Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leaching

Proximaz

1 hour ago, Gamma745 said:

Or, make fishing and mining also shared with the entire group. That way, we can also "leech" from those leechers.

So what you're saying is you want to give them a reason to leech?

You sign up to a Exterminate mission - You kill everything, you don't go fishing.

You sign up to a Excavation mission - You kill everything and harvest some cryotic, you don't go fishing

You sign up to a Kuva Flood - You kill everything and collect some floating magic stuff, you don't go fishing.

You getting at what i'm saying? 

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

1 hour ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

So what you're saying is you want to give them a reason to leech?

You sign up to a Exterminate mission - You kill everything, you don't go fishing.

You sign up to a Excavation mission - You kill everything and harvest some cryotic, you don't go fishing

You sign up to a Kuva Flood - You kill everything and collect some floating magic stuff, you don't go fishing.

You getting at what i'm saying? 

Not really giving them an excuse to leech, but more as an alternative to a solution that is basically just pigeon-holing an open-world mission to just one method.

Also, those are not good comparisons. Those missions have practically one objective, except for Kuva missions. You either do the objective, or do nothing at all. What else can you do?

I don't condone leeching, but forcing people to go your method or GTFO in Public is just bad manners.

Sooooo,  Ive only just come back to the game.  Fishing!?  sorry, but what the heck?

I take it this new feature can be done in solo play?

If so i understand the flames.

On another tangent, what does fishing achieve, besides catching fish duh

Off i go to Google

One more thing before i go, sometimes i let my 5yr play while im busy.  I daresay he would be called a leech, simply because he doesnt 100% get it (Hes pretty good if you can look past this)  What im getting at is dont assume the person behind the controller knows they are leeching.

7 hours ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

but so many of us mod our weapons and frames to obliterate maps I wonder how many of the "leechers" are actually just tenno that have given up trying because the MR22 Saryn is massacring the enemies so fast.

I love these debates. 
I will continue to push my belief and hope it is accepted as official practice---I dont care about leeching...DE should give Tenno who carry others through missions prestige and in-game screen credit 

I was once a weak Tenno...I am now a strong Tenno...no better sign of my greatness than to carry 3 others.

I have no problem with leeching...DE (and other games to be honest) just dont give me enough credit for carrying the squad. 

I want DE to give in-game credit to Tennno for completing things like i.e. solving a spy room. Let the team know that it was I and my 6-forma Supra (with CC+ CD+ MS+ riven) that ravaged these foes. Go ahead and fish...DE should give me credit for carrying you while you fish). 

Let me give a sports example cause to illustrate my larger point. 

The Cleveland Cavaliers (an professional NBA team in the US...for my non-informed Tenno) is the greatest example of leeching. 

There was only 1 person on that team that did ANYTHING to help that team  get to the championship finals (yes they lost 4 out of 5 times recently) and that was Lebron James. The rest of the Cavs leeched off of Lebron's skills. 

But in professional sports, the leeching of the sucky Cav players (looking at you J.R. Smith) is sign as evidence of the greatness of the 1 good player on the squad. We give that 1 good player tons of credit. We put their name in lights and celebrate how that 1 good player carreid the rest of the team. 

Thats what I want DE.

Thats why this leeching issue is a non-issue. 

Enjoy the fact that you are sooooo good that you can complete a 4-person mission using only 2 people. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

Enjoy the fact that you are sooooo good that you can complete a 4-person mission using only 2 people. 

There is just one little problem with your wish.  There are solo players who solo almost every mission if not all of them.  

So if you're soooo good that you can complete a 4-person mission using only 2 people, that must make a solo player that does the same thing with just one person even better.  

Just thought I would mention this in case you overlooked it.  😁 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

I love these debates. 
I will continue to push my belief and hope it is accepted as official practice---I dont care about leeching...DE should give Tenno who carry others through missions prestige and in-game screen credit 

I was once a weak Tenno...I am now a strong Tenno...no better sign of my greatness than to carry 3 others.

I have no problem with leeching...DE (and other games to be honest) just dont give me enough credit for carrying the squad. 

I want DE to give in-game credit to Tennno for completing things like i.e. solving a spy room. Let the team know that it was I and my 6-forma Supra (with CC+ CD+ MS+ riven) that ravaged these foes. Go ahead and fish...DE should give me credit for carrying you while you fish). 

Let me give a sports example cause to illustrate my larger point. 

The Cleveland Cavaliers (an professional NBA team in the US...for my non-informed Tenno) is the greatest example of leeching. 

There was only 1 person on that team that did ANYTHING to help that team  get to the championship finals (yes they lost 4 out of 5 times recently) and that was Lebron James. The rest of the Cavs leeched off of Lebron's skills. 

But in professional sports, the leeching of the sucky Cav players (looking at you J.R. Smith) is sign as evidence of the greatness of the 1 good player on the squad. We give that 1 good player tons of credit. We put their name in lights and celebrate how that 1 good player carreid the rest of the team. 

Thats what I want DE.

Thats why this leeching issue is a non-issue. 

I, too, sort of weigh my worth based on whether or not I can carry new players. I'm not so bad at it, but I'm still a noob at Grineer Sortie hack, Anything but survival or defense Lua sortie missions, and embarrassingly I have not yet touched those newly added Eidolons.

I don't want to give the wrong impression, though, about my stance on leeching. I feel it is wrong, especially in affinity farm missions, because in that case there needs to be a give and take on the part of all squad mates. However, in most cases, "leechers" are harmless and I or someone else on the squad is probably not even given them a chance to participate.

I hope to see more community in Warframe (and on Earth in general), I recently dusted off an older account and brought it to Warframe. It is really difficult for new players if they don't either buy some starter plat or have people helping them farm prime parts for trade. I'm trying to do it the hard way and I'm stuck with no slots on that account. If the acolyte had of dropped just one more Argon Scope, I would of been set. This is why I'm chill when it comes to new players that seem to be AFK. They are most likely feeling overwhelmed and under-powered.

I usually solo the plains cos going public doesn't speed things up and often ends up slower so it's not normally a problem I run into. However if I go public I'll take a loki. Switch teleporting a leecher is fun 😄

Something to consider though. If you're doing bounties and need to join public groups, chances are you're doing content that you can't manage by yourself which means you're trying to get something earlier in the game much like asking for a taxi to a later planet. So even though you're no doubt helping in the mission, you're still hoping to get carried by a stronger player. Which makes you a bit of a leech also. Just not as bad of one.

Edited by Zilchy

5 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Something to consider though. If you're doing bounties and need to join public groups, chances are you're doing content that you can't manage by yourself which means you're trying to get something earlier in the game much like asking for a taxi to a later planet. So even though you're no doubt helping in the mission, you're still hoping to get carried by a stronger player. Which makes you a bit of a leech also.

100% agree. We all leech .. err .. lift together?

Jokes aside, that is the question I usually ask and even more true when it's a bounty: Why are you going in a public group in the first place?

Funny, no one ever answers that question when asked.

Edited by (PS4)xtharbadx

2 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

100% agree. We all leach .. err .. lift together?

Jokes aside, that is the question I usually ask and even more true when it's a bounty: Why are you going in a public group in the first place?

That's a damn good question that almost no one ever really answers.  

edit:  I'll give my answer.  I mostly solo.  The few times that I do group up, it's either to show off, help someone else, and/or just see how others play.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

6 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

inb4 someone says "I just want to play with other people"

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

That's a damn good question that almost no one ever really answers.  

edit:  I'll give my answer.  I mostly solo.  The few times that I do group up, it's either to show off, help someone else, and/or just see how others play.  

I go public often, unless I want full control and/or have specific goals in mind, or even if I just want to play a different style or test myself without interfering with others or let them interfere with my game.

The difference is, I set my expectations right for public missions. I realise that I will be matched with random players who may or may not share the same goals, who may want to leave at 5m or who may want to leave at 5h. Who may be new players and screw up or delay the mission, or be veterans who will make me feel useless.

Point being, nothing wrong going on public groups, just know what you are going into and set expectations right. If people would do that, they wouldn't be complaining on the forums about "that player" that they got matched with. Want full control? Go solo or setup a group.

6 hours ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

No. IMHO, you can and should try, you just need to set your expectations right and assume that if you're going to end up with a group of random players anything can happen.

I actually like this statement and this portion of the conversation immediately reminded me of Monster Hunter matchmaking. The options are all there, skills, casual, gathering, hunting. If someone joined under guidelines they refuse to follow I fully see reason to punish them.

As it stands now what you get is what you got, there is no guidelines just a "popular opinion" which unfortunately is bias against diversity, which in PUG nobody should have ruling either way. If anyone has ever been punished, they shouldnt have. It like being kicked out of a lunch room for eating chicken with a fork.

Or as stated before... You know gave up when so many are running massive map clearing frames, that they can't enjoy helping. 

12 hours ago, g0thv4mp1r3 said:

Or how about this, DE should DISABLE fishing and mining in bounty missions even incursions and being active only solo or a pre made group( if u want to fish with friends or mine) this would stop the leachers to fish or mine.  When a bounty or incursion objective goes up make it so that fishing and mining is imposible

I 100% disagree with this. i like being on a mission seeing a blue mark on the rocks, quickly mining it then going back to what i was doing. dont let a select few control our ability to do these things...

3 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Something to consider though. If you're doing bounties and need to join public groups, chances are you're doing content that you can't manage by yourself which means you're trying to get something earlier in the game much like asking for a taxi to a later planet. So even though you're no doubt helping in the mission, you're still hoping to get carried by a stronger player. Which makes you a bit of a leech also. Just not as bad of one.

so you think you are only supposed to be doing the things you can get solo?

what you can do solo is absolutely NOT the standard for where you "should" be. 

9 minutes ago, Ginkawa said:

so you think you are only supposed to be doing the things you can get solo?

what you can do solo is absolutely NOT the standard for where you "should" be. 

Oh no definitely not, I was merely making a point. That to an extent anyone requiring a public game is leeching a little. It was more tongue in cheek than anything else.

Just now, Zilchy said:

Oh no definitely not, I was merely making a point. That to an extent anyone requiring a public game is leeching a little. It was more tongue in cheek than anything else.

oh ok, that makes more sense. 

lol, I played entirely solo (with mag no less) for way too long because I was an idiot and didn't appreciate how positive and tolerant of imperfect play people are.  

9 minutes ago, Ginkawa said:

oh ok, that makes more sense. 

lol, I played entirely solo (with mag no less) for way too long because I was an idiot and didn't appreciate how positive and tolerant of imperfect play people are.  

Yeh sorry, cheekiness can be hard to convey in text. I did the same, I played solo a lot when I was new and then learned how much more efficient joining a decent clan is.

5 hours ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Sooooo,  Ive only just come back to the game.  Fishing!?  sorry, but what the heck?

I take it this new feature can be done in solo play?

If so i understand the flames.

On another tangent, what does fishing achieve, besides catching fish duh

Off i go to Google

One more thing before i go, sometimes i let my 5yr play while im busy.  I daresay he would be called a leech, simply because he doesnt 100% get it (Hes pretty good if you can look past this)  What im getting at is dont assume the person behind the controller knows they are leeching.

Well you shouldn't.

For one thing its a 17+ rated game with blood & gore (mature content).

Secondly, the majority of players are a lot older and in most cases better (and expect more from other players) 

Thirdly, you are potentially exposing your kid to stuff in chat that he shouldn't be seeing.

Very irresponsible of you...no matter how good he is at the game (for his age).

Bad parenting on your part.

Even if you can't solo the hardest bounties, there's a 90% chance there is someone in the group who can wipe PoE clean, so I can't care less about leeching there.

I myself also go after a wisp or two when its night if my entire team is MR20+ and everybody are racing who can nuke the ships faster.

Now what pisses me off is the Umbra with Hek I had the other day on a Trydolon, who even openly admitted he doesn't have an amp, did 0% damage and didn't capture a single lure, but didn't fail to die every 40-50 seconds.

Also, you do realize that someone who simply didn't queue solo and goes fishing can unwillingly become a host to a bounty?