second problem can happen on its own but it is made much more common by players leaving missions.

By making the shadow debt mods awarded to all players at the end of the mission if the acolyte was killed those two problems are solved.  Since people won't know what the mod is they won't be able to quit if they don't like it.  This would also solve the issue of players joining after the acolyte is slain and not getting anything

I thought if host leaves you get to keep all drops (including mods). I was running Earth Reverent farms and when the host would DC I would keep all drops. Sounds like a non-issue. 

Edited by Pyus

It is definitely very turbulent right now with the aborts. Work is in progress for the next Hotfix that will present the Mods on Mission Complete.

That will make people burn out faster, especially with the acolytes in longer mission types like defence and mobile defence. This is not a good idea. either make the acolytes only spawn in capture deception or sabotage, or allow clans with hundreds of people allowed to abort mission types if the reward is not worth it.  

I agree with JeyciKon with balancing the drops, I haven't seen a rare drop and I've killed over 60 of the posers

Statistically, you only have a 70% chance of getting a rare drop in 60 kills.

It is definitely very turbulent right now with the aborts. Work is in progress for the next Hotfix that will present the Mods on Mission Complete.

Thank you!

Welp, I now see no reason to continue in this stage of the event, especially if endless nodes continue to be used. It's bad enough that I get to swim in an ocean of Hydraulic Crosshairs, now I have to wait at the end of an interception to see whether or not I get something that isn't Hydraulic Crosshairs?

You see my point, I hope. Increase the drop chances of the rare/uncommon mods, remove Acolytes from endless nodes, or increase the time each Acolyte is active.

Edited by dekurizu

Statistically, you only have a 70% chance of getting a rare drop in 60 kills.

Well I actually have 94 kills, but my point is, it's really miserable to grind these guys into dust when the chance of getting a rare is very low (and you can't desecrate/pilfer them).  When people were given the alternative of aborting so they could do the mission again and have another chance to kill a poser for a reward really fast, they jumped for it. 

Welp, I now see no reason to continue in this stage of the event, especially if endless nodes continue to be used. It's bad enough that I get to swim in an ocean of Hydraulic Crosshairs, now I have to wait at the end of an interception to see whether or not I get something that isn't Hydraulic Crosshairs?

You see my point, I hope. Increase the drop chances of the rare/uncommon mods, remove Acolytes from endless nodes, or increase the time each Acolyte is active.

That will make people burn out faster, especially with the acolytes in longer mission types like defence and mobile defence. This is not a good idea. either make the acolytes only spawn in capture deception or sabotage, or allow clans with hundreds of people allowed to abort mission types if the reward is not worth it.  

Chill guys =)

As far as I know (did run for 12hours nonstop from the release of the Event) the mission type is entirely up to community. For the first 9 hours there was literally none of the endless modes because no one ran them, still there were a really high uptime of Acolyte spawns.

So if we as a community decide not to run a single endless mission and just play fast captures and such the Acolytes will spawn in those missions.

The ONLY reason why there is now so much(only) endless missions is because people only run them to abuse the system.

Edit:

And for those who are concerned about drop rates, you should chill too and see in the future of the Event. As far as I know and theorize there is different loot/droptables for the Event missions (Spy/MD ones 1-4) later on when we have killed Acolytes off as a community. This theory is based on the Datamined tables which are available in the reddit.

According to those tables there is 10% chance of dropping Argon Scope in the "final mission". While the dropchance is now only 2%.

But then again thi

s theory could be wrong, but I want to see what happens after the 1st Acolyte is killed totally before I would start questioning how grindy this Event is.

Thusfar all there is on those tables has been proven right at least for me. The droptables on the Acolytes seems legit.

And I've done 75 Acolytes atm, gonna do more in a minute, missing only Argon Scope from the 12 mods available.

Edited by -Zr-Scroll

Not to mention it would solve the issue of an Acolyte not dropping any mod at all.

have had a few run-ins where I didn't get the mod, but it feels intended, if you don't hit the damage quota within a minute or two they just bail without dropping anything

Chill guys =)

As far as I know (did run for 12hours nonstop from the release of the Event) the mission type is entirely up to community. For the first 9 hours there was literally none of the endless modes because no one ran them, still there were a really high uptime of Acolyte spawns.

So if we as a community decide not to run a single endless mission and just play fast captures and such the Acolytes will spawn in those missions.

The ONLY reason why there is now so much(only) endless missions is because people only run them to abuse the system.

Sorry but you probably are not running missions for clan members who come online to get mods, and running missions over and over and over and over and over and over again is not fun.

several people are now completely stopped playing the event because of it and are waiting for round 3 of the event. guess what. if that systems is implemented there too there are going to be even more burnouts. 

Edited by evil_m3nace

While you guys are at it, please, PLEASE, shake the drop rates a little bit in our favor.... 

I have just a bit over 70 confirmed kills for acolytes that I have extracted at the end of the mission.

I would say the number would be probably around 150 if I extracted on all of the missions If i didn't quit due to yet another common mod that I have way too many of it.

I got all the mods from the current Trio, but there are 8 more mods ( 4 each for 2 last ones ). I really don't know if I can take the grind, especially since I can't even know what will drop so even more time is getting wasted on just to see yet another common mod.

I played solo, exclusively and have no desire to go pub until the very end of the event with the 15 wave of Stalker Nekros summoning Acolytes.

But the current state is, these guys are a joke with certain frames and the time to grind is what kills my mood to play, not the difficulty.

I have just a bit over 70 confirmed kills for acolytes that I have extracted at the end of the mission.

I would say the number would be probably around 150 if I extracted on all of the missions If i didn't quit due to yet another common mod that I have way too many of it.

I got all the mods from the current Trio, but there are 8 more mods ( 4 each for 2 last ones ). I really don't know if I can take the grind, especially since I can't even know what will drop so even more time is getting wasted on just to see yet another common mod.

I played solo, exclusively and have no desire to go pub until the very end of the event with the 15 wave of Stalker Nekros summoning Acolytes.

But the current state is, these guys are a joke with certain frames and the time to grind is what kills my mood to play, not the difficulty.

Actually you got pretty lucky if you have all the current rares.  Personally I've killed ~140 Acolytes and only got one of them so far.

Edited by DitsyPixie

Actually you got pretty lucky if you have all the current rares.  Personally I've killed ~140 Acolytes and only got one of them so far.

I killed probably over 150, its just that I extracted and finished 70 missions with kills.

So its waay more than that.