Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma And Boltor Prime Need A Nerf!

OrphanMaker

I have been playing Warframe for about a year now and know the weapons of the game very well. I like the diversity the weapon range offer. But lately I have been reading stats and building weapons and I can honestly say the Boltor Prime and Soma are overly Buffed! They are stupidly over powered and is destroying the balance and weapon choice of this game. There are older weapon like the supra that does 35 damage that are completely over shadowed by the crit-monster soma, and the crazy 55 damage Boltor Prime. These two weapon have completely broken the balance in this game. The Soma and Boltor Prime are so overly powered you can mow down enemies with little skill and little effort, and make any leveling and modding of any other weapon seems pointless.

The Devs on the last Stream video, 31, talked about making the game more balanced and challenging but how can this game be challenging and balanced with stupid crazy weapons like the Soma and Boltor Prime.

The Saddest part about this is the Boltor Prime. The Boltor Prime as we all know is a prime weapon and like all primes equipment it should not be a big game changer.  There should be little stats change and/or should be purely cosmetic. For example the new Loki prime had a 25 point increase in base energy which is not a game changer, and other prime warfames had very little or no stat changes keeping the balance and choice in this game. The Boltor Prime on the other hand is so stupid its base damage is 54 and the none prime version base damage is 25. That is more than a 100% damage increase. That would be on par with a prime warframe having a 100% stats increase over the original. The Boltor Prime should be a purely cosmetic version of the Boltor or have a small 5+ to 10+ damage increase and not a whooping 30+ damage increase.

I just checked codex stats on despair and compared them to boltor prime...

To talk about Over Powered.

THE BOLTOR PRIME FIRES DESPAIRS!!! XD

1 Boltor prime bolt = 54 damage

1 Despair = 54 damage        to OP!!!

How to fix Soma and Boltor Prime.

Boltor Prime base damage 35.

Soma base Crit damage 1.5 with 50% crit chance... red crit for extra damage

Its either this or buff the suppose to be op Despair to 70 base damage annnnd im happy.

Edited by OrphanMaker

why not nerf every end game content so we won't pass 60+ mins in T4 survival or 40+ waves in T4 def yeah nerf everything naow pleaze

I feel like people calling for nerfs need a nerf :( If you don't like it, don't use it...

now im waiting for the "its just a pve game it doesnt need balnce" guy 

Nerf's arent needed for strong weapons, what needs to happen is the boltor prime needs to be mastery locked at like level 10, instead of it being a mastery rank 2 weapon. Its an extremely good weapon that should only be available to those that have played for awhile so far. This applies to Boltor prime only. The Soma is in a pretty good spot (although I wouldnt mind it being mastery rank 7 or 8 to use instead of 6).

Infact, I think mastery locking more weapons would solve a few issues with the game, such as a lack of progression. Theres like no progression because justa bout every weapon aside from clan tech weapons are 0-2 mastery rank to use. If some weapons where higher it would give people more of sense of advancing within the game and getting better weapons.

Edited by Dtexas

No one would be calling for nerfs if we had more guns on the Soma or Boltor Prime Tier. No single weapon should rise above all, no gun in a tier all by itself.

If the problem is not enough guns on the top tier, isn't the obvious solution to ask for more top tier guns? Not to break the top tier so it sucks?

Please have a look at weapons like the Ogris, Penta or maybe even Angstrum.... in the end Boltor Prime aint going that far
Look at Paris Prime or Dread...

Dude Boltor Prime is fine. So is Soma. The game is on a Power Creep ride and there is no stopping it. After all DEL need to get you to buy plat.

Well S#&$ there i've said it.

Positively said, the game is about weapons, and it would be extremely boring if all of them were completely balanced. There would be no point in going after another weapon -except for the skin. Some balance is good. Total balance is bad.

I do agree with you that Supra could use some love, but by nerfing Soma or Boltor you will achieve nothing. Other weapons will be put on the market that are better stronger faster or that make good coffee and players will go and use that.

If you are going to get this kind of reaction to strong weapons in a game that follows this specific business model you might consider changing games or better just taking it slow and having a break.

Cheers,

I'm one of clan leaders in an alliance that holds Pluto rails. Naturally, that means I run them very often during conflicts with either clanmates or alliance members.

Let me tell you this. For these missions, the true end-game, you NEED multi-forma Boltor Prime, multi-forma Brakk or equivalent. And even they are barely enough.

There should be true powerful, endgame weapons. Why not Boltor Prime?

Yeah Boltor Prime definitely needs a nerf, even though decently into a T4 it will take a entire clip to down someone.

Yeah nerf it please.

The problem doesn't need fixed by a nerf, it needs fixed by buffs to the other less well off weapons.

If the problem is not enough guns on the top tier, isn't the obvious solution to ask for more top tier guns? Not to break the top tier so it sucks?

That sounds like a viable way, but then if we go the prova vandal route with every other gun, would it really solve anything? Remember, no one is complaining on how suckish the normal prova is.

Please have a look at weapons like the Ogris, Penta or maybe even Angstrum.... in the end Boltor Prime aint going that far

Look at Paris Prime or Dread...

Dude Boltor Prime is fine. So is Soma. The game is on a Power Creep ride and there is no stopping it. After all DEL need to get you to buy plat.

Well S#&$ there i've said it.

Positively said, the game is about weapons, and it would be extremely boring if all of them were completely balanced. There would be no point in going after another weapon -except for the skin. Some balance is good. Total balance is bad.

I do agree with you that Supra could use some love, but by nerfing Soma or Boltor you will achieve nothing. Other weapons will be put on the market that are better stronger faster or that make good coffee and players will go and use that.

If you are going to get this kind of reaction to strong weapons in a game that follows this specific business model you might consider changing games or better just taking it slow and having a break.

Cheers,

Depends. Define balance. Some may define it as guns do more against a certain faction than others, which certainly isn't bad.

Being the same=/=Complete Balanced.

Edited by PeripheralVisionary

I'd rather buff high mastery weapons. I mean, fully decked out Embolist should be a perfectly viable alternative to Brakk when it comes down to moving down a massive horde of lvl 40-50 enemies rushing in your face. But it isn't. Don't touch Boltor Prime, buff Supra, buff Embolist. Right now, choice between Soma and Boltor Prime  - and synapse - is a valid choice. Synapse is my most used weapon, and the only one that I got to 6 polarities from it's having 0 initially (it's Quake 1 thunderbolt, yay). Make Supra another valid choice there, make Flux Rifle also a valid choice.

Oh, well then....

If a rank 2 gun has the best dps in the game, it calls for either a mastery rank boost or a nerf.

You can't raise it's MR level because you sold it in a pack with Rhino Prime, who happens to also be MR2.

A MR2 new player who bought the Prime access would suddenly find himself without the gun he paid for for 6~ more master levels.

Or you could grandfather those players in, and let them keep their boltor prime, but punish new players with friends who's buddy had an extra copy to give them.

We need OP weapons to beat the OP-broken content.

5-Forma Boltor Prime or 5-Forma Soma are musts if you want to even think about farming other Prime stuff. You need OP weapons to beat OP enemies. Boltor Prime can kill harder enemies in few shots, while any other weapon sometimes need a few whole clips.

We need weapons that can deal with those goddamn bulletsponges DE throws at us left and right.

First balance enmies and endless mission types, so they can be actually beatable with higher-tier gear (Latron Prime, Brakk, Dual Ichor, stuff like that), then and only then start balancing the OP weapons.

As someone who uses both these guns a decent amount, I think they should not be nerfed, but completely agree that they should be mastery locked. I think Soma should be 8 or higher and boltor prime I think the rank 10 that someone mentioned seems about right. I also agree that more weapons should be mastery locked. You currently can build and speed level a few cheap guns and level up all the boss dropped warframes and get to MR 6 pretty fast. End game weapons should be hard to get, you should not be able to use them until you are oh I don't know maybe near the end of the game. People crying about nerf this nerf that all the time should realize that they can abstain from using any weapon they want and that if we want high level content then we need high level gear. I definitely don't agree that boltor prime is MR 2, that means you can get it on Venus :(.

You can't raise it's MR level because you sold it in a pack with Rhino Prime, who happens to also be MR2.

A MR2 new player who bought the Prime access would suddenly find himself without the gun he paid for for 6~ more master levels.

Or you could grandfather those players in, and let them keep their boltor prime, but punish new players with friends who's buddy had an extra copy to give them.

Actually if you bought the pack with Nekros and the Soma the level cap did not seem to apply, not sure if they fixed that. So packages seem to ignore MR.

EDIT: Also anyone who has it already should be grandfathered in.

Edited by drft240