Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A little hope for just killing Lotus in The New War

(Spoiler Tag is just in case you haven't progressed far in the game and completed Apostasy Prologue or Sacrifice.)

At this point in the story, and after having played for 3 long years, I can say that I genuinely hope we get the opportunity within this quest to just finish Lotus off. Vay Hek was right about one thing, she needs to be thrown into the sun. 
I'm sick of Ordis' Shadow Lotus, Sacrifice left me seething towards her (though I enjoyed her obliterating Umbra, i'd love to see that again and again but I don't want to go past my 0.0% usage rate on Umbra or Skiajati), and in all honesty i've had her muted for the longest time. I've practically memorized what's said by her in all mission types, and with objective markers, her absence is perfectly warranted as there is no need for the handholding.

I don't mind whoever the new narrator would be in this case, whether Ordis took over, or creeptastic ol' Teshin, i'd honestly be fine with no narrator in missions outside story specific blurbs just as Lotus is muted now.

Just no more Lotus. I'd go the Evil route just for her.

Just a little thought I wanted to get off my mind.

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36

Ive thought about the route system that DE is doing, and i dont think that its going to effect the story. There are multiple levels (in a sense), and creating 3/more endings will 1 - be complicated 2 - mean that people we get different endings and thus they would have to continue making multiple stories and also that fact that if one route saves the lotus and the other destroys her there will be too much conflict in general, cause one player cant save the lotus and the other not, cause there is technique only 1 lotus (hope you can understand, I cant really put it into words). 

I dont mind the lotus (the voice actor), the character though eh. I would love to see DE add a feature that we can choose our narrator, like have Baro, Teshin, Ordis etc.

But in the end it is DE who decide

Will the Lotus die or live (honestly i just hope she stays as the sentient and becomes the main villain, because i dont have much love for her now)  

3 minutes ago, QuatroLeo said:

maybe just me, but feels like your title is a bit of a spoiler

I can't say I'd understand why the title is a spoiler. The New War isn't expected until 2019, and it was shown off with Lotus' Sentient form at Tennocon.

Apologies if it felt that way to you, I just wanted to rid my mind of the thought of ridding my game of Lotus with the perfect quest to do so.

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36

4 minutes ago, QuatroLeo said:

maybe just me, but feels like your title is a bit of a spoiler

Not really, I mean anybody who has seen the new trailer can obviously see that the lotus is a Sentient (because of the voice), and that there is a massive army behind her. So nothing is spoiled, I mean i can say 'I hope the lotus dies in Natah', thats not really spoiling anything

Again it is your opinion, and you have a right to it, but as ALG just said, i cant see how anything is spoiled by the title

Edited by Preciselemur

20 minutes ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

(Spoiler Tag is just in case you haven't progressed far in the game and completed Apostasy Prologue or Sacrifice.)

At this point in the story, and after having played for 3 long years, I can say that I genuinely hope we get the opportunity within this quest to just finish Lotus off. Vay Hek was right about one thing, she needs to be thrown into the sun. 
I'm sick of Ordis' Shadow Lotus, Sacrifice left me seething towards her (though I enjoyed her obliterating Umbra, i'd love to see that again and again but I don't want to go past my 0.0% usage rate on Umbra or Skiajati), and in all honesty i've had her muted for the longest time. I've practically memorized what's said by her in all mission types, and with objective markers, her absence is perfectly warranted as there is no need for the handholding.

I don't mind whoever the new narrator would be in this case, whether Ordis took over, or creeptastic ol' Teshin, i'd honestly be fine with no narrator in missions outside story specific blurbs just as Lotus is muted now.

Couldn't agree more. Lets put her down. Purge that helm from our quarters. And give us the guide we want. I mean she did try and kill us at the end of the sacrifice.  So Sick of her. Then maaaybe we can actully have adult Tenno? 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

I can't say I'd understand why the title is a spoiler. The New War isn't expected until 2019, and it was shown off with Lotus' Sentient form at Tennocon.

Apologies if it felt that way to you, I just wanted to rid my mind of the thought of ridding my game of Lotus with the perfect quest to do so.

Guess just me then. I didn't check any trailers or anything for Warframe for a long long time after starting so...

I guess on topic I hope we can get her back because I do enjoy her as a character. Maybe in the future we will have options as to whom to choose to follow (but that probably would be a long way away)

I genuinely liked space mom, but there is definitely a sense of betrayal.  She is no longer the space mom that I grew to love, instead she is a cold calculating monster that has betrayed us.  

I also think it is insulting for Ordis to continue to use her voice when he has been or most stalwart companion.  If anything it should be the voice of Ordis comforting us, no Lotus.

Lotus has died, it is time for use to take up our swords against Natah and Ballas.  Don't give her some weird Darth Vader redemption arc, let us remember who she once was and destroy the beings that took our mom away.

Personally, I am hoping that you will be able to choose one of three sides in (presumably) a coming war between the remnants of the Orokin empire and the Sentients. I am hoping that, at the end of the next quest, we will somehow be able to choose which side of the war we will choose (Orokin, Sentient, or Neutral) and depending on your choice you will have different mission objects and battles akin to old solar rail conflicts.

That probably won't be what happens, but hey, a man can dream.

7 minutes ago, Arekin said:

I genuinely liked space mom, but there is definitely a sense of betrayal.  She is no longer the space mom that I grew to love, instead she is a cold calculating monster that has betrayed us.  

I also think it is insulting for Ordis to continue to use her voice when he has been or most stalwart companion.  If anything it should be the voice of Ordis comforting us, no Lotus.

Lotus has died, it is time for use to take up our swords against Natah and Ballas.  Don't give her some weird Darth Vader redemption arc, let us remember who she once was and destroy the beings that took our mom away.

Beautiful, utterly beautiful. 

I don't understand the feeling of betrayal.  We knew what she was the moment we did Natah (or was it the one after that really explained it).  We knew she was a sentient.  Why would you trust her 100% after that?

I still feel we are missing a significant piece (why she was with Balas).

15 minutes ago, aswitz87 said:

I don't understand the feeling of betrayal.  We knew what she was the moment we did Natah (or was it the one after that really explained it).  We knew she was a sentient.  Why would you trust her 100% after that?

I still feel we are missing a significant piece (why she was with Balas).

Because SHE also knew who she had once been, and she rejected that to replace the parents that the Tenno lost.  She adopted us, and her past didn't matter.  What she did after that, succumbing to Ballas's call, that was no different than when the Tennos' parents went mad and wished harm on them.  The Tenno fought back then, and they should do the same now.

Honestly, it would be a perfect parallel to the Tennos' origins, and if would be more of a coming of age than any battle the Tenno have fought in the past.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

How GRIM of you...Don’t worry, it’s setting up for Lotus to sacrifice herself to save you...and die in the process.  Or ascend and be totally changed.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Mmm

I don’t really remember but when you touched her helmet you saw Umbra and Ballas. Also the operator said “I think she wanted me to see this”

And I’m pretty sure in Apostasy she wasn’t happy to see Ballas. To me it looked like he sort of mind controlled her.

Edit: Also at the end of the Sacrifice the operator said something like: “Ordis, I saw her.” Ordis: “But it wasn’t her wasn’t it?” Operator: “No, I don’t know...”

Edited by Ethlaez_V2

9 minutes ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Honestly i'd rather take Regor.
@Arekin makes a good point though on the parallels of this fight. Actually gives us a solid reason why killing Lotus could be viable.

Vay Hek amuses me more. Tyl would just put me to sleep with that voice.

Tyl: "Alarms! Quickly or you'll lo-"

Me: *snore*