Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Illegal plat on consoles?

Seems like Illegal plat may be present on console now aswell. Got a message from a random player for a link and promotion for cheaper platinum. Obviously reported it.(and have to say Sony was rather quick about it, not even 5mins and they taken care of it)

So yeah if you get such messages don't fall for it, while it may be cheaper the currency is illegal and could get your account banned. Just report it for promotion of illegal content.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Yeah more likely to be a scam to get your credit card details or something, we're not PC peasants, our superior console security won't let these 'fake plat' incidents happen to us don't worry 😄

Thats the first time i see "pc" and "peasants" in the same sentence in this forum.

We are usually the peasants when it comes to advantages after all.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Pizza_Parker said:

Thats the first time i see "pc" and "peasants" in the same sentence in this forum.

We are usually the peasants when it comes to advantages after all.

Well people tend to avoid using those words here as we are on much better terms with each-other when it comes to platforms unlike other communities. However consoles and PCs have both benefits and weaknesses that go in their favor. Such as hacking and modding being less likely on consoles.(For example GTAO is fairly good on console compared to PC which is a modder and hacker infested nightmare)

Edited by (PS4)reddragonhrcro

59 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Tell me about it. I once had a guy no clip into a wall and snipe people. 

Yeah that's nothing compared to what I'm hearing about now. Supposedly modders got access to Dev tools and can edit players profiles on the fly in the lobby.Change rank, money, items owned and so on. Stuff that could get people banned just because someone decided to mess with their profile.

You think it is scam? FOOLS I'm richest man alive... I mean i will be richest man alive,I m still waiting for nigerian prince to send me 50b dollars. He said something about being my long lost cousin and family gotta help each other.

29f.jpg

To  moderator: pls no bully https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria it is real place,believe me.It is great place with very hard working people. 

But yeah,do not do shady deals,even if it was true it might get you banned.
Also do not trade with people under mr 10 that want to pay you over 5k plat for something,those are just charge-back masters.

3 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

it is real place,believe me.It is great place with very hard working people. 

don't worry mate, I think he's well aware Nigeria is a real place and most people there aren't scammers =)

always remember the golden rule of any transaction: if it sounds too good to be true, it really is.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Yeah more likely to be a scam to get your credit card details or something, we're not PC peasants, our superior console security won't let these 'fake plat' incidents happen to us don't worry 😄

Sony even crashes their own servers once in awhile for added protection. Take THAT PC mustards! Makes me proud to be paying twice for internet. :cool:

I've never really understood the mentality that risks, potentially, so much for so little in return.

Okay, maybe you'll save a few quid, or €/$, or get a bit more plat for the same money everyone else does. 

But if it gets you banned, what's the point?

If it is used to try and access your details or finances, what's the benefit?

Why not, and I know I'm sounding really stale and conformist here (which is 100% not me in daily life), go onto the ps store or Xbox store, pay like everyone else, and support the devs with your (occasional) purchase at the same time?

It has to be the best way, surely?

Like I said, I am not usually so reasonable and conformist.

But a lot of us spend a lot of money buying consoles, upgrading p.c parts, collecting games, paying for subscriptions, making in game purchases etc...and I cannot see the logic in risking all that for what is probably a very small gain.

On the ps store I think it's about £3.50 for 70 or 75 plat (give or take).

Now, if these sites are offering 500 plat for that same price, I can kind of see the reason some might risk it.

Not me, and I would hope most would be suspicious of such a vastly inflated over pay, but I can kind of understand.

But I bet it's nowhere near that generous.

I am reluctant to double check, so perhaps some one who already has can tell me exactly what you get for your money?

Edited by (PS4)RhinoCharging00