Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gate Crash: Has De Learned Nothing From The Past?

Sarmon

Constant Loss of stats for every event mission you run: Artificial Difficulty

Doing the exact same objectives that we've done before over and over again: Repetitiveness

Everyone complains about these and the gate crash event just brings repetitiveness and artificial difficulty to it's fullest potential of Completely burning out players.

The only thing I liked about this event are the Slash damage mods.

Why was Cryotic front such a superior event to this one? Only took a minimum of 3 missions to complete, the rewards were very good and it introduced a whole bunch of new gameplay mechanics.

Breeding grounds, Tethra's doom, Cicero crisis? All introduced something completely new to the game.

What did Gate crash introduce in terms of gameplay? Two flying enemies. One with a melee weapon and another one with a sniper rifle.

If DE wants to do this, I'd seriously rather have them release one event for every major gameplay addition and not make events just for the sake of them being there. That's what DE's got tactical alerts for [We yet have to see a second one]

Edit: I know for a fact that some people will think I didn't do the event or I'm lazy. Nope. I did every event to it's final reward ever since fusion moa invasion of Europa.

Edited by Sarmon

The sabotage is different than what we've done before, and mashes together two different tilesets. I think that's something they wanted to test out, and when DE wants to test out a new game type or large addition, they throw an event together to motivate players to test it before they release the full thing. I think the event is fine, but I agree that Cryotic was superior.

I think this is more of a proof of concept than anything else. There was more added here beyond the two Grineer chicks, if you really look at the mission as a whole.

I found the event.. enjoyable. I like the added challenge of progressively losing strength the more missions you run making you adapt and learn to survive in tougher and tougher situations. Perhaps it was more thoroughly felt by me as I was running it with only one other player.

It is definitely a step in the right direction from the limited conclave points, as the transition feels more fluid, and the challenge (or rather punishment for lollygaging) more real.

I had a couple laughs in the late Phobos/Ceres runs when the randoms I had accidentally picked up would consecutively die attempting to revive each other.

Although the event was a bit repetitive (in fact at first I was under the impression it was simply another Tactical Alert), as I expected at least some tactical/visual change when transferring between the 3 major battlefields. And no, the visual transition at the end wasn't enough, considering that even in the last 13-15 runs on Ceres my guild mate with a snipetron vandal & meat shield princess aka Valkyr didn't spend a full minute killing the two bosses.

Edited by Raybie

The event could have been called "Nerfframe" because of how it literally took any frame and showed what would happen if DE hit it with the nerf-stick. At 10 exposure, casters are made useless, as their casting animations play longer than the buffs actually last, you cannot use skills because all targets are out of melee range...etc.

So the only thing you got going for yourself are a few dozen HP and a tiny shield that regens super-slowly and forces you into turtle-mode.

Most of that doesn't matter with the Infested, as you can just jump past them, but the Grineer and their hitscan weapons can kill you before you even reach a safe spot, which replaced skill with luck and the chance that the RNG gods deviated the randomly spreading bullets away from you. Sure, the lesser Grineer don't hit that hard, but Grineer boss lady with the sniper rifle can just OHK you because there's no warning about where she is and when  she is going to fire (there was a laser at times, but I didn't know what it meant, and wasn't gonna stand in it to find out)

It was DIFFERENT, sure...but it wasn't so much hard as it was frustrating.

I play mostly caster frames or melee-oriented heavier frames, and only Solo-mode, but if you cannot use any skills or even reach the enemy because they wreck you from afar without even trying...then the gameplay doesn't work for me.

Edited by ScorpDK

Is forcing the player to play in a different way really artificial difficulty?

Also this is a free to play game the grind is a design choice and will never be removed. 

The only thing I was forced into playing was Rhino because Ironskin was the only useful ability that was not as heavily affected by the power drain.

Grind in F2P's is for making people consider buying it instead of endlessly wasting time. This is an event. Every event reward so far has not been purchasable in any way.

Noooooo!

You crazy???

Never mention the cicero crisis, unless u are 100% talking bad of it.

I still have nightmares because of that "event"

I have nightmares of doing 50+ gradivus missions IN ONE SITTING.

Cicero was a bit long and tedious, but not as bad as other events. Maybe because my friend crafted a vermillion for all of us.

It's almost as bad as gradivus was.I agree the cryoitic event was a step in the right direction this event feels like it's three steps back.

This was nowhere near as bad as Gradvious. 100 runs vs 15. The only thing I would of liked is if they had tiered the cache rewards, or  given an additional incentive for playing the Endurance runs besides clan bragging rights.

It's important to remember that DE does use events as a means of testing ideas to see what new ideas can be incorporated into gameplay. The presence of valuable rewards ensures a large turnout, which means a large feedback pool. While it is clear that the weakening of Warframes was a very divisive idea, let's look at what we did get out of it that does work:

1. A new mission type that incorporates elements of the orokin derelict, including Golem Nav drops.

2. 2 new enemy types in the form of the Grineer targets.

I like fighting the two jetpack ladies... actually kind of interesting and challenging without just killing you outright.

Except for the final 2 or 3 exposure points anyway.  The melee one was a nice distraction from the sniper, but easily flanked and dispatched, real punishing on a connect though.  The sniper however could nearly one shot if not actually one shot poorly armored frames.  Ray trace + AI accuracy (rarely misses if ever with ray trace) + one shot?  Things go from difficult to just plain unfair, and I have to attack this chick from behind no less.

I rather found the event so-so.  I liked the concept as a sabotage/mini assassination, and I enjoyed playing with the idea of placing valuables hidden in caches through out the map.  My problem was that infested are wholly ignorable (at least for now) and searching high and low for these caches sometimes felt like a crap shoot.  Unless you're lucky about their placement, you pretty much have to know the tile set like the back of your hand to find them all.

I like the mission type. It's a bit grindy. But it's nothing compared to the Invasion event's 100 mission requirement or even the Infestation Hive event's ambiguity. It has reasonable challenges that you can prepare for. It's a bit too easy with a team, but most teams are over-tiered for the non-scaling content anyway. I'm finding it much more engaging soloing it. I've even disabled the HUD and I'm not looking at the map.

I love the addition of the resource caches. I wish every non-endless type map had these nice optional objectives that reward exploring and wandering. Bonus caches should be added to every planet from mercury onward.  New players like to take their time killing things and exploring and should be rewarded for engaging the game in that way.

Like many operations I feel that this could have been better. Cryotic, while being a hodge-podge of mobile defense and survival still felt like its own mission, to some extent, with an even more frantic pace that I found to be enjoyable. Gate Crash for me felt a lot less cohesive, just 2 different tile sets strewn together for an anti-climactic boss fight--which is a shame because I really like those sisters.

My biggest complaint is that the loot in Cryotic was tied to the mission but exploring had absolutely nothing to do with stopping the Grineer in this mission. Maybe they could have added the resource caches after Earth (5 points) and tie the caches to temporarily alleviating the weakness caused by exposure? Like an emergency medical supply Grineers brought with them because exposure to the Void damages them as well (no reason to believe exposure to forced-open Void should react any differently to Grineer or Tenno organics.) 

GC was a great idea, and i think that many people hated it cause they werent as OP as they liked to be (aka Rhino skin, Hysteria, M Prime). What made it so bad was that u had to do it 15 times to get the rewards that were kind of baaaaaaad (SHEEV). With cryotic front, i did that mission like 3 or 4 times and LOVED it. The latron wraith made it all worth while. But gate crash was just a waste of time, revives, effort.

Edited by Cyberspace100